Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumSmall Stakes NL Hold'em

10nl AK TPTK , UTG facing turn min-ra

Default 10nl AK TPTK , UTG facing turn min-ra

I have a ton of hands that i should have probably posted during my slacker streak. I'm going to post a couple. They may not be the most compelling, but i want to get in the routine of posting more.

villain is 26/16/16 over 92 3b(8/50) . i dont have him 3b ing in the CO at all, but only 92 hands. he did 3b steal w/ Q2o and shoved on a Q53 board. and 3b 53s, A9s in POS.

It seems like he has a lot of bluffs in his 3b range, he flatted QJs in POS too .. this is the first time he's raised post-flop.i dont think hed do ths w/ a xxdd fd OTT. IDK

Maybe he isn't buying my cbet OTF, and has some Jx hand

Revolution Gaming Network - $0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
    Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: $9.65
    Hero (UTG): $14.72
    CO: $12.18
    BTN: $12.70
    SB: $9.60

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has A K

Hero raises to $0.30, CO calls $0.30, fold, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.75, 2 players) K 5 9
    Hero bets $0.50, CO calls $0.50

Turn: ($1.75, 2 players) J
    Hero bets $1.17, CO raises to $2.34,
    "We're all just a million little gods causing rainstorms, turning every good thing to rust...."AF
    {moved from blogs}
    Quote Originally Posted by Fnord View Post
    Why poker fucks with our heads: it's the master that beats you for bringing in the paper, then gives you a milkbone for peeing on the carpet.

blog: http://donkeybrainspoker.com/

Watch me stream $200 hyper HU and $100 Spins on Twitch!
    Hero calls. He could be doing this with worse kings a few jacks and hands that picked up some equity on the turn like 9T etc, and c/c nearly all rivers bar a Q.
    Erín Go Bragh
    hero cant fold fast enough
    anyone else wanna take on this hand.

im leaning towards a fold too.
    "We're all just a million little gods causing rainstorms, turning every good thing to rust...."AF
    Villain's actions scream big hand given stats, reads and board texture. This guy will give us his stack if we're patient, so there's no need to get involved in marginal situations where tptk is unlikely to be good often enough.
    Fold to his two pairs or set.

Would need very good reads that he could be doing this with top pair or a flush/straight draw to continue.
    Virginity is like a bubble: one prick and it's all gone
    Ignoranus (n): A person who is stupid AND an assh*le
    here's the thing: generally players who will raise FDs or worse hands will do it on the flop. This mafaka hit or slowplayed something.
    Quote Originally Posted by d0zer View Post
    here's the thing: generally players who will raise FDs or worse hands will do it on the flop. This mafaka hit or slowplayed something.
    well, it started w/ bikes' fold, and now after 3 more of the big dogs fold. I'm glad I did.
    Even considering that the villain can make some erratic plays, there doesn't seem to be a lot in the range where he'd take this line and you're ahead. So while you may be folding the better hand, the probability you're doing so seems rather small. So I fold too.
    Quote Originally Posted by WeldPhaser View Post
    I have a ton of hands that i should have probably posted during my slacker streak. I'm going to post a couple. They may not be the most compelling, but i want to get in the routine of posting more.

villain is 26/16/16 over 92 3b(8/50) . i dont have him 3b ing in the CO at all, but only 92 hands. he did 3b steal w/ Q2o and shoved on a Q53 board. and 3b 53s, A9s in POS.

It seems like he has a lot of bluffs in his 3b range, he flatted QJs in POS too .. this is the first time he's raised post-flop.i dont think hed do ths w/ a xxdd fd OTT. IDK

Maybe he isn't buying my cbet OTF, and has some Jx hand

Revolution Gaming Network - $0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
    Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: $9.65
    Hero (UTG): $14.72
    CO: $12.18
    BTN: $12.70
    SB: $9.60

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has A K

Hero raises to $0.30, CO calls $0.30, fold, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.75, 2 players) K 5 9
    Hero bets $0.50, CO calls $0.50

Turn: ($1.75, 2 players) J
    Hero bets $1.17, CO raises to $2.34,

This is the first one I'm trying here so bear wit nee pls. I thought I'd re paste and we can make comments trying to ignore the prev replies. Let me know if it sucks or whatever
    I think this one was pretty well covered; this would be a strange line to take with draws, and he has a lot of nutted hands in his range. Hero folds.
    But isn't he making a mistake min raising if he is drawing?