Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Blogs and Operations

From Zero To Hero

Default From Zero To Hero

Hi. This is going to be the beginning of something big.

First of all i want to introduce myself and my life the past couple of years. Then i will tell you guys about my plan and this 'From Zero To Hero' project. I had it in mind many times in the last couple of years, i just never took it to the first step, but i decided that if i am going to be a professional pokerplayer, this has to be done. Finally i want to say that i am going to update this thread daily, even several times daily, so be prepared for a lot of hands to discuss and a lot of debates about this project.

My name is Sabr, i'am 24 years old and i live in Denmark, in a city called Kolding. I have been playing poker for around 4 years in all, with a lot of breaks here and there. I am that kind of guy that does not know how what to really do in life, besides having fun. This might sound kinda sad, but let me remind you, that we are all diffrent. Okay so, i am 24 and still dont have any educations or papers, but i am still a smart guy, and people keep telling me that(ohh that helps). I tried many schools, hoping that i somehow found something that interested me, but without succes. I kept dropping out, and most of the times to just focus on poker only. So in March this year, i came to an conclusion. My best friend kept telling me that if i wanted to get to the top in poker i had to go for it 100%, not 50% as when i am taking some kind of school having to focus on both. Many times i denied him, wanting to get some education papers just so that i could be like others. So, in March this year, i decided to go for it 100%, for poker. My friend was happy that i finally had that in me, to say "I'm going for this 100%". Because we all know, taking a shot on poker is a big choice and you got to use a lot of time on it , but i was prepared. I deposited $440 and i started grinding MTTs just as the MicroMillion series started. 10 days later i had 2500$ on my account, was lucky in the Bigger $3.30 got 2nd for 1700$ - that felt nice doing that with good bankroll managment. I began to play some live poker with my friend(doing 50/50 in buyins while i was the one playing, he kind of invested). It went really good, we won maybe 2000$(1000$ each) once or twice a week in cashgames, with a buyin of 170$ each. So i was really playing good and for the first time in my life, i tried that little feeling of living by playing poker. That was an amazing feeling. This went on for a couple months, but in May something happened. 17th May 2013 i played some bigger tours and some SCOOPs and in a 109$ turbo, i went all the way and won 14k$. Thats the good part, the bad part is that i lost about 60% of it on poker again, the rest i bought alot of clothes etc but yes, i made the biggest mistake a pokerplayer can ever do. Really i was in shock, how could i throw it all that fast. I could not believe it, but it happened. After that i came to that conclusion that if i was gonna get to the top, this should never happen again. Actually i didn't feel bad in more than a couple months, and i think it is because i kept telling myself at least i went through this allready, now i am prepared for the next time this should happen. So, i kinda payed 8k$ to 'learn' the worth of money. And the day today, i am glad i made that mistake. Since that big loss, i began to use forums more, i began to watch videos and really reading a lot of stuff about poker, wanting to improve my game and my thoughts about poker, trying to take it to the next level. Actually i deposited something around 800$ the last couple of months, and i have had enough. My control is so bad that i really can not take it anymore. Something has to be done, and i dont care what it is, as long as i can somehow play poker. Well i can admit, the money in poker has allways drove me more than it should, but i believe in myself, and i want to prove for myself and others reading this, that if you really want to make a diffrence, then you can do it!

So my plan is simpely, to start from scratch. I've been thinking about it a lot. And knowing there are so many donks at the lower stakes, you gotta have some incredible tecnique combined with som big amount of patience and luck ofc. Actually my name 'Sabr' means patience in arabic, maybe that is a tell? Lol. J/k.

So i have made some rules to start with and i will evaulate after this week has ended or when i reach above 20-25$. So here comes the rules:

1. I must not deposit a single dollar for the rest of this year.
    2. I must update this thread at least once pr. day unless a good excuse given in advance.
    3. I must put up at least 1 hand for review pr. day.
    4. If i somehow get to more than 20$ i must ask for advice in this thread, to what way i should approach further increase of my bankroll.
    5. This rule has been deleted as i do not see any reason to post all freerolls i am playing

So this was pretty much it for now. I will be posting some key hands for todays tournaments maybe getting some feedback.

I hope this will be a nice way for me to improve as a pokerplayer and hopefully i will soon be a qualified FTR member even though i can not play in FTR freerolls because of i did not register through FTR, but heck with it, i see myself more active lately here on FTR, and i am happy for that as there are some very good guys and amazing pokerplayers in here.

Nick on PokerStars -> Sabr1988

Thanks for reading guys. Sabr

01-10-13 // Status for the day: +0,07$ // Current Bankroll = 0,07$
    02-10-13 // Status for the day: +0,27$ // Current Bankroll = 0,35$
    Last edited by Sabr1988; 10-02-2013 at 12:11 PM.
    With patience you win
    Good luck Sabr. Sounds like a solid plan. Go go go!
    Quote Originally Posted by abelardx View Post
    Good luck Sabr. Sounds like a solid plan. Go go go!
    Thank you very much Abe! I can say i have never tried this for more than a couple of days, and i never thought i would make this succeed. But now i am on it, can not back down now.
    With patience you win
    Good luck with the grind!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay-Z
    I'm a couple hands down and I'm tryin' to get back
    I gave the other grip, I lost a flip for five stacks
    Quote Originally Posted by griffey24 View Post
    Good luck with the grind!
    Thank you very much griffey!
    With patience you win
    Convert your hands mate. FTR has a hand converter, weaktight, HM2 has an inbuilt one etc etc. Walls of text = bad!

Gl on the grind though.
    Quote Originally Posted by ImSavy View Post
    Convert your hands mate. FTR has a hand converter, weaktight, HM2 has an inbuilt one etc etc. Walls of text = bad!

Gl on the grind though.
    Ohh okay i did not know, but i will try to explore it so i can begin to post hands through weaktight. And thanks alot Savy!
    With patience you win
    PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 0 Tournament, 300/600 Blinds 120 Ante (8 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://flopturnriver.com/

UTG+1 (t10,460)
    MP1 (t68,735)
    MP2 (t8,885)
    Hero (CO) (t6,212)
    Button (t33,314)
    SB (t15,366)
    BB (t8,782)
    UTG (t12,631)

Hero's M: 3.34

Preflop: Hero is CO with 4, 4
    4 folds, Hero raises to t6,092 (All-In), 2 folds, BB calls t5,492

Flop: (t13,444) 10, A, 10 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Turn: (t13,444) A (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: (t13,444) 2 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: t13,444

Results below:
    Spoiler:

BB had 7, K (flush, Ace high).
    Hero had 4, 4 (two pair, Aces and tens).
    Outcome: BB won t13,444

Earned 0,27 in this one. Hoping for a few more cashes before taking a shot with 0,80 in a 0.01/0.02 cashgame, dont know yet if it is going to be NL, PLO or some Hi/Lo stuff.
    Last edited by Sabr1988; 10-02-2013 at 11:46 AM.
    With patience you win
    I think you'd be so much better off just depositing 50 bucks. I mean honestly, putting in so many hours to make less than half a BI for a 2NL game is just a suicidal approach and really impractical use of your time. You're spending hours making pennys then playing a cash game with a roll of less than half a buy in. This pretty much makes any skill you have irrelevant as any thing can happen with 80c in a 2NL game, most likely is that you'll just busto it then have spent all that time and effort for nothing.

I think if you're really serious about poker you need to stop this nonsense and make a small disciplined deposit then play with that money using actual sensible BR management.

Don't mean to sound harsh so please don't take it that way, I just don't like the thought of someone who is passionate about making progress in poker wasting their time and going about it in a way that literally makes you variances bitch just to build any kind of roll in the first place.
    an alternative way and still satisfy the no deposit rule is to sign up with one of the free bankroll sites or do an FTR signup with a site like rivapoker and get a free 10$ to start grinding with or poker770 or 888 poker . http://www.flopturnriver.com/No-Deposit-Bonus.html takes you to the signup links showing the amount of free money you get . this would get you over the multiple buyin hurdle making busting and wasting time less likely( but may still happen , but if it does move onto the next on ) not sure on the danish ipoker eligibility for room signups. i know the dutch aren't allowed on some ipoker rooms
    Last edited by Keith; 10-02-2013 at 02:54 PM.
    I've done this challenge myself, learned a lot along the way and I cannot recommend highly enough the advice Keith and Carroters are offering you. Sure, it feels good to be able to say I've never deposited, but I absolutely would not do this again if I had any sort of experience and I was starting out now. Chris Ferguson famously did this challenge and took forever to make a few hundred bucks despite being a top player, so it is clearly incredibly difficult to do.

If you are still intent on doing it the hard way, at least make sure you have $30 of freeroll winnings or free money first and don't sit down at a cash game with one 40bb BI (this is madness). There are a lot of soft sites/skins out there throwing money at freerolls, so if you do your research, play enough and are competent, you'll get the $30 in no time and be off and running.

Anyway (and sincerely), all the best of luck at the tables.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carroters View Post
    I think you'd be so much better off just depositing 50 bucks. I mean honestly, putting in so many hours to make less than half a BI for a 2NL game is just a suicidal approach and really impractical use of your time. You're spending hours making pennys then playing a cash game with a roll of less than half a buy in. This pretty much makes any skill you have irrelevant as any thing can happen with 80c in a 2NL game, most likely is that you'll just busto it then have spent all that time and effort for nothing.

I think if you're really serious about poker you need to stop this nonsense and make a small disciplined deposit then play with that money using actual sensible BR management.

Don't mean to sound harsh so please don't take it that way, I just don't like the thought of someone who is passionate about making progress in poker wasting their time and going about it in a way that literally makes you variances bitch just to build any kind of roll in the first place.
    I fully understand your advice mate, and i appreciate it much that you use your time offering me some advices that might do it all much easier for me. But let me just explain myself, i love the way to build up from nothing. I mean i understand people get somehow a little upset because this can be so gamblish, and it can. But i will try to get to maybe 3-5$, and then picking my spot very carefully, joining 1 cashtable 6-max, playing very nittish. Only getting it in with AA, KK preflop. QQ, JJ, AK, AQ etc will just be called and evaluateing on the flop.

I still know this might seem like waste of time, but i actually have done it a couple of times, building fro 0$ and 0,80$ to around 60$, both times. But then i failed in getting to the next step. So that is why i decided to make some rules, more specific, rule #4 - asking for advice on how i should build my bankroll further on.

But i still LOVE the comments from you, Keith and Bean, these comments gives me so many oppertunities and ideas on how i can proceed building a bankroll.

I will give it a shot this project, but honestly i have allready thought it through, that if i dont get past 200$ before 01/01/14, then i really just want to deposit say 250$-500$ and start with SNGs and then complete with MTTs.

But thanks alot for your advice Carroters!
    With patience you win
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    an alternative way and still satisfy the no deposit rule is to sign up with one of the free bankroll sites or do an FTR signup with a site like rivapoker and get a free 10$ to start grinding with or poker770 or 888 poker . http://www.flopturnriver.com/No-Deposit-Bonus.html takes you to the signup links showing the amount of free money you get . this would get you over the multiple buyin hurdle making busting and wasting time less likely( but may still happen , but if it does move onto the next on ) not sure on the danish ipoker eligibility for room signups. i know the dutch aren't allowed on some ipoker rooms
    Thanks a lot Keith. I must admit though, i have never join multiple sites to play on diffrent sites each day, but if you can recommend a way to do it, i would be more than happy to try it out. Actually, can you tell me which one of those above mentioned sites have most bad SNG players and MTT players? And where the stakes are very low? I would then give it a shot, but i have to say i dont think i will register for as many sites as possible, not right now tho.
    With patience you win
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bean Counter View Post
    I've done this challenge myself, learned a lot along the way and I cannot recommend highly enough the advice Keith and Carroters are offering you. Sure, it feels good to be able to say I've never deposited, but I absolutely would not do this again if I had any sort of experience and I was starting out now. Chris Ferguson famously did this challenge and took forever to make a few hundred bucks despite being a top player, so it is clearly incredibly difficult to do.

If you are still intent on doing it the hard way, at least make sure you have $30 of freeroll winnings or free money first and don't sit down at a cash game with one 40bb BI (this is madness). There are a lot of soft sites/skins out there throwing money at freerolls, so if you do your research, play enough and are competent, you'll get the $30 in no time and be off and running.

Anyway (and sincerely), all the best of luck at the tables.
    Ty very much sir. Well, i will do my best on getting to that 20$-30$ and then ask for advice on what way i should proceed to build my roll. But untill then, i think i am just going to play pretty much anything, but ofc with style and not just playing like a donk. I have that feeling inside, that i can beat them all kind of, but i can not give up and think to much about "this is going to take much time", i think if i really put time into it, i could do around 5$ a day just by freerolling, but that might be easier said than done, tho i will go for this. Today i had some thing i had to get sorted, tomorrow i will get new fiber broadband connection that will take around 2 hours to fix, but after that, i will get on my grind.

But thank you for letting me know that you have tried that before, that ofc make your comment even more interesting and i can relate to it also because i have build before from scratch twice before, and to around 60$. But then it just failed, i failed at getting it to the next level. This time i really want to do it. Maybe by creating a blog it will keep me more motivated and focused. So far i feel really good even tho i feel like i crush low limits. But with so many swings in my 4yo 'pokercareer' i must say, i dont mind playing very low stakes, to prove my worth. I love the competition and the challange. Thank you very much sir, i wish you the best at the tables, and in life ofc.
    With patience you win
    http://crushonlineholdem.proboards.c...ad=156&page=17

that was a blog i did when i did a similar thing a couple of years ago . had 4$ ish left on VC poker from a no deposit bonus i got when i first started playing. ground it up and in the process discovered the ipoker currency conversion scam. If you do end up doing a similar thing on ipoker its better to be aware of the currency conversion scam cos its still going to this day.Heres the link to the thread discussing it on 2+2.http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/28...layers-883575/
    http://crushonlineholdem.proboards.c...ad=156&page=17

that was a blog i did when i did a similar thing a couple of years ago . had 4$ ish left on VC poker from a no deposit bonus i got when i first started playing. ground it up and in the process discovered the ipoker currency conversion scam. If you do end up doing a similar thing on ipoker its better to be aware of the currency conversion scam cos its still going to this day.Heres the link to the thread discussing it on 2+2.http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/28...layers-883575/
    Thanks Keith. I just read it and was cool that you were so desciplined. I created an account on Betsafe and PartyPoker, but i will stay at those 3 sites for now, unless there comes a nice freeroll somewhere else or there is more value elsewhere.
    With patience you win
    By the way i did not play on stars the last couple of days, had to sort some things irl. But can someone tell me, why can i not edit my blog?
    With patience you win
    Ended 14th out of 3775 players in the BankrollMob 25$ Freeroll. MP5 or something limps, sb limps and i check on the bb. Flop K36, i had K8off. I check, MP5 bet 30k in a 66k pot, i raise to 90k he shoves, i called with around 80k behind. He had K10.

Btw, i earned 0,21$ so total bankroll is now on 0,56$. I was thinking about playing some 0,02$ hyper tours with 990 entrants, money for top50 with 0,10$ as a minimum payout and with 4,40$ on top. But again, i dont know if i should wait untill i got maybe around a dollar or something like that. Any ideas for what i should do?
    Last edited by Sabr1988; 10-06-2013 at 06:06 PM.
    With patience you win
    http://www.flopturnriver.com/888-poker-Bonus-Code.php and start with 8$. links are busted at the moment so PM pascal for the correct referral link to use.
    Keith: Thanks bro, i will remember that.

Today i played 3x 0,02$ tours, busted all, as it was a real donkfest.. First out with AA, 2nd with 66, 3rd with QQ. But cashed 0,17$ in the Privilege 100K Freeroll so my bankroll is now on 0,67$
    With patience you win
    We are around 90 players left in the 0,02$ 990 man hyper tournament. I did not make any mistakes, did i?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 0.02 Tournament, 800/1,600 Blinds 320 Ante (8 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://flopturnriver.com

SB (t16,705)
    BB (t7,266)
    Hero (UTG) (t30,832)
    UTG+1 (t4,125)
    MP1 (t15,390)
    MP2 (t3,741)
    CO (t19,370)
    Button (t15,843)

Hero's M: 6.22

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A, J
    Hero raises to t3,200, 3 folds, CO calls t3,200, 1 fold, SB calls t2,400, 1 fold

Flop: (t13,760) Q, 6, 8 (3 players)
    SB bets t1,600, Hero calls t1,600, CO raises to t3,200, 1 fold, Hero raises to t27,312 (All-In), CO calls t12,650 (All-In)

Turn: (t47,060) 4 (2 players, 2 all-in)

River: (t47,060) 2 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: t47,060

Results below:
    Spoiler:

Hero had A, J (high card, Ace).
    CO had 8, 8 (three of a kind, eights).
    Outcome: CO won t47,060
    With patience you win
    Took 5th place in that 990 man hyper tournament. Won 1.10$. So my current bankroll is now at 1.75$.

My plan so far is to keep freerolling and keep trying at the 0,02$ 990 entrants hypertour. I am not going to try the 0,25$ slow level tournaments or 0,80$ cashgame. But i feel good so far, doing this from zero to 1,75$ lol.. I look forward!

If anyone have any ideas on how i should proceed other than my own ideas, i would be happy to know! Thanks
    With patience you win
    Glad to hear you've decided against the 80c cash game shot/ You now have 85BIs for these 2c tournaments seems like a solid plan to keep playing these as the payouts will be far greater than freerolls. If you're rolled to speed up your bankroll growing, you may as well go for it.
    Those 2c 990 man hypers really aren't worth playing imo. Maybe play them whilst you are playing whatever freeroll but I wouldn't ever try to attempt to grind a roll from them.

Personally I'd just take 1BI shots at 2nl as soon as you have like $3 and keep repeating that until you stop busting.
    It depends what you want to end up playing, but if I had no long term interest in tournaments I would rather take 40bb shots at nutcamping 2NL rather than playing 1k man 2c tournaments for a roll

(Asssuming the $3 is not a lifechanging amount of money...)
    Last edited by Pelion; 10-08-2013 at 03:23 PM.
    gabe: Ive dropped almost 100k in the past 35 days.

bigspenda73: But how much did you win?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelion View Post
    It depends what you want to end up playing, but if I had no long term interest in tournaments I would rather take 40bb shots at nutcamping 2NL rather than playing 1k man 2c tournaments for a roll

(Asssuming the $3 is not a lifechanging amount of money...)
    My goal is definitely to be a MTT professional somewhere within the near future, but i think i might be playing some SNGs, 6man, 18man, 27man, 45man and the 180man. Trying to grind a roll for bigger MTTs, also moving closer to the MTT gameplay from 27man, 45man, and 180man which is a fine field and the small field 22$-55$ tours are mostly around 100-300 players. I might get some deepstacked small buyin tours grinded before moving for the 22-55$, but yeah that is pretty much my plan overall. Also i want to be playing some more live poker. So with these informations i would love if you had any advices, considering my bankroll.
    With patience you win
    Quote Originally Posted by Carroters View Post
    Glad to hear you've decided against the 80c cash game shot/ You now have 85BIs for these 2c tournaments seems like a solid plan to keep playing these as the payouts will be far greater than freerolls. If you're rolled to speed up your bankroll growing, you may as well go for it.
    Thanks a lot. As ImSavy writes, i do not think i would be playing them as a grind, but more while playing some freeroll or maybe when i got enough to comfortably play 0,10$ and 0,25$ SNGs. With the cashgame i am just not feeling comfortable with it at the moment, but it might change.
    With patience you win
    Quote Originally Posted by ImSavy View Post
    Those 2c 990 man hypers really aren't worth playing imo. Maybe play them whilst you are playing whatever freeroll but I wouldn't ever try to attempt to grind a roll from them.

Personally I'd just take 1BI shots at 2nl as soon as you have like $3 and keep repeating that until you stop busting.
    Yeah playing the 0,02$ while playing freerolls or other micro buyin SNGs, is the best option i think. Maybe once in a while just starting 1, 0,02$ at a time maybe for say 5 of those and if no cashes, then just say to myself, that it was it for the day.

The cashgame trys, i am really not comfortable yet, but i might change my desicion and take a shot at it when i have, as you hint, 3$-5$. But only 1 shot, if i miss i would just keep trying at the freerolls, and maybe 0,10$-0,25$ SNGs.
    With patience you win
    Hey guys. I have had a break from online poker the last week or so, because i had som irl stuff that i had to sort out considering where i am going to live the next couple of months, and my income. Other than that one of my friends decided to call me and ask me if i was interested in playing a sat for WPT Copenhagen, he was going to pay everything. We did agree and i went to Copenhagen and i won the sat, 20 players with 2 seats gtd and allmost money enough for 1 more seat for 3rd. After 5½ hours i won BvsB had KK and while we were talking about a deal so we somehow could make it 3 full seats for the WPT, i just 3x raise his BB bcs i had bigger stack as if i was just stealing, he shoved on me with K10, easy call and win.

So i am participating in WPT Copenhagen the 8th of november and hopefully i can do something nice to my CV in that event. By the way, if anyone have good experience in teaching newbeginners playing an live tour with the buyin amount of 2000$, i would love to get some talk on skype or just private message, on what the most important things to do in such tournaments.

Okay so now to why i decided to post. I have this 1010, and i am playing the 0,10$ 50$ gtd on stars VIP section. Guy limps on MP 2 or 3, i 3,5x it and another villain calls, and the limper calls, now the reason i just check back on the flop is that i didnt want to be the one shoving with 1010 on an Axx flop, if one of the 2 villains had an a, but then it goes check check on turn, and i decide to bet, because i suspect that they appereantly did not have any ace - take a look here and please give me some feedback.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 0.1 Tournament, 75/150 Blinds (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://flopturnriver.com

BB (t7,550)
    UTG (t2,345)
    UTG+1 (t1,865)
    MP1 (t1,350)
    MP2 (t1,415)
    Hero (MP3) (t1,720)
    CO (t535)
    Button (t1,870)
    SB (t2,524)

Hero's M: 7.64

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 10, 10
    3 folds, MP2 calls t150, Hero raises to t525, 1 fold, Button calls t525, 2 folds, MP2 calls t375

Flop: (t1,800) A, 4, 9 (3 players)
    MP2 checks, Hero checks, Button checks

Turn: (t1,800) 2 (3 players)
    MP2 checks, Hero bets t600, Button calls t600, 1 fold

River: (t3,000) 4 (2 players)
    Hero bets t595 (All-In), 1 fold

Total pot: t3,000

Results below:
    Spoiler:

Hero didn't show 10, 10 (two pair, tens and fours).
    With patience you win
    So i have had a break because of a live tournament and something i had to sort out also. But now i am back and ready to try to grind my roll a little up.

I decided to play the smallest stake of PLO today with a buyin of half my stack, and decided if i lost it i would try to build up more with freerolls.

My first hand today was this in PLO:

PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha, $0.02 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

UTG ($0.57)
    MP ($5.97)
    CO ($14.30)
    Sabr1988 (Button) ($0.74)
    SB ($0.72)
    BB ($2.40)

Preflop: Sabr1988 is Button with A, A, 4, 6
    UTG calls $0.02, MP calls $0.02, 1 fold, Sabr1988 raises to $0.11, SB calls $0.10, 1 fold, UTG calls $0.09, MP calls $0.09

Flop: ($0.46) A, 3, J (4 players)
    SB checks, UTG checks, MP checks, Sabr1988 bets $0.18, 1 fold, UTG calls $0.18, MP calls $0.18

Turn: ($1) K (3 players)
    UTG checks, MP checks, Sabr1988 bets $0.45 (All-In), UTG calls $0.28 (All-In), 1 fold

River: ($1.56) 8 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: $1.56 | Rake: $0.05

Results below:
    Spoiler:

Sabr1988 had A, A, 4, 6 (three of a kind, Aces).
    UTG had 10, 9, 3, K (two pair, Kings and threes).
    Outcome: Sabr1988 won $1.51
    With patience you win
    And another hand i played some minutes later:

PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha, $0.02 BB (5 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://flopturnriver.com

MP ($0.59)
    Button ($6.68)
    SB ($13.91)
    Sabr1988 (BB) ($1.44)
    UTG ($2.63)

Preflop: Sabr1988 is BB with 9, A, 6, 5
    UTG calls $0.02, 1 fold, Button calls $0.02, 1 fold, Sabr1988 checks

Flop: ($0.07) 8, 10, A (3 players)
    Sabr1988 checks, UTG checks, Button bets $0.04, Sabr1988 raises to $0.12, UTG calls $0.12, Button calls $0.08

Turn: ($0.43) 8 (3 players)
    Sabr1988 checks, UTG checks, Button bets $0.12, Sabr1988 calls $0.12, 1 fold

River: ($0.67) 7 (2 players)
    Sabr1988 checks, Button bets $0.38, Sabr1988 calls $0.38

Total pot: $1.43 | Rake: $0.05

Results below:
    Spoiler:

Button had 3, J, 8, Q (three of a kind, eights).
    Sabr1988 had 9, A, 6, 5 (straight, ten high).
    Outcome: Sabr1988 won $1.38
    With patience you win
    This hand took me up to 3.95$ at my table, so far i have played for around 20 minutes.

PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha, $0.02 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://flopturnriver.com

MP ($0.94)
    CO ($7.06)
    Button ($13.14)
    Sabr1988 (SB) ($2.45)
    BB ($0.61)
    UTG ($2.43)

Preflop: Sabr1988 is SB with 6, A, J, K
    1 fold, MP raises to $0.07, CO calls $0.07, 1 fold, Sabr1988 calls $0.06, BB calls $0.05

Flop: ($0.28) A, 3, K (4 players)
    Sabr1988 checks, BB checks, MP bets $0.26, CO calls $0.26, Sabr1988 raises to $1.12, 2 folds, CO calls $0.86

Turn: ($2.78) 7 (2 players)
    Sabr1988 bets $1.26 (All-In), 1 fold

Total pot: $2.78 | Rake: $0.09

Results below:
    Spoiler:

Sabr1988 didn't show 6, A, J, K.
    With patience you win
    And this happened a minute later.

PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha, $0.02 BB (5 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://flopturnriver.com

Button ($5.29)
    SB ($14.20)
    Sabr1988 (BB) ($3.95)
    UTG ($0.51)
    MP ($2.12)

Preflop: Sabr1988 is BB with 5, K, 6, 5
    UTG calls $0.02, MP calls $0.02, Button calls $0.02, 1 fold, Sabr1988 checks

Flop: ($0.09) 5, J, 2 (4 players)
    Sabr1988 checks, UTG checks, MP checks, Button bets $0.04, Sabr1988 raises to $0.12, 2 folds, Button raises to $0.45, Sabr1988 calls $0.33

Turn: ($0.99) 9 (2 players)
    Sabr1988 checks, Button bets $0.56, Sabr1988 raises to $2.64, Button raises to $4.82 (All-In), Sabr1988 calls $0.84 (All-In)

River: ($7.95) K (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: $7.95 | Rake: $0.26

Results below:
    Spoiler:

Button had 2, 6, 2, K (three of a kind, twos).
    Sabr1988 had 5, K, 6, 5 (three of a kind, fives).
    Outcome: Sabr1988 won $7.69

I can not really complain about this choice i made by chosing to play 50% of my roll, i knew in advance i had a big edge on those players so was like 80%20% to lose and at worst in a flip where i can never fold, but good for me it did not go that way.
    With patience you win
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabr1988 View Post
    And another hand i played some minutes later:

MP ($0.59)
    Button ($6.68)
    SB ($13.91)
    Sabr1988 (BB) ($1.44)
    UTG ($2.63)

Preflop: Sabr1988 is BB with 9, A, 6, 5
    UTG calls $0.02, 1 fold, Button calls $0.02, 1 fold, Sabr1988 checks

Flop: ($0.07) 8, 10, A (3 players)
    Sabr1988 checks, UTG checks, Button bets $0.04, Sabr1988 raises to $0.12, UTG calls $0.12, Button calls $0.08

Turn: ($0.43) 8 (3 players)
    Sabr1988 checks, UTG checks, Button bets $0.12, Sabr1988 calls $0.12, 1 fold

River: ($0.67) 7 (2 players)
    Sabr1988 checks, Button bets $0.38, Sabr1988 calls $0.38

Total pot: $1.43 | Rake: $0.05

Results below:
    Spoiler:

Button had 3, J, 8, Q (three of a kind, eights).
    Sabr1988 had 9, A, 6, 5 (straight, ten high).
    Outcome: Sabr1988 won $1.38
    not a big PLO player but is this a dodgy river call with a minute bankroll. theres potentially quite a few boats and better straights out there with people playing connected cards like 789 ,89T, 9TJ.
    not a big PLO player but is this a dodgy river call with a minute bankroll. theres potentially quite a few boats and better straights out there with people playing connected cards like 789 ,89T, 9TJ.
    Button have been very active and playing allmost every hand, and on turn i chase the nutflush and the gutshot, while thinking he could have something like 2 pair, also he very rarely bets an 8 on flop, but given his activity he could have hit all or nothing, so having nutfd i decided to call, riverbet looked strong, i was thinking, but this particular time i wanted to see his hand. Also to get a better feeling, but yeah, was very puke-ish call at the river.
    With patience you win
    Btw i took a break since winning that 7,xx$ pot. Now just starting a session again, back from 0,80$, hoping for a same runout..,
    With patience you win
    Decided to play the ZOOM lowest stake with buyin of 1$. Here is some key hands.

PokerStars Zoom Pot-Limit Omaha, $0.02 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com/

Button ($0.85)
    SB ($2.49)
    BB ($3.90)
    UTG ($1.56)
    Sabr1988 (MP) ($2.04)
    CO ($2)

Preflop: Sabr1988 is MP with 9, 2, A, A
    UTG calls $0.02, Sabr1988 raises to $0.09, 1 fold, Button calls $0.09, 2 folds, UTG raises to $0.16, Sabr1988 raises to $0.60, Button calls $0.51, UTG calls $0.44

Flop: ($1.83) 8, 8, Q (3 players)
    UTG bets $0.08, Sabr1988 raises to $1.44 (All-In), Button calls $0.25 (All-In), UTG calls $0.88 (All-In)

Turn: ($4) 2 (3 players, 3 all-in)

River: ($4) 3 (3 players, 3 all-in)

Total pot: $4 | Rake: $0.13

Results below:
    Spoiler:

Button had 10, 9, 9, Q (two pair, Queens and eights).
    UTG had K, 3, J, Q (two pair, Queens and eights).
    Sabr1988 had 9, 2, A, A (two pair, Aces and eights).
    Outcome: Sabr1988 won $3.87

PokerStars Zoom Pot-Limit Omaha, $0.02 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

Button ($2.27)
    Sabr1988 (SB) ($4.35)
    BB ($6.25)
    UTG ($2.66)
    MP ($3.10)
    CO ($9.36)

Preflop: Sabr1988 is SB with 8, 6, 5, 7
    2 folds, CO raises to $0.04, 1 fold, Sabr1988 raises to $0.12, 1 fold, CO calls $0.08

Flop: ($0.26) 8, 5, 4 (2 players)
    Sabr1988 bets $0.10, CO raises to $0.46, Sabr1988 raises to $0.92, CO calls $0.46

Turn: ($2.10) 5 (2 players)
    Sabr1988 checks, CO bets $0.92, Sabr1988 raises to $1.84, 1 fold

Total pot: $3.94 | Rake: $0.13

Results below:
    Spoiler:

Sabr1988 didn't show 8, 6, 5, 7.

PokerStars Zoom Pot-Limit Omaha, $0.02 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com/

Button ($2.48)
    SB ($2.36)
    BB ($0.64)
    UTG ($4.54)
    Sabr1988 (MP) ($6.21)
    CO ($0.94)

Preflop: Sabr1988 is MP with 9, 10, A, 2
    1 fold, Sabr1988 raises to $0.04, 1 fold, Button calls $0.04, SB calls $0.03, 1 fold

Flop: ($0.14) 4, Q, 3 (3 players)
    SB bets $0.14, Sabr1988 raises to $0.34, Button calls $0.34, 1 fold

Turn: ($0.96) 6 (2 players)
    Sabr1988 bets $0.62, Button calls $0.62

River: ($2.20) K (2 players)
    Sabr1988 bets $2.13, 1 fold

Total pot: $2.20 | Rake: $0.07

Results below:
    Spoiler:

Sabr1988 didn't show 9, 10, A, 2 (flush, Ace high).
    With patience you win
    By the way i did join a microtable 0.01/0.02 with 0,80$ but here is how that went. I want to know if i might have played this hand wrong? Considering maybe i should bet the flop, or just do it as i did?

PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha, $0.02 BB (4 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://flopturnriver.com/

BB ($5)
    UTG ($3.42)
    Button ($0.97)
    Sabr1988 (SB) ($0.96)

Preflop: Sabr1988 is SB with 10, Q, 10, J
    UTG calls $0.02, Button calls $0.02, Sabr1988 calls $0.01, BB raises to $0.04, UTG calls $0.02, Button calls $0.02, Sabr1988 calls $0.02

Flop: ($0.16) 10, 4, Q (4 players)
    Sabr1988 checks, BB bets $0.15, UTG calls $0.15, 1 fold, Sabr1988 raises to $0.75, BB calls $0.60, UTG raises to $3.15, Sabr1988 calls $0.17 (All-In), BB raises to $4.96 (All-In), UTG calls $0.23 (All-In)

Turn: ($7.84) 3 (3 players, 3 all-in)

River: ($7.84) 6 (3 players, 3 all-in)

Total pot: $7.84 | Rake: $0.26

Results below:
    Spoiler:

Sabr1988 didn't show 10, Q, 10, J (three of a kind, tens).
    BB had Q, 7, K, Q (three of a kind, Queens).
    UTG didn't show
    Outcome: BB won $7.58
    With patience you win
    Also took a single shot at the 0.02/0.05 PLO with 2$ buyin. Lost it tho ai vs UTG raise with my KK67 hand. He had AAxx^^

Current bankroll is: 11.26$.
    With patience you win
    Did try a 6m PLO Turbo SNG, ended 4th.

PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha, 1.5 Tournament, 25/50 Blinds (4 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com/

UTG (t3,520)
    Button (t3,755)
    Sabr1988 (SB) (t690)
    BB (t1,035)

Sabr1988's M: 9.20

Preflop: Sabr1988 is SB with 5, J, Q, A
    2 folds, Sabr1988 raises to t150, BB raises to t450, Sabr1988 raises to t690 (All-In), BB calls t240

Flop: (t1,380) 5, A, 9 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Turn: (t1,380) K (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: (t1,380) 8 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: t1,380

Results below:
    Spoiler:

Sabr1988 had 5, J, Q, A (two pair, Aces and fives).
    BB had 2, 8, K, K (three of a kind, Kings).
    Outcome: BB won t1,380

Current bankroll: 9,76$
    With patience you win
    hate the min turn check raise when you've got basically the nuts with 5s full of 8s a few posts back.

keep up the building
    Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    hate the min turn check raise when you've got basically the nuts with 5s full of 8s a few posts back.

keep up the building
    Yeah for sure, i also did regret it seconds after i won the pot. But i figured if i call, i still had to bet the river and well yeah he might have called, but i was hoping that he called my minraise on turn given my play on the flop. But i guess he figured i had nuts.

But thanks man, i will do my best. (-:
    With patience you win
    it's a really strong play, and well known for being a strong play
    Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    it's a really strong play, and well known for being a strong play
    Yeah the more i look at the replay the stronger the hand looks lol
    With patience you win
    Man PLO is just a different world!

I had a spree of trying to learn it a few yrs ago, but I was just bluffing waaaay too much with any blocker to the nuts haha. Not good
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay-Z
    I'm a couple hands down and I'm tryin' to get back
    I gave the other grip, I lost a flip for five stacks
    I very rarely bluff with a kicker to the nuts, only when i am in the feeling of that this will work I think i need to bluff a bit more actually, but i am not sure. Then again, i am not trying to make a living by playing PLO, i just want to grind up a roll at these stakes because i know i can crush them, but the variance is sick here obv, so hopefully i can soon start to multitable some small SNGs/MTTs with this loose bankroll managment.

All in all, i love PLO for the joy of all the possibilities
    With patience you win
    I have been playing some more the last couple of hours. Entered a 1.10$ 6-max 10min blinds, went out where i was AI PRE with 33 with 14bbs shoving over a limper only to get called by SB who woke up with QQ. Then i entered a ZOOM PLO lowest stake again, with 1$, built it up to 3$ but then was hit by some sick badbeats and lost it all within 5 hands. I am done for today with poker so thanks for following me and supporting.

Current bankroll: 9,57$
    With patience you win
    Okay i decided to take a shot at the 1$ 6-max turbo MTT, lost it tho ai with 3bbs with 33 vs 7J. Then i decided to tplay two PLO ZOOM 0.01/0.02 with 2$ on each table.

Session started ok, won some, lost some, but then i went on to win a couple bigger pots, and specially this hand gave me a nice boost both in bankroll and in mentality!

PokerStars Zoom Pot-Limit Omaha, $0.02 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://flopturnriver.com/

Sabr1988 (Button) ($5.87)
    SB ($1.49)
    BB ($3.31)
    UTG ($4.27)
    MP ($2.01)
    CO ($2.14)

Preflop: Sabr1988 is Button with 7, J, 10, 9
    2 folds, CO raises to $0.06, Sabr1988 calls $0.06, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.15) 8, 4, J (2 players)
    CO bets $0.10, Sabr1988 raises to $0.26, CO raises to $0.93, Sabr1988 raises to $2.94, CO calls $1.15 (All-In)

Turn: ($4.31) Q (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($4.31) 4 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $4.31 | Rake: $0.14

Results below:
    Spoiler:

Sabr1988 had 7, J, 10, 9 (straight, Queen high).
    CO had A, 10, 5, A (two pair, Aces and fours).
    Outcome: Sabr1988 won $4.17

I will continue to play some more at the same tables and keep you guys updated with some key hands.

Ohh, i just made this fold on my other table:

PokerStars Zoom Pot-Limit Omaha, $0.02 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://flopturnriver.com/

Button ($0.74)
    SB ($0.98)
    Sabr1988 (BB) ($5.28)
    UTG ($2.20)
    MP ($2.34)
    CO ($3.58)

Preflop: Sabr1988 is BB with 3, 4, 8, 4
    1 fold, MP raises to $0.06, CO calls $0.06, 1 fold, SB calls $0.05, Sabr1988 calls $0.04

Flop: ($0.24) 9, 10, 4 (4 players)
    SB bets $0.22, Sabr1988 calls $0.22, 1 fold, CO raises to $1.11, SB calls $0.70 (All-In), Sabr1988 folds

Turn: ($2.30) 8 (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($2.30) 10 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $2.30 | Rake: $0.08

Results below:
    Spoiler:

SB had 7, 7, J, 8 (straight, Jack high).
    CO had 8, 9, 7, 10 (full house, tens over nines).
    Outcome: CO won $2.22
    With patience you win
    I decided to end my session after being on a rollercoaster, first going up, then going down on both tables to only 2$ profit on each, where i was up with nearly 4$ on each before and luckily the variance was with me in the end i ended up with more than 5$ profit on each table, and i am so happy right now for this challenge. It have helped me a lot realise that i do not need to deposit so much as i used to do, but i just have to take my time and not push for succes, and instead focus on building slowly and learning a lot more.

My current bankroll is now on 17.76$
    With patience you win
    Okay so today my plan is to end the day with at least 20$ and stop immediately if i get below 12.50$.

My first choice of play is a 0,55$ Turbo PLO Satellite for the 5.50$ Omania, with the intention of unregistering and getting the 5.50$ tournament money instead. But as i was writing this, i busted with this hand:

PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha, 0.55 Tournament, 50/100 Blinds (8 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://flopturnriver.com

MP1 (t2,980)
    MP2 (t850)
    CO (t1,000)
    Button (t1,780)
    SB (t2,160)
    Sabr1988 (BB) (t1,000)
    UTG (t1,120)
    UTG+1 (t1,870)

Sabr1988's M: 6.67

Preflop: Sabr1988 is BB with Q, 3, 6, 9
    2 folds, MP1 calls t100, 1 fold, CO calls t100, 1 fold, SB calls t50, Sabr1988 checks

Flop: (t400) J, 3, 10 (4 players)
    SB checks, Sabr1988 checks, MP1 bets t100, CO raises to t700, 1 fold, Sabr1988 raises to t900 (All-In), MP1 calls t800, CO calls t200 (All-In)

Turn: (t3,100) 5 (3 players, 2 all-in)

River: (t3,100) 10 (3 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: t3,100

Results below:
    Spoiler:

Sabr1988 had Q, 3, 6, 9 (two pair, tens and threes).
    MP1 had 6, K, J, 10 (full house, tens over Jacks).
    CO had 6, 8, 3, 3 (full house, threes over tens).
    Outcome: MP1 won t3,100

So i decided to open 2 tables of ZOOM PLO 0.01/0.02, with 2$ roll on each, and keep playing untill i reach my limit, or if i bust on both tables.

I will come up with some key hands to get some feedback. Tilt hands may happen but i do not know if those are worth posting when the problem is just tilt because the variance is so big in PLO. But at least i will do my best to not make any mistakes.

Current bankroll: 17.21$
    With patience you win
    Currently i am playing the 1.35$ KO(0.25$ for each KO) with 3KO's, but just busted with AQ vs AK ai pre.

Also took a shot at the 2.20 PLO HI/LO but lost with 2nd nut lo with nut fd on flop, he put me ai on turn. Had no reads on the guy, just that he had a big stack.

Current bankroll: 15.07$
    With patience you win
    I am going to take a last shot for today, playing the 2.20$ 8-Game starting in 7 minutes.

Nick on Stars : Sabr1988
    With patience you win
    Mehhh ended 24/51.

Current bankroll: 12.87$
    With patience you win
    Half an hour later i actually really wanted to play the ZOOM PLO. I decided to just start with 1$ and decided to try a NLHE 0.01/0.02 with 1$ also. I lost on the NLHE, but was ul with flopping set of jacks on xAJ board, flop was check check, turn i bet he calls, river K, i bet he shoves, i cant fold it really had only around 0.60$ behind he had KK.
    So i gave it another try given that i was up to 3$ on my PLO ZOOM table, so in all i was 1$ up. The session tho, was my best session in this "From Zero To Hero" project.
    The cards were with me and i generally made some very nice moves and i just ended my session with my bankroll sitting on whooping >>>22.42$<<<

So my question is now: what would you guys suggest that i buyin with and which limits? I mean i obviously have an edge in PLO ZOOM, love the fast change of table and love that so many low level players, it is really good value. But should i still buyin with 1$ or should i move up a limit and then buyin for the minimum there. Should i 2-table or just single table at 0.02/0.05? I would love some good ideas.
    Also i want to say that yeah today and yesterday i did in all 2x 2.20$ tournaments, and lost both, obviously it seem to much to buyin with 1/5 of the roll or so. But from now on i want to try to focus on being more structured and follow some plan of some kind, instead of just choose spontaniously.
    With patience you win
    gl bud wish u the best. Been great getting to know you
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewj50050 View Post
    gl bud wish u the best. Been great getting to know you
    Ty mate, and same with you bro. We will catch up some time, i promise. Just you wait and see!
    With patience you win
    Okay today i have played quit some games. Tournaments: 1.35$ Turbo ko, 1,10$ turbo 6-max, 2.20$ Quintouple 4-max - lost them all.
    Then i decided to play some PLO ZOOM 0.02/0.05, buyin 2,50$ but that was not the best session of my life.

20.36$ is my current bankroll - tomorrow i might go back for the 0.01/0.02 PLO ZOOM and grind out with buyin 2$. 2-tabling btw.
    With patience you win
    stay strong