Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumSmall Stakes NL Hold'em

Video Review - Interest?

Default Video Review - Interest?

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in watching a video of me two tabling zoom (~30mins) hopefully with audio to go along with it. And whether anyone would be interested in making a video themselves, can obviously be reg tables too just need to make sure you can see everything on the video.

Might be a good idea if we can get a little group going making videos as watching others play and listening to their thought process can only help your game and the feedback you get from others should make creating a video worth your while.
    Interested, but think this might be delivered better in the qualified members forum to avoid trolls. I can take or leave the audio (especially if some manc gibberish...) and 15 mins on zoom would probably be more than enough too.

Pretty sure the consensus of anybody watching a video of me playing if I ever made one would be "I have no idea wtf you are doing" and I'm not sure I could explain why either!

What software would you use to record and upload your video?
    I would be interested in something like this, I can take or leave the audio as well.
    Currently grinding live cash games. Life is good.
    Ya we were thinking of starting something like this in the qualified forum where someone will be doing one a week giving everyone a chance to do one and get critiqued.

Don't do sound, because your thought process could take away from discussin where having questions about why you did something makes for more detailed analysis.

2 tables of zoom for 20 or so minutes or 4 tables of regular tables for 30 would be great.
    Quote Originally Posted by jyms View Post
    Ya we were thinking of starting something like this in the qualified forum where someone will be doing one a week giving everyone a chance to do one and get critiqued.

Don't do sound, because your thought process could take away from discussin where having questions about why you did something makes for more detailed analysis.

2 tables of zoom for 20 or so minutes or 4 tables of regular tables for 30 would be great.
    in
    a little town called none of your goddamn business
    I def think you should talk.
    im not a qualified member so maybe I'm out of luck here. I would be interested though, and would prefer to hear talking. I learn more when I can hear someones thinking out loud in real time I think.

Also of note, and this applies to me mostly not everyone, if you have to speak your mind outloud for a video you are absolutely going to do the thinking rather than fall intp the trap of autopilot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Renton View Post
    I def think you should talk.
    I agree it would be much better with audio so we could understand your thinking. I would be interested in watching the videos but would probably not make any since im not the greatest with computers.
    I'm glad that there is some interest but I don't understand why you wouldn't want to talk as you did it. If that means you have to drop the # of tables you play then so be it. If people can hear your thought process then it becomes much easier to critique what you're doing.
    I'm interested in watching videos with audio.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bean Counter View Post
    What software would you use to record and upload your video?
    edit

The program I posted is crap / I'm an idiot and can't get it to work without the video being stupidly large. So any suggestions would be awesome.
    Last edited by Savy; 02-24-2014 at 06:00 AM.
    I probably won't be able to make a video due to only being able to play 2 reg tables because of my shitty laptop so there probably won't be a huge amount to talk about. Not that anyone (except maybe Savy) would be able to understand a word that I say haha.

Deffo interested in seeing/discussing other people's videos though.

No talking, may aswell mute the sound has a crackling noise throughout which I'll try and work on. Not a huge amount of anything interest imo but it's only a test. There are also a couple of cbets which are a bit spewy and on the KTo hand I'm unsure if I should be defending with that hand when he bets. I don't think there is any value in cbetting it.
    What is it you used to record with? Quality was pretty good.

I think c/c one and done w/ KT hand is OK.

Not sure about the CB in ATo pot against 2 people though, I prob just give up because they hit that board a lot better than you do, K76 was it?
    Yeah that and the A9o hands were the spewy ones that came to mind.

I used a program called ezvid. Seems to be ok, probably a bit much for what it's needed for though as it allows you to do editing and stuff like that to.
    I vote for flatting with ATo there preflop.
    googled an ezvid review and they said

If you want your screen recordings to look the most awesome on YouTube, change your screen resolution to 1280 x 720.
    Know this: actually using your computer at this screen resolution may be annoying. And while you are using it, things on your desktop won’t look as good as when at your usual resolution. But trust me.
    You see, YouTube videos are at 1280 x 720. So if you record at this same resolution, then Ezvid has less work to do in bending and re-sizing your recording… and therefore your screen recording will look more ‘pure’.
    Please, just try this out.
    1. Right click on your desktop
    2. Choose “Screen Resolution”
    3. Choose a resolution as close as possible to 1280 x 720

Your friends will all ask “How did u get that video to be so sharp?!?”
    And you’ll thank me.
    -ATo - I'd prob squeeze pot (so to 4x), and bet smaller on flop 0.4-0.45. It's a very dry board and you're very polarized, so villains are WA/WB in that spot. 0.4 bet only has to work 28% of the time, while 0.6 has to work almost 10% more often, 37.5% of the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay-Z
    I'm a couple hands down and I'm tryin' to get back
    I gave the other grip, I lost a flip for five stacks
    Quote Originally Posted by griffey24 View Post
    -ATo - I'd prob squeeze pot (so to 4x), and bet smaller on flop 0.4-0.45. It's a very dry board and you're very polarized, so villains are WA/WB in that spot. 0.4 bet only has to work 28% of the time, while 0.6 has to work almost 10% more often, 37.5% of the time.

yup
    I don't know how to stop music playing in this program.

Working on finding out how to edit as well, looks a decent program tbf.
    PLEASE MUTE before watching, tried to get rid of music and the best option was this stupid buzzing sound.

Just a tester video but there was one or two interesting hands that turned up.

JTo river was pretty thin, i'd go smaller just to be on the safe side i think. Checking would be fine too.

K7o is a very easy defend vs a 62 cent sb open. You could call almost any two there.

J2s is an open on the button vs tight players in the blnds

88 i would call his 3bet co vs button.

AKo is an easy 4bet there bvb, I'd only call it to mix it up if you had the suited version

AdJd I nearly had a heart attack when you were hovering over the fold button on the river. I'd be pretty tempted to shove there but I don't mind a call. I may also have led the flop just to gets stacks in. You could get it in vs a dominated draw and you'll nearly always have 12 outs. It also puts the CO in a shit spot with a hand like JJ because he has to worry about other players left to act, he may just fold to you, and he'll definitely fold AK which would be a large win for you.

edit: I just looked at his range in the AdJd hand, you have way more equity than you need to call but shoving would certainly be too thin.
    Last edited by Renton; 02-26-2014 at 08:35 PM.
    lol I have similar comments to Renton.

I actually said "oh my god" out loud when you hovered over fold on the AJdd river. Given his sizing he has a pocket a ton and I don't think he'll believe a small raise here. I would have made it like $15.

AK bvb - definitely 4b/call off. As played on the river you were going to bet, but I'm glad you checked. Not much point in betting there.

I also thought the JTo river bet was thin. I'd prob chk back there pretty often or maybe bet a bit smaller than you did. The board is very coordinated so it's def conceivable he's c/c something better than JT given how many two pairs/straights are possible.
    I'd be interested in putting up a vid. of some micro/low stakes MTT if anyone's interested (& can get a bit of a tutorial on it).
    (or maybe some micro ZOOM if nobody's interested in donkaments)
    I also thought the JTo river bet was thin. I'd prob chk back there pretty often or maybe bet a bit smaller than you did. The board is very coordinated so it's def conceivable he's c/c something better than JT given how many two pairs/straights are possible.
    JTo river was pretty thin, i'd go smaller just to be on the safe side i think. Checking would be fine too.
    Yeah it probably was a bit thin but I expect to have the best hand there a lot of the time. I expect to see a lot of 9x that's not gonna fold SB vs BB, but yeah, probably a bit thin.

K7o is a very easy defend vs a 62 cent sb open. You could call almost any two there.
    Yeah, he was stealing 38% from SB as well. I probably don't defend my blinds, especially my BB, as much as I should do. That will probably be my next topic to focus on.

J2s is an open on the button vs tight players in the blnds
    I'm not sure the SB is that tight and he had a 3b of 11% (small sample obv) so wasn't sure stealing w/ J2s was a good idea.

88 i would call his 3bet co vs button.
    I don't really like calling 3bets OOP w/ medium PP's. I remember speaking to you a little while back about calling 3bets w/ PP's and you said it was rare for you to call a 3bet OOP, you considered whether you could get paid if you hit (which I probably can't because I don't think his 3betting range for BU vs CO is very strong) and/or whether you could get to showdown a lot unimproved (which I don't know villain well enough to know whether he will double barrell bluff or whether he will one and done and give up) so I decided for safe option of folding.

AKo is an easy 4bet there bvb, I'd only call it to mix it up if you had the suited version

AK bvb - definitely 4b/call off. As played on the river you were going to bet, but I'm glad you checked. Not much point in betting there.
    Yeah, I am certainly 4bet/GII a lot of the time here, but I like to mix it up sometimes, especially in situations where villain's are gonna be 3betting too wide a lot of the time. I'll bear in mind to try and do this w/ suited version only in future.

AdJd I nearly had a heart attack when you were hovering over the fold button on the river. I'd be pretty tempted to shove there but I don't mind a call. I may also have led the flop just to gets stacks in. You could get it in vs a dominated draw and you'll nearly always have 12 outs. It also puts the CO in a shit spot with a hand like JJ because he has to worry about other players left to act, he may just fold to you, and he'll definitely fold AK which would be a large win for you.

edit: I just looked at his range in the AdJd hand, you have way more equity than you need to call but shoving would certainly be too thin.

I actually said "oh my god" out loud when you hovered over fold on the AJdd river. Given his sizing he has a pocket a ton and I don't think he'll believe a small raise here. I would have made it like $15.
    I think it was one of those boards that looked scary because it was double paired but when I thought about the hand and his range he has like no 4x and maybe 4 combos of Tx (ATs x2 and JTs x2, JTs is questionable as well) I couldn't out him on any other hands except JJ-QQ which were much more likely so ended up calling.
    With regards to your J2s, stealing on the button comment.

Someone can 3b 11% in SB, cold call 3% in SB and still be folding 86% to a steal. All you care about is their fold to steal %. Sure if they call more than they 3b, you get the added advantage of seeing a flop and hitting a big hand, but if their fold is big enough on it's own that's enough reason to steal.

Edit: As an extension.

If you open 2.5bb on the btn, you need your steal to work 62.5% of the time.
    If SB and BB each 3b a huge amount (20%), but don't cold call, your steal works a total of 64% of the time (0.8*0.8).
    So even if both players are 3b 20% (super aggro), you can still steal ANY TWO CARDS profitably.
    Last edited by griffey24; 02-27-2014 at 09:30 AM.
    I probably shouldn't have qualified that J2s is an open with tight blinds. J2s is part of a fairly conservative button opening range, and that the blinds were tight makes it a total slam dunk of an open.

Regarding 88, its just really high in your opening range and he seemed to be a fairly aggro opponent so I think that 88 unimproved will have a lot of equity vs his range on a lot of flops.
    With regards to your J2s, stealing on the button comment.

Someone can 3b 11% in SB, cold call 3% in SB and still be folding 86% to a steal. All you care about is their fold to steal %. Sure if they call more than they 3b, you get the added advantage of seeing a flop and hitting a big hand, but if their fold is big enough on it's own that's enough reason to steal.

Edit: As an extension.

If you open 2.5bb on the btn, you need your steal to work 62.5% of the time.
    If SB and BB each 3b a huge amount (20%), but don't cold call, your steal works a total of 64% of the time (0.8*0.8).
    So even if both players are 3b 20% (super aggro), you can still steal ANY TWO CARDS profitably.
    Wow, I really need to start widening by button range then. That's ridiculous, I'm missing out on so many blinds.

How did you work out that 2.5x needs to work 62.5% of time?

I probably shouldn't have qualified that J2s is an open with tight blinds. J2s is part of a fairly conservative button opening range, and that the blinds were tight makes it a total slam dunk of an open.

Regarding 88, its just really high in your opening range and he seemed to be a fairly aggro opponent so I think that 88 unimproved will have a lot of equity vs his range on a lot of flops.
    I understand we're probably way ahead of his range on a lot of flops, I was more concerned with how often we're allowed to get to showdown unimproved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobra_1878 View Post

0 = 1.5x - 2.5(1-x)

0 means break even EV
    1.5x means that x percent of the time you win 1.5 big blinds
    -2.5(1-x) means that the rest of the time you lose 2.5 big blinds

x = 0.625
    ezvid sucks balls, I tried making a 40 minute video and it hung during rendering. I got camtasia to work way back when but I don't remember how. I tried camstudio recently and it crapped out as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobra_1878 View Post
    Wow, I really need to start widening by button range then. That's ridiculous, I'm missing out on so many blinds.

I understand we're probably way ahead of his range on a lot of flops, I was more concerned with how often we're allowed to get to showdown unimproved.
    Yah I normally just use the calculation:

% folds = Bet size/(Bet size + Pot prior to bet)
    % fold = 2.5/(2.5+1.5)
    % fold = 2.5 / 4
    % fold = 62.5%

So a button min raise needs to work 2/3.5 = 57%, so in this instance you can tolerate two players each defending 25% and still almost raise any two. (combined folding 0.75*0.75 = 0.5625)