Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumWins and Fails

Worst bad beat ever?

Default Worst bad beat ever?

Just came across this and this is just unbelievably the worst bad beat I've seen in my fking life, damn run it twice lol

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...895_5D3CDD79A2
    Not even close to the worst bad beat. IF you want to come to FTR and talk about bad beats, check out what happen to our high stakes MOD and long time FTR member

http://www.pokernews.com/strategy/st...hree-16041.htm
    Well indeed your opponent hitting a 3 outer when you were so close to win a WSOP bracelet for a player of his caliber is no doubt a sick bad beat but that hand I posted is pretty sick in terms of what are the odds for something like that to happen...
    Ok, I guess you are entitled to believe the odds are what constitutes a bad beat, but I am willing to stake the loss is what constitutes a bad beat. I don't care about losing a few BB's in a micro game by a one outer vs a bracelet and a couple hundred thousand dollars to 3 outs.
    Yeah I'm thinking the bracelet hand is a little more brutal.

Worst beat I've seen in terms of odds and wtf is some guy gii on 55J flop with 44 3-handed, facing trips and full house. He proceeded to hit quads on the runner. That sparked some life into the chat bar, I can tell you.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
    Dude who busted WSOP with quad aces vs royal has gotta be a contender for baddest beat.
    ongies gonna ong
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    Dude who busted WSOP with quad aces vs royal has gotta be a contender for baddest beat.
    Yeah that one too, I forgot that it was an asian guy who had quads and I think he cashed or not??? Don't remember...
    don't we all feel sorry for thease badbeats. playing at the wsop must take it out off there pockets. just imagine winning a seat at 1 off thease big games then loseing with a royal
    a little town called none of your goddamn business
    http://weaktight.com/6471356

this one made me chuckle
    Quote Originally Posted by Renton View Post
    http://weaktight.com/6471356

this one made me chuckle
    WOW, that's a lot of money to put in with that hand from Villain. Is that normal at this stake?

Don't think I could do that
    The Time To Act Is Now...
    a little town called none of your goddamn business
    No he's an idiot. And a TAG reg.
    Interesting debate on bad beats. I think the original and the WSOP scenario were pretty tough ways to lose. I am not sure there is a definition for a bad beat that is specific enough to define one of them a bad beat and the other one not a bad beat. I feel for both players.
    Scottish Cowboy
    Quote Originally Posted by joker131 View Post
    don't we all feel sorry for thease badbeats. playing at the wsop must take it out off there pockets. just imagine winning a seat at 1 off thease big games then loseing with a royal
    Yes that would be sick. Actually I would find that scenario really hard to even imagine! .... umm... cuz last time I checked Royal > Quads
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom1559 View Post
    Interesting debate on bad beats. I think the original and the WSOP scenario were pretty tough ways to lose. I am not sure there is a definition for a bad beat that is specific enough to define one of them a bad beat and the other one not a bad beat. I feel for both players.
    I was railing that WSOP tourney & was brutal watching Max lose when that hand played out.
    Quote Originally Posted by jyms View Post
    Ok, I guess you are entitled to believe the odds are what constitutes a bad beat, but I am willing to stake the loss is what constitutes a bad beat. I don't care about losing a few BB's in a micro game by a one outer vs a bracelet and a couple hundred thousand dollars to 3 outs.
    I don't disagree with this sentiment. Worst bad beat I ever saw was at a table I was playing at live. House rules were Quad 8s beaten by a bigger hand. BBJP started at $50K and payouts were 50% for the loser, 30% for the winner and the rest of the table splitting the other 20%. If the BBJP exceeded $100K, everyone in the poker room who was dealt into the hand immediately prior or during the bad beat, also received $200.

Kid got quad Kings beaten by quad Aces on a Saturday evening when the place was packed. Everyone hooting and hollering because the BBJP was $152K. One person at the table wasn't dealt in. I was already spending my $4300.

So, what was the bad beat?

Kid who lost was 19 here in California and the BBJP was voided for him being underage.
    Yeah unreal for running it twice, those 1 card in the deck hands always hurt as well
    OP posted a hand which is sick in odds, but I still got more buzz when I saw this first time:
    I had quads beat the other day and I laughed. That's progress.
    ongies gonna ong
    happens
    Another really bad (1% ?) beat - i saw is this from another player:

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...904_9C223A7369
    WOW these are some crazy bad beats!!!! I need to share some of these with my friends. Thanks all
    dunno, loser didn't 3bet his AK , then checked the flop with the nuts and let the other guy hit bottom boat. 3bet pre and cbet flop and those 55s never get to see the turn .
    nice hand for him, horror bad beat
    I remember one time I was 22

flop : T32

oponnent check , i check

turn : 2

oponnent bet, i raise, he's go all in, i call

he shows : 33

river : 3 ( lol )