Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Community

Randomness thread, part two.

Page 132 of 420 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134142182232 ... LastLast
Results 9,826 to 9,900 of 31490
    jesus fuck. what happened to just salt?
    Quote Originally Posted by bikes View Post
    jesus fuck. what happened to just salt?
    I will destroy you with sunshine and kittens.
    I can think of 4 consumables off the top of my head that I strongly dislike.

olives, pickles, jagermeister, and mayonnaise

Not together of course. Although the 4 together might actually be better than any one by itself.
    I've been rocking sriracha and fries for a while now.
    Congratulations, you've won your dick's weight in sweets! Decode the message in the above post to find out how to claim your tic-tac
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukie View Post
    I can think of 4 consumables off the top of my head that I strongly dislike.

olives, pickles, jagermeister, and mayonnaise

Not together of course. Although the 4 together might actually be better than any one by itself.
    I'm with you on all of those 'cept pickles. I like pickles. Especially home-made dill pickles.
    It might just be the pickles that I've had. I like cucumbers and I like other brined foods. Just never really thought pickles added much to sandwiches or burgers and often detracted from them.

Olives I just don't like the flavor of, jager is gag worthy, and mayo isn't all that pleasant either and if I'm going to be eating something with cheap vegetable oil, preservatives etc. it better taste really good.

just my opinion of course
    a little town called none of your goddamn business
    Holy shit that guy is hilarious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Renton View Post
    Holy shit that guy is hilarious.
    Ya he's good. I think Louis CK recently said this guy was his favorite comedian in his recent ama.

Quote Originally Posted by sauce123
    I don't get why you insist on stacking off with like jack high all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by jyms View Post
    My newest discovery and absolutely horrible treat, fries with mayo and sriracha
    mayo + sriracha = "spicy mayo" used in sushi rolls

I've liked ketchup + (lots of) pepper for a long time. My brother just told me he learned about ketchup + sriracha, I haven't had a chance to try that one yet.
    I got this spicy smoked paprika and maplewood smoked salt form a boutique tea and spice shop a while back. Fry some potatoes + sprinkle some of that salt and paprika + srirachi aioli is pretty much awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by NightGizmo View Post
    mayo + sriracha = "spicy mayo" used in sushi rolls

I've liked ketchup + (lots of) pepper for a long time. My brother just told me he learned about ketchup + sriracha, I haven't had a chance to try that one yet.
    this is interesting because I have always liked spicy mayo with sushi, and figured due to etymology figured there was probably mayo or something very similar in it, but I still don't like regular mayo on sandwiches for example

we call this a paradox
    When making coffee or w/e I can only stir in an anti-clockwise direction with my right hand and clockwork with my left. I mean I can do the other way but not very well and it feels weird.
    I'm the king of bongo, baby I'm the king of bongo bong.
    Actually, now I've practised stirring backwards I've realised I've far more versatile with my left hand in spite of being right handed.
    It might just be the pickles that I've had. I like cucumbers and I like other brined foods. Just never really thought pickles added much to sandwiches or burgers and often detracted from them.

Olives I just don't like the flavor of, jager is gag worthy, and mayo isn't all that pleasant either and if I'm going to be eating something with cheap vegetable oil, preservatives etc. it better taste really good.

just my opinion of course
    I agree - I'm just a huge fan of dill-pickles, so, when I eat a sandwich or burger, I want pickles. All the pickles.

I don't eat salad dressing on my salad, just a tad of salt.

I have tried olives. I do not like them. I knew someone that could probably eat a whole jar by themselves in one sitting. It perplexed me.

Mayo - well, it smells and looks gross. Recently, because I was told I "wouldn't" do something, I tried a deviled egg. I was surprised, I loved it. But, it was made with the yolk, mayo, and dill-pickle juice, oh, and some pepper. It was amazing. I felt really gross for eating something with mayo in it, and didn't want to eat anymore, but, dear god they were good, so I made my own, and had about 8-9 deviled eggs. It made me hate myself a little. Being from the souf, mayo is one of those things that people look at you kinda' funny if you don't like it. But, then again, people look at you funny if you do a lot of smart things, soooo, no biggie.

Oh - I also don't like tomatoes by themselves. I can eat them with homemade salsa, but, not by themselves, or on a sandwich, or a burger, or anything else other than salsa. And ketchup. Or pizza sauce. Oh, or marinara sauce. So basically homemade salsa and anything processed tomatoish, just, not anything else.

I've never had jager. If it's beer - I won't like it.
    things that suck that everyone else really enjoys.

avacados.
    nutella.
    mayo.
    Quote Originally Posted by bikes View Post
    things that suck that everyone else really enjoys.

avacados.
    Yes

nutella.
    Never had

mayo.
    Ranch is better
    Lol, I've actually made cheesecakes with avocado. I also make kick ass guacamole.
    The thing about avocado is that it needs something else. If you don't know what you're doing and just plop it on any ol salad, it can be problematic
    I eat avocados almost daily. Cut in half with some season salt.
    “Right thoughts produce right actions and right actions produce work which will be a material reflection for others to see of the serenity at the center of it all”

Put hero on a goddamn range part II- The 6max years

Quote Originally Posted by d0zer View Post
    start using your brain more and vagina less

Quote Originally Posted by kingnat View Post
    Members who's signature is a humorous quote about his/herself made by someone who is considered a notable member of the FTR community to give themselves a sense of belonging.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    The thing about avocado is that it needs something else. If you don't know what you're doing and just plop it on any ol salad, it can be problematic
    it goes so well with fucking anything. chicken, salad, eggs, tacos, rice, veges.. whatevs. but yeah i don't really enjoy them by themselves.
    Wow that this actually exists and I've never been aware of it. It's known as the door to hell.

http://www.amusingplanet.com/2011/06...crater-in.html
    Very cool, rong
    so...
    yeah
    I saw hannibal burress once in the basement of a bar in nyc. It's where a lot of comics went to try new stuff. There was an audience of like 7 people, including myself. I sat near Pete Holmes who went on next. It was awesome...
    LOL OPERATIONS
    Franz Ferdinand makes you gay if you listen to it, right?
    Not that there's anything wrong with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by rong View Post
    Wow that this actually exists and I've never been aware of it. It's known as the door to hell.

http://www.amusingplanet.com/2011/06...crater-in.html
    That link says that the gas supply is "near infinite." We should spend the next 150 posts discussing whether this phrase makes sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigred View Post
    I saw hannibal burress once in the basement of a bar in nyc. It's where a lot of comics went to try new stuff. There was an audience of like 7 people, including myself. I sat near Pete Holmes who went on next. It was awesome...
    There was a while there were Boog and I were hitting up the Comedy Cellar semi-regularly and it was kinda like this (though not quite that small...maybe more like 15-20 people).

This was right around when the first few episodes of Louie were airing, and I'm not sure if we just lucked out the first few times we went, or if that show made that place blow up, but it became more-and-more of a $30 cover, line around the door type place every time we went.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luco View Post
    Yep
    Now that tax season is over... BURN THE WITCH!
    <a href=http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png target=_blank>http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png</a>
    Quote Originally Posted by BennyLaRue View Post
    Not that there's anything wrong with that.
    And not that there's so much right with that.
    <a href=http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png target=_blank>http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png</a>
    Quote Originally Posted by surviva316 View Post
    That link says that the gas supply is "near infinite." We should spend the next 150 posts discussing whether this phrase makes sense.
    Well, maybe it is infinite, but it's a smaller infinite than some other so he figured nearly was sufficient for descriptive purposes.
    The whole article sucks. The crater is real cool and all but the article almost blows it
    Congratulations, you've won your dick's weight in sweets! Decode the message in the above post to find out how to claim your tic-tac
    It's a giant crater of fire known as the door to hell. Nothing could make it suck.
    It's a giant crater of fire known as the door to hell. Nothing could make it suck.
    I think I'm supposed to turn this into a sexual reference, possibly involving your wife or partner and implying your lack of oral action.

meh, nice crater, poor article.
    Cool pics though. A
    Yeah it's going on teh bucket list. Thanks
    Fun poker-related trivia fact for the day:
    You are more likely to get a full house while playing poker than click on a banner ad. (Source: Solve Media)

I just had to share this.
    In other news, the sky is blue (except in Cleveland.)
    Quote Originally Posted by agnesamurphy View Post
    Fun poker-related trivia fact for the day:
    You are more likely to get a full house while playing poker than click on a banner ad. (Source: Solve Media)

I just had to share this.
    In which game of poker? I imagine there are different odds, seeing as how you get dealt different numbers of cards...
    Quote Originally Posted by surviva316 View Post
    In which game of poker? I imagine there are different odds, seeing as how you get dealt different numbers of cards...
    I presumed Hold 'Em, but that is a good point.

However, I would be willing to be that no matter the game of poker, you are still more likely to get a full house (again, presuming by the end of the hand, not on the flop or the first draw or anything) than you are to click a banner ad.

I am also willing to be that we all remember the last time we had a full house, but not the last time we voluntarily clicked a banner ad.
    Huh?
    you don't click on banners? your loss. my 14 ipads are being delivered this week
    so, i measured myself the other day, and, i'm wearing the wrong bra-size. idk how this happened, seeing as how I was once upon a time a 32-34a, then when i got all fat cause of meds and not taking care of myself, i was a 36c.

i'm a 32d. what. the. literal. fuck. so now i have to find reasonable priced bras, which, apparently is difficult when you have a weird bra size.

no, not posting boobs, i'm just fucking perplexed at the reality of shit.

oh and i'm 107lbs now, and have a 27 inch waist, wtf?!

no meds + eating healthier + meditation = happier and healthier chelle!

in other news - i watched how to train your dragon earlier. oh god i had feels.

in other-other news, i'm learning car stuffs. a week ago i changed the engine air filter, i didn't even know that shit existed. soon i'mma be changing spark-plugs and spark-plug wires. fuuuuuuck yeah learnin' shit that is important to learn!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    you don't click on banners? your loss. my 14 ipads are being delivered this week
    Did you provide your card details as security to allow them to deliver?

Lol, someone I know put his gamertag and password into some 3rd party website this week on the promise of free Microsoft points. I don't think it will end well.
    Yeah but it's fine because they promised that they wouldn't use my details for anything bad
    oh mang....

Apparently they didn't even START filming for about 15 minutes
    There were a couple of parts of the video where I legitimately questioned if they were speaking English.
    I thank the movie 'Snatch' for allowing me to understand some of what they were saying.
    I thought someone had videotaped me parking for the first few seconds there.
    I thank the movie 'Snatch' for allowing me to understand some of what they were saying.
    zey germans!
    Was that movie received well in the US?
    would be perfect if the car was periwinkle blue, boss
    I think so, but I guess I'm not sure. I watched it like fifteen times when it came out
    I have friends who sound like the dude in the video. Belfast accent I think. After about 6 pints its a nightmare to understand them.
    This is why Hollywood is stupid and I've always been more afraid of knives than guns

I'm pretty shit scared of both.
    Wuf, are you saying knife wielders never mishandle their weapon? Surely the risk of disarming an improperly handled knife is less than that of an improperly handled gun >.>
    gotta be a fake or unloaded gun right? he doesn't even try to maintain control, just bolts as soon as the guy goes for it. or I guess he was just threatening with no intention to follow through
    I had never heard of it until a few weeks ago when I borrowed it from a friend. Great movie IMO

As for overall reception I defer to the wiki page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snatch_(film)

Snatch was largely successful, both in critical acclaim and at the box office, and has gone on to develop a devoted cult following. From an estimated budget of $3,000,000 (according to the Director's Commentary), the movie grossed a total of £12,137,698 in the United Kingdom and $30,093,107 in the United States.[3] Rotten Tomatoes lists Snatch as having 73% of the reviews (133 reviews listed in total) as being "fresh" (positive).[4]
    Snatch also appears on Empire magazine's 2008 list of the 500 greatest movies of all time at number 466.[5]
    While the film received mostly positive reviews, several reviewers commented negatively on perceived similarities in plot, character, setting, theme and style between Snatch and Ritchie's previous work, Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels. In his review, Roger Ebert, who gave the film two out of four stars, raised the question of "What am I to say of 'Snatch', Ritchie's new film, which follows the 'Lock, Stock' formula so slavishly it could be like a new arrangement of the same song?",[6] and writing in the New York Times Elvis Mitchell commented that "Mr. Ritchie seems to be stepping backward when he should be moving ahead".[7] Critics also argued that the movie was lacking in depth and substance; many reviewers appeared to agree with Ebert's comment that "the movie is not boring, but it doesn't build and it doesn't arrive anywhere".[6] Movie Room Reviews gave the movie four stars and said "there is no movie quite like it".[8]
    This is why Hollywood is stupid and I've always been more afraid of knives than guns

You should never underestimate the predictablity of stupidity.
    Snatch is an incred film
    Quote Originally Posted by JKDS View Post
    Wuf, are you saying knife wielders never mishandle their weapon? Surely the risk of disarming an improperly handled knife is less than that of an improperly handled gun >.>
    At that range, my guess is disarming somebody with a gun has substantially higher success rate, and not too much higher risk if at all.

A penetrating slice by a knife will still kill you rather easily. Disarming a knife is many times harder than a gun because you can't grab it. A gun without great aim isn't going to kill you any faster than a knife.

When you try to divert a gun muzzle from a guy within clinch range, you can be upon him before his brain is able to signal his muscles, but doing the same with a knife-wielder will just get you cut. The larger the gun the better

I'd be infinitely more scared of a knife to my chest than a gun. I wouldn't even try to disarm the the knife, but would have no problem getting on the gun before the assailant's delayed reaction time can respond
    Ya, but this guy in particular understood next to nothing about being disarmed. A knife user with a similar fault is still less dangerous.

Ya, a knife in your chest is scarier than a gun barrel. Ill give you that. But it takes a special kind of person to take a ranged weapon and bring into close combat.

There is almost a zero% chance this guy doesn't lose his head if that thing had shells in it. Shotgun, at close range with a finger on the trigger. It doesn't take much flinch to make that thing go off.
    “Right thoughts produce right actions and right actions produce work which will be a material reflection for others to see of the serenity at the center of it all”

Members who's signature is a humorous quote about his/herself made by someone who is considered a notable member of the FTR community to give themselves a sense of belonging.
    Quote Originally Posted by supa View Post
    There is almost a zero% chance this guy doesn't lose his head if that thing had shells in it. Shotgun, at close range with a finger on the trigger. It doesn't take much flinch to make that thing go off.
    thats why you move your head off line
    Quote Originally Posted by JKDS View Post
    Ya, but this guy in particular understood next to nothing about being disarmed. A knife user with a similar fault is still less dangerous.

Ya, a knife in your chest is scarier than a gun barrel. Ill give you that. But it takes a special kind of person to take a ranged weapon and bring into close combat.
    its not even in the chest that's scary, but any significant cut. knife-wielders can kill you soooooooooooooooooooooooo easily. just a few seconds of slashing and you're sliced enough that you're going to bleed out without immediate medical attention. and thats not even accounting for shock
    moral of teh story: dont pull a gun on teh wuginator
    It's silly to ever stand that close to a victim if you have a gun though.
    thats why you move your head off line
    That's plain fucking silly. Anybody with the intent of using the weapon is firing at any motion, especially that close. Most people not intending to use the weapon will fire accidentally as a reaction to the motion. It's just a -ev in life thing to do.

That's plain fucking silly. Anybody with the intent of using the weapon is firing at any motion, especially that close. Most people not intending to use the weapon will fire accidentally as a reaction to the motion. It's just a -ev in life thing to do.
    You can argue that it's -ev, but you can't argue against physiology. Reaction time is always delayed. This is why cars are supposed to follow behind other cars no closer than a certain distance. Humans have really shitty reaction times. Reaction time in this scenario will generally be close to a second, but under a second, and that's more than enough time to do some quick, preemptive body movements.

Anyways, watch the gif closely and you'll see that the assailant's body didn't react to the victim's movement until after the gun was pointing at the ground.
    Meh.