Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumWins and Fails

Just make me feel better - bubble

Default Just make me feel better - bubble

2 things recently, and I know variance is harsh but...

1) Shoving on the bubble and running into monsters. Not a donk calling u with shit and hitting but like shoving a decent ace from SB into BB and running into say AQ or even JJ and running into QQ. What gets me is u can be card dead in an MTT for hours so what are the odds of me running into a monster 4 handed? It gets u down a bit

2) Shortstack having 9 lives and the first time I get short and push - out. last night AKs got beat by 104o He was chip leader so cant complain but still.

Just wanted to know if it happens to other ppl a lot. I've smashed about 3 mouses in the last few weeks...!
    EYE SWEAR TO FUKCING GAWD HOW DOES THE BB ZOMG ALWAYS HAS TEH FUKCING AK!! MOTHERFRAKKER
    Playing big pots at small stakes.
    Just shoved from SB with JQ short - he had aces. bubbled about 18 out of my last 20

Gotta keep ur head up I know but it's hard to keep making the right +EV play when u r scared of, and do run into - monsters.
    yep i know what your feeling and i have wanted to smash my computer many times, i have been break even (actually down a bit) for over 300 games probably variance + bad play, but happens to everyone. whenever you think you've went through the worse downswing and you could never run that bad again, you'll eventually run worse, so get use to it .
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpine021 View Post

What gets me is u can be card dead in an MTT for hours so what are the odds of me running into a monster 4 handed?
    answer in white

The same as when you've been running really good.

From SNGs, we have a whole forum for this, use it.