Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Community

Randomness thread, part two.

Page 122 of 420 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132172222 ... LastLast
Results 9,076 to 9,150 of 31490
    Quote Originally Posted by NightGizmo View Post
    Not true. I know someone that got a ticket in Missouri. She ignored the letters to pay the ticket. About a year later, she was pulled over in Illinois, where she lived. When the cop ran her license, she found out that Illinois suspended her license because of it. I had to go bail her out.

I think it depends on the state -- some states share that information, others don't talk at all.
    ya, ya, I should have been more specific, but this is why I said cross country. Afaik pretty much all states that share borders, share license info. Either way, this wasn't really honest advice. Who knows when something like this will come back to bite you in the ass. Thirty years from now on a family road trip, and you get pulled over and little Timmy has to see daddy put in cuffs and hauled off in the back of a squad car, all because you refused to pay a minor traffic ticket forever ago.
    I'm pretty sure after a while most states sell your debt to a collection agency which won't be restricted by borders. I know someone in Canada that got a ticket in the states then just didn't pay it because he assumed it wouldn't catch up to him. Years later the agency found him and charged him the ticket amount plus interest.

Quote Originally Posted by sauce123
    I don't get why you insist on stacking off with like jack high all the time.
    "
    POKERSTARS TO AWARD UP TO $1 MILLION IN CASH
    PRIZES DURING 90-BILLIONTH HAND PROMOTION"

Hey FTR e-mail list,

Shut your stupid mouth!

<3,
    DSC
    I found this pretty craze:

US population: 0.314 billion
    World population: 7.056 billion
    Roughly 4.5% of the world's citizens are US citizens.

US prison inmates: 2.3 million
    World prison inmates: no less than 9.25 million (under-reporting by totalitarian regimes is common)
    Roughly 25% of the world's prison inmates are Americans in American prisons.
    gross. we suck.
    Quote Originally Posted by surviva316 View Post
    "
    POKERSTARS TO AWARD UP TO $1 MILLION IN CASH
    PRIZES DURING 90-BILLIONTH HAND PROMOTION"

Hey FTR e-mail list,

Shut your stupid mouth!

<3,
    DSC
    This looks like it's from Google+
    so you wanna turn off notifications by email BTW ^

Went to some charity shops for secret santa shopping today, picked up a Jack Daniel's Zippo that didn't work for £2. New flint & wick and some fuel later and it's working like new
    He's not upset about getting emails from FTR, he's upset about having unattainable free % money rubbed in his face 'cause he's from the USA.
    Quote Originally Posted by givememyleg View Post
    gross. we suck.
    nah

u just have better Cops
    don't want no tutti-frutti, no lollipop
    I remember there being a thread about how crazy easy it is to get food poisoning from tuna salad. After probably 4-500 career tuna salad sandwiches, one of those bastards got me.
    <a href=http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png target=_blank>http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png</a>
    War on drugs is coming to an end, brah.

And in China, they throw them into secret prisons. That'll swing your stats down low.
    <a href=http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png target=_blank>http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png</a>
    Quote Originally Posted by a500lbgorilla View Post
    War on drugs is coming to an end, brah.

And in China, they throw them into secret prisons. That'll swing your stats down low.
    sure it's reaching a threshold but it will be a long while yet before anything actually happens. the big issue will be what to do with the people who have been locked up for 5, 10, 50 years for something that we decriminalize. what do you do with those people? just throw back onto the streets? say sorry, bro? give them some $$? send them to china?
    I remember there being a thread about how crazy easy it is to get food poisoning from tuna salad. After probably 4-500 career tuna salad sandwiches, one of those bastards got me.
    quite the range. it would be interesting if it was really the fifth sandwich that got you.

i've had sex with around 0-200 super models in my career.
    sure it's reaching a threshold but it will be a long while yet before anything actually happens. the big issue will be what to do with the people who have been locked up for 5, 10, 50 years for something that we decriminalize. what do you do with those people? just throw back onto the streets? say sorry, bro? give them some $$? send them to china?
    They broke the law at the time. Does changing a law mean all the cases regarding it from the past are nulled? Serious quetion because I was pretty sure it didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by sauce123
    I don't get why you insist on stacking off with like jack high all the time.
    ya idk either. just seems weird that once the law changes, theoretically a 25 year old could have a life sentence in prison for selling pot while a 21 year old could be selling it.
    They will be left to rot regardless of anything feasible that happens. Because we ostracize those we don't want to deal with, therefore they're pretty much doomed as is, and they're black and "hardened criminals" and nobody goes to bat for them.

Nobody who has money or is educated spends much time in prison for drugs
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwiMark View Post
    He's not upset about getting emails from FTR, he's upset about having unattainable free % money rubbed in his face 'cause he's from the USA.
    Move?
    Now I'm on board with your response.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    Move?
    HEY IF YOU DISLIKE FTR RUBBING IT IN YOUR FACE, THEN WHY DON'T YOU JUST CHANGE ALL OF YOUR GOOGLE+ NOTIFICATION SETTINGS SO THAT YOU DON'T GET UPDATES FROM ANYTHING AND THEN MOVE OUT OF THE COUNTRY. THAT'S AN EASY SOLUTION, I DON'T KNOW WHAT COULD GO WRONG THERE.
    Well I guess you've embarrassed yourself cos pascal isn't saying he dislikes anything at all.
    Jesus calm the fuck down kiwimark. Its not like moving is that big of a deal, canada is pretty much the same country but cooler anyway.
    Why are you eating tuna salad professionally?
    Quote Originally Posted by JKDS View Post
    Jesus calm the fuck down kiwimark. Its not like moving is that big of a deal, canada is pretty much the same country but cooler anyway.
    Everyone calm down. Moving is the easiest thing in the world. Hell, I moved once because there were some leftovers in the fridge I didn't want to deal with.
    I moved from my couch about a week ago. It hurt.
    Quote Originally Posted by BennyLaRue View Post
    Why are you eating tuna salad professionally?
    NEVER question a man's ambitions
    Getting an endorsement deal out of it is rare - usually confined to anthropomorphs. I just don't see a satisfying career path there for a man of his obvious abilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by BennyLaRue View Post
    Getting an endorsement deal out of it is rare - usually confined to anthropomorphs. I just don't see a satisfying career path there for a man of his obvious abilities.
    It's a wantful and shallow man who can't find the satisfaction in a career made of good meals.
    Last edited by a500lbgorilla; 12-01-2012 at 11:45 AM.
    It's a wantful and shallow man who can't find the satisfaction in a career made of good meals.
    I find it hard to believe you'd remain shallow with a diet consisting mainly of sandwiches. But I agree you'd be wantful. All those sandwiches and no soup to be found.
    My dream... is to fly... over the rainbow... so high...

Cogito ergo sum

VHS is like a book? and a book is like a stack of kindles.
    Hey, I'm in a movie!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYdwe3ArFWA

Cogito ergo sum

Hey, I'm in a movie!
    I so wish I could find the New Zealand safety warning about trains on youtube. It's fourteen different kinds of retarded. Something like:

"Trains are fast. ...Sometimes they come from directions you're not expecting."
    So, my lifelong scheme of "stay away from train tracks = safe from trains" is thin protection?
    Sorry, not trains are fast. Trains are big.

Classic: LTNZ - Tracks are for Trains (not you!) - YouTube
    Oh no! They travel in packs, now!?!
    this isn't the youtube thread but whatever. this guy is pretty good.
    Last edited by eugmac; 12-05-2012 at 09:39 AM.
    Kevin Olusola is amazing and that isn't even a good video of him.

Check out this version of "Julie O" which put him on the music map.

He is the beat boxer for the A Capella group Pentatonix. Check out this cover of the song "Somebody I Used To Know" by Gotye
    Quote Originally Posted by eugmac View Post
    this isn't the youtube thread but whatever. this guy is pretty good.
    The internet has certainly changed our conception of what is "baller." Regardless, I approve.
    i visited new york twice a couple years ago. two things that stick out to me that my girlfriend at the time told me:

1. don't say, "how you doin" to the guy in a suit standing outside of the restaurant. just walk past, don't look, and don't say anything.

2. watch out for homeless people at the subway. sometimes they push people in for fun or out of spite. goddamn
    damn new yawkers
    We have nut allergy warning on packets of nuts here in the UK.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    We have nut allergy warning on packets of nuts here in the UK.
    We have the same in the US. And the warning is under the list of ingredients. Made me chuckle the first time I saw it.

"Pack of Peanuts"
    Ingredients: Peanuts
    Warning: Contains peanuts
    Quote Originally Posted by NightGizmo View Post
    We have the same in the US. And the warning is under the list of ingredients. Made me chuckle the first time I saw it.

"Pack of Peanuts"
    Ingredients: Peanuts
    Warning: Contains peanuts
    It's a humorous result of a good policy. The alternative is a vague definition of obvious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukie View Post
    i visited new york twice a couple years ago. two things that stick out to me that my girlfriend at the time told me:

1. don't say, "how you doin" to the guy in a suit standing outside of the restaurant. just walk past, don't look, and don't say anything.

2. watch out for homeless people at the subway. sometimes they push people in for fun or out of spite. goddamn
    Both are silly and only exist on tv
    LOL OPERATIONS
    i have a couple friends who live on long island. everybody they know looks jewish even when they're not jewish
    Quote Originally Posted by bigred View Post
    Both are silly and only exist on tv
    Says the Texan.
    No longer free Google Apps for Business (10 users)

"I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened."

Cogito ergo sum

Hey, I'm in a movie!
    does anybody ever get a really, really strong urge to bump a thread? Me neither, so I guess this is as good of a place as any to put that thought
    FREDRICK?!?! We're in the future now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukie View Post
    ha, awesome.
    Due to how common this seems to be I thought I'd leave this here.

post ejaculation, I pee, then I just FEEL like I have to pee for 15 mins, - Topix
    I'm the king of bongo, baby I'm the king of bongo bong.
    What's ejaculation?
    It's the process of raising a car off the ground. The strain can make you feel like you need to pee.
    Quote Originally Posted by rong View Post
    It's the process of raising a car off the ground. The strain can make you feel like you need to pee.
    No that's jaculating, you useless prod.

Ejaculating is doing all that in the online environment of the Xbox360 smash hit 4 Fast 4 Furious: Arabian Heat
    Last edited by a500lbgorilla; 12-27-2012 at 09:51 AM.
    when is it ever not time to listen to kayne's slow jamz?
    something i typed up for a friend on the issue of where i think the entitlement mentality of our society comes from. figured it's worth sharing. topic came up because it's a mutual friend's bday and i have a penchant for not celebrating holidays where people get gifts, partly for the reason laid out, but also for others

wufwugy 5:08 pm
    well long story short, its mainly about xmas stuff than bday stuff, but bday counts too. basically the super "entitlement" mentality we have in this country, which we do but not precisely in the way people use it, but we do have it, i theorize is largely due to being raised in a culture that teaches us that we get stuff just for being us. like with xmas, it's the most important day of any child's life and he looks forward to it sooooooooooo much and thinks soooooooooo much about it and all it really is is him just anticipating and receiving things just because he's alive. things like xmas and bdays where we celebrate the person "just because" i think has had some of the worse cultural effects on us

wufwugy 5:23 pm
    i should clarify that when what is important in your life is stuff that you are simply given because you're you, it changes your entire outlook even on the most subliminal level. so i contend that when young adults today exhibit such entitlement attitudes and they cant deal with the stresses of real life and a myriad of other related problems, it's really because their entire lives they were taught that important things were going to be given to them. they never learned what it means to achieve things

wufwugy 5:26 pm
    contrast this to my father, who was never given anything ever. he was made to work for every single thing he's ever had when he was a child, and as an adult he has carried those values with him. when life gets him down he doesnt blame the system or others, he simply tries to work harder to fix it. i think if he was raised to believe he was special just becuase he was alive, his approach to obstacles would be like ours today where we blame outside factors, which is ultimately just a rebellion against the idea that we can't just have what we want by existing
    Hi, I'm wufwugy. The modern day Ajax.
    dont know what ajax is but just tyring to ruin every thread

single-handedly
    OMG IT'S SO OBVIOUS WHEN YOU LOOK AT WHAT'S WRONG WITH SOCIETY THE ANSWER MUST BE CHRISTMAS, I GUESS THAT'S WHY SHAKESPEARE WROTE SUCH A BRILLIANT PLAY ABOUT IT
    Congratulations, you've won your dick's weight in sweets! Decode the message in the above post to find out how to claim your tic-tac
    christmasgate!
    You're heading for kiwigate
    Congratulations, you've won your dick's weight in sweets! Decode the message in the above post to find out how to claim your tic-tac
    Quote Originally Posted by bikes View Post
    Hi, I'm wufwugy. The modern day Ajax.
    Conquered by his own sorrow?
    Quote Originally Posted by rong View Post
    Conquered by his own sorrow?
    A+
    i was really tempted to strawman here but meh.
    Lloyd Christmas?
    good day mate! let's put another shrimp on the barbie!

I'm not entirely sure what this is, but I want to have its babies.
    4 min taylor swift music video. still a better love story than 10 hours of twilight
    It doesn't matter that her argument is invalid.

Arrrggghhhh!
    speak english professor
    so just forget about the world! we young tonight

cause allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll i need
    is a beauty and a beattttttttt
    Well, at least that was random.