Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Blogs and Operations

Gametight aka sucout goes 6max

Default Gametight aka sucout goes 6max

2009 is over along with me mass tabling full ring for a while. Im basically over auto-piloting and I want to actually improve as a poker player and move up. Ill most likely be getting a coach very soon to help with the transition.

At the moment Im comfortably rolled for 200nl but Im going to get a decent sample at 100nl before I move up. Then I hope to be a bit more aggressive with moving up stakes.

Ill be posting updates with hands and stats hopefully weekly... and definitely monthly.

Feel free to comment and support.... although this operation is mainly for me to stay focus and record results.

and good luck at the tables in 2010!
    Had a good, quick session today 6 tabling. Ill most likely switch back and forth between 4 and 6 tabling to see which I like more.

Obviously ran good even though KK<JJ aip.

good luck. just another reg I can't 3bet anymore

Check out my videos at Grinderschool.com

More Full Ring NLHE Cash videos than ANY other poker training site. Training starts at $10/month.
    I believe we tangled a bit at 100nl FR

good luck with this, without the mass tabling you could probably go beyond mid stakes imo.
    This is gonna be interesting.

Go get em, killer!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigred View Post
    xtr stand for exotic tranny retards
    yo
    This is gonna be a secksy blog. I'll keep a watch on it. Not sure if I have you on MSN/AIM anymore. I've just started back after about a 1.5 month long break from poker, and would love to do some session reviews like we used to.
    I run gooooooood!

would love to see your showdown lines too when posting graphs. I am very interested in how people are winning, not just the green line

Keep up the nice run.
    $100 says his red line is +
    Had a decent day today

I think Im gonna stick with 6 tabling... I dont think I really loose any focus compared to 4.

My redline actually really sucked when I first began this month ( although I was still winning) Now it seems to be getting better every session. I credit this to playing better and getting some really good pointers from my coach.

Just realized that I dont have the 7500 VPPs this month to keep supernova at Stars ( ya Ive been slackin a bit this month). So I decided I should 20 table some 200nl FR. Played a little over 4k hands in a couple nice sessions.

I feel like Im playing pretty well so Im going to move up to 200nl for good now. Im going to continue playing 6max except for this weekend. I still need about 6k hands or so at 200 to get all the VPPs I need.

Hola
    <---- jealoussssssssss

Who r you getting coaching from btw?
    didnt play any more since last update

Month tot.

Plz tell me you retained your SN status!
    Well, you get to miss one month... so no more slacking the rest of the year! Just more motivation to put in hands now.
    Quick update:

Ive been playing 1/2 6max exclusively this month with great results over a small sample...

Heater obviously.

Obv my redline still sucks. Im not totally sure what to think about it.... i guess it could just be a style thing. Ill continue to work at it though. Looking back at it now I guess it does seem to be getting slightly better after the initial move up to 200nl. If anyone has any tips/articles/info that has helped them out with this in the past, let me know!

And like always... I need to put in more hours!

Peace
    After a great start to the month, Ive been downswonging pretty hard

I feel like Im getting coolered a ton... but because Im not totally used to 6max Im really not sure whats up.

Not sure what Ill do next... I may move down to 100nl til Im feeling good about my game again.... or I may just stick with it and go for the comeback.

Some stats, redline, blueline may help. Show us some positional stuff and your att. steal and success rates.

I'll be really interested to see what people say since my redline looks exactly like yours albeit at lower stakes. One thing I did notice is that your CO winnings are almost 3x what your button winnings are and if you look at the stats you see that the AG is almost a full point higher than in the button. Are you maybe playing a few too many marginal hands in the button? Also your 3bet stat is a full 7% lower, again, maybe 3betting a bit too light? Again 4bet, 2% lower in the CO which actually seems more reasonable but still a fairly big gap when you calculate how many more hands that includes. Finally, out of all positions, your river aggression is lowest in the CO where your winnings are the highest. Looks to me like you are maybe bluffing less with your more marginal hands especially since your W$SD is 10% higher than any other position but the blinds. That's a pretty big gap imo especially for the button.

Of course, I could be totally wrong since I'm not that experienced but those are just a few things that popped out to me.
    [00:29] <daven> dc, why not check turn behind
    [00:30] <DC> daven
    [00:30] <DC> on my hand?
    [00:30] <daven> yep
    [00:30] <DC> because I am drunk
    [00:30] <daven> nice reason
    [00:30] <daven> no further questions
    [00:30] <yaawn> ^^Lol

Problem officer...?
    Short answer is your giving up a ton of value/pots somewhere. I am the opposite of you with my Showdowns percentage closer to 30% and I still win 50+% of showdowns, although that should come down some. I think you need to remember that it's 6m and the hands will typically be weaker at showdown. Your aggression looks good so i would just worry more about the pot control vs slow players and seeing some more showdowns. Your redline could be a lot closer to even if not slowly dropping. Your putting in quite a bit of money and folding. I just can't tell where the money is being lost. It may be that your bet/folding a ton on later streets when the bets are bigger.
    Just a few observations/thoughts and I can't vouch for their validity but just things I noted when looking at your stats. I also play lower stakes than you.

I cbet the flop less than you but cbet the turn more (over 25% more often). The biggest argument for this working is when we check back the flop in position and villain checks for the second time, we can bet and anticipate folds. Out of position, if villain elects to check back the flop we can fire the turn with the information we've gained. Cbetting nearly 3/4 the time like you do (this seems high to me but I couldn't google anything conclusive) is surely inviting floats and generally people are less comfortable/capable with their later streets play, especially in pots bloated by cbetting with weak hands, so you're probably making life harder for yourself. By shifting some of your flop cbets to turn cbets it would make later streets easier and cheaper to play. If it's the case that you're firing nearly 75% of flops but giving up a lot of turns, your red line will suffer. Worse still, anyone paying attention will begin to notice and the flop floats will increase. It's a vicious circle.

I'd honestly really like to know what other peoples flop and turn cbet %s are.

I guess you could include this in the above, but your turn and river agg% factors are lower than mine. So it may well be you're conceding a lot of hands in bloated pots because of your cbet %? Is this a full ring relic?

How often do you lead turn/fire turn+river vs a PFR who checked back the flop? What about 3way pots, PFR is last to act and checks back flop, you're second to act on turn and checked to, having seen the other player check 1st two streets and the PFR not cbet, would you fire here? And how wide? And the river to make your hand look convincing?

How well do you think you play in 3bet pots, as the pfr and as the caller, without hands that are obvious how to play for value like AA or disguised 2 pairs? Are you comfortable?

Sample size I know, but your river call efficiency could do with comparison against other peoples. Another side effect of firing the flop which is the most floated street and then giving up the turn is when a fish leads into you small on the river, you can talk yourself into making a small hero call since they didn't bet big, they're probably bluffing cuz you checked, yadda yadda. Then your AK loses to their bottom pair that they don't know if they're betting or bluffing. It also puts you into a spot to level yourself into calling vs regs when bet/folding the turn may be more ideal. Increasing your turn agg% may shift villains off those kind of hands, and betting more rivers is good for image and thin value.

As Jyms said, it looks like you're losing most of your money on later streets, probably through lack of aggression and not valuebetting enough. So you're not only missing out on value but you're setting yourself up to be bet out of hands or make bad calls.

It would be interesting to see some stats from other people to review against your bb and sb positional stats too.

Hope some of this is useful to you.
    Last edited by Dex; 02-26-2010 at 07:22 PM.
    Actually, after looking at your graph again, you seemed to be slowly reducing the downward direction of your red line.

So looking at your showdown winnings for a moment, and what I've mentioned above, there's a good chance you're showing down too many marginal holdings because you're putting yourself in positions where you're not betting people off hands with more showdown value than yours that would be folded to more aggression, which leads to checking down worse hands more often or making bad river calls because you took a more passive line and expect to get bluffed more often. If you're in doubt, betting is generally better than calling.
    Yea, it's not showdown pots for sure. Having a WTSD% of 22 means he's folding far too much obviously. SBrugby mentioned in one of his vids he only wins between 45 and 48% at showdown but he's winning the big pots and when he loses at showdown they are smaller pots. The WWSF% is fine and usually when someone wins that often they don't have a dropping redline. Between winning big pots at showdown adn losing small ones, you need to be winning without showdown or not putting in much money. I think it's a style difference and you just need to figure out what is different about 6m. I think the reason you started to drop after a great start is your aggression and tightness was winning hands when nobody knew you, but now they have notes and have played a few hands and know your tight and not showing down so floating and being aggressive on turns with draws is getting you to let go of hands.

I think you could open more buttons too. You should be really watching position, tighten up earlier and loosen up later.
    Last edited by jyms; 02-26-2010 at 07:43 PM.
    So Feb. started well and ended up pretty crappy

Thankfully I cleared a $1500 fpp bonus so the month wasnt a total loss.... I do think I ran pretty bad but my redline is a bit disturbing.
    Im planning on putting in some volume this month and already Im off to a solid start

It looks like my redline is getting a little better and Im definitely feeling more comfortable at the tables/ with my opponents ranges.

Aiming to put up at least 50k hands this month if not more...

Hollaaaa