UTG+1 ($5,580)
    UTG+2 ($3,190)
    MP1 ($4,235)
    CO ($8,460)
    BTN ($2,100)

Dealt to Hero 5 6

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, SB raises to $4,500 (AI), fold

SB wins $4,480

so we are calling 3060 into a total of 10200 so for chip ev we need 30% and icm really is not that awful so based upon that this is likely a call. SB was an unknown before this game and is likely shoving in the 40-70% of hands. We are 35% vs 50% of hands, 36% vs 70% and 40% vs atc.

These pay 6 spots @
    1. 36% 2. 23% 3. 16.5% 4. 11.5% 5. 8% 6. 5%
    and I figured I could keep a stack and apply pressure since short stacks do generally fold a ton trying to get itm even though payout is quite top heavy.

I dunno, discuss stack utility in general or call me a nit.
    is it the ft?

I'm assuming it is, so I think fold is fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Fnord View Post
    Why poker fucks with our heads: it's the master that beats you for bringing in the paper, then gives you a milkbone for peeing on the carpet.

blog: http://donkeybrainspoker.com/

Watch me stream $200 hyper HU and $100 Spins on Twitch!
    Seems like an easy fold, we're never getting it in ahead and we're going to get a ton of free money by just folding given the other stacks and maintaining our own
    Quote Originally Posted by donkbee View Post
    is it the ft?

I'm assuming it is, so I think fold is fine
    Yea it is. I assume icm says this will be a call or very close. But yea I fold unless I know they are a reg shoving wide in these spots just wanted to double check. Thanks.
    The only time I think calling is acceptable here is if you're a big reg vs another big reg and you want to discourage him shoving ATC on you in this spot in the future, you can call off super wide, basically costing both of you money (but costing him clearly more), so he folds to you more often in future games.

In 99% of cases I would fold.
    Quote Originally Posted by soupie
    That is the beauty of poker, it doesnt matter how they play, you can always devise the perfect defense and counterpunch hard.
    My opinion in this spot is fold. If you call and lost you lost the opportunity to put some pressure in the bubble to your opponents in the next positions so it´s fold. Matematically i don´t do the counts but i think it´s also fold...