Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumSmall Stakes NL Hold'em

$2NL KJs OESD+FD vs Maniac

Default $2NL KJs OESD+FD vs Maniac

Villain is 47/19 over 73 hands at this point. Very aggro postflop (67 AFq). Hindsight tells me I shoulda just left the table with this dude on my left. CO is 54/0 fish. If I cbet this flop I expect to get raised with all sorts of rubbish by the BTN so the plan is to check/call... let him bet for me. Good/bad? What's the best line on the turn here?

WPN, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
    Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $1.54 (77 bb)
    Hero (MP): $2 (100 bb)
    CO: $1.65 (82.5 bb)
    BTN: $1.66 (83 bb)
    SB: $0.70 (35 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with K J
    Hero raises to $0.08, CO calls $0.08, BTN calls $0.08, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.27) T 7 Q (3 players)
    Hero checks, CO checks, BTN bets $0.13, Hero calls $0.13, CO folds

Turn: ($0.53) 2 (2 players)
    Hero?
    Last edited by TNreg; 08-03-2013 at 08:54 AM.
    x/c turn.

When we hit our flush or straight, x/r river.
    When we miss our flush or straight x/f river.

I suppose if he's full of shit we can call king rivers too.
    Yeah, I just think if we lead or c/r the turn we're getting it in with a draw... a monster draw yes, but this idiot will call with A-high, which currently beats us. I like to play my draws aggressively but it's led to nothing but spew (lol fold equity), and if there's ever a time to play a draw passively, this is it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TNreg View Post
    Yeah, I just think if we lead or c/r the turn we're getting it in with a draw... a monster draw yes, but this idiot will call with A-high, which currently beats us. I like to play my draws aggressively but it's led to nothing but spew (lol fold equity), and if there's ever a time to play a draw passively, this is it.
    I actually have no idea if what I said is profitable though, you should really stove ranges and find out as if he's not continuing wide enough or if he will check back a lot on diamond cards or fold to our raises it's really -EV to not fold, but I assume that's not the case.
    We're going to have over 50% equity against his entire range. Hell, even against a purely nutted range of like TT,77,QTs,Q7s,T7s,QTo,T7o, we still have ~30%. But it's ludicrous to to give him a range like that on the flop for obvious reasons. Just seems like we should be planning to get the money in on the turn if/when we spike the river.
    Last edited by TNreg; 08-03-2013 at 09:29 AM.
    BTN is probably weak on the flop. If he had a made hand I'd expect him to bet bigger on the flop because it is so drawy.
    Quote Originally Posted by jackvance View Post
    BTN is probably weak on the flop. If he had a made hand I'd expect him to bet bigger on the flop because it is so drawy.
    this dude isn't thinking about pricing out a draw. you have a massive draw. and I doubt he folds even when ur flush hits. i'd call turn, and c/jam river when hit
    "We're all just a million little gods causing rainstorms, turning every good thing to rust...."AF