Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumTournament Poker

Whats my flop play?

Default Whats my flop play?

PokerStars Game #19462142815: Tournament #99190327, $50+$5 Hold'em No Limit - Level V (75/150) - 2008/08/08 - 16:10:28 (ET)
    Table '99190327 170' 9-max Seat #5 is the button
    Seat 1: tunnny (4320 in chips)
    Seat 2: jaeh00d (2185 in chips)
    Seat 3: PolyBaller22 (4170 in chips)
    Seat 4: sepp82 (3545 in chips)
    Seat 5: mixiderm (4830 in chips)
    Seat 6: Onkel (4090 in chips)
    Seat 7: reidak (3100 in chips)
    Seat 8: dcatcher (3225 in chips)
    Seat 9: Hornet_sting (5995 in chips)
    Onkel: posts small blind 75
    reidak: posts big blind 150
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to reidak [Kh Kd]
    dcatcher: folds
    Hornet_sting: folds
    tunnny: folds
    jaeh00d: folds
    PolyBaller22: folds
    sepp82: folds
    mixiderm: raises 300 to 450
    Onkel: folds
    reidak: raises 550 to 1000
    mixiderm: calls 550
    *** FLOP *** [3s Th 4d]

My preflop 3bet was 1/3 my stack and it left me with 95% of a pot sized bet on the flop. Villan is unknown and came to the table just recently.

I'm not worried about being behind here. To maximize value should I be check/raising all in (with stack sizes, even if he half pots and i shove hes getting 4:1), check/calling all in, or just shoving in for the pot size.

My guess about what i should do would be read dependant, but since I don't have one I guess its just what gets me more chips in the pot vs. the avg guy.

My thinking was: if i shove i dont let AK, AQ type hands to make a bluff, but if my opponent has a hand here like 99, KT, JJ-KK (I don't know how loose he is in calling 3bets from the BB) he might think I have 3bet a couple unpaired high cards preflop and making this bet gives me the best chance of taking it down.

I can check here because there aren't any realistic draws, and really if im ahead on the flop he likely only has two outs to hit a set (Doubt a Tx hand is here so he won't be drawing to two pair - 5 outs), or three outs if he has Ax

Anyways, at the end of the day I think its super close between checking and just betting.
    I shove because he can put you on AK and he may get scared away on the turn. If you had cold called pre I could see checking here, it just seems too weird to check this board after 3 betting.
    with your super small reraise pre you played the hand dying to get action, and you got it. I think you continue with that approach so you either weaklead or check.
    http://chardrian.blogspot.com
    come check out my training videos at pokerpwnage.com
    Agree w chardrian, check shove or lead for like 400-600
    I would lead weak like char said in the hopes of repping AK so my opp can shove over. Too many times ppl 3bet pre and weak lead AK when they miss the board so you're representing it perfectly. A check seems out of the question considering the weak 3bet which seems to denote strength and checking the flop just makes it seem way too sketchy. Easy to convince themselves you have a monster and they check behind unless they're on a lower overpair.