Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumBeginners Circle

hand review/study sessions

Default hand review/study sessions

I've been (finally) spending a decent amount of time studying poker again. Amazing what injuries can do for your income

Anyone interested in getting some hand review sessions running via the good ol' irc #flopturnriver channel?
    what times suit people best?

somewhere between 16:00 and 19:00 EST (that's 21:00-00:00 gmt i think?) works for me. or a bit later, around 22:00 EST could also fit.

http://www.flopturnriver.com/pokerfo...-a-153854.html
    Last edited by daven; 12-10-2012 at 06:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by daven View Post
    Anyone interested in getting some hand review sessions running via the good ol' irc #flopturnriver channel?
    Short answer: Yes. LDO

Long answer: Could never get IRC up + running before, being a technoDunce, so was wondering if it's still the best medium for this sorta thing. Does it still score over, say, Skype Group IM?

somewhere between 16:00 and 19:00 EST (that's 21:00-00:00 gmt i think?) works for me
    roger dodger
    don't want no tutti-frutti, no lollipop
    I'd be in for one next week onwards, too much work this week
    I would be up for it but mainly to listen to you lads discussing hands as I don't feel I am quite up to your levels of analysis just yet
    Every time I've visited IRC it's been dead, I've seen zilla and eug but that's it. Would be good to get it going again.

I'm only playing donkaments right now but will still give my $0.02 on other hands posted
    Congratulations, you've won your dick's weight in sweets! Decode the message in the above post to find out how to claim your tic-tac
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucothefish View Post
    Every time I've visited IRC it's been dead, I've seen zilla and eug but that's it. Would be good to get it going again.

I'm only playing donkaments right now but will still give my $0.02 on other hands posted
    Let's do a donkaments one too?
    I'd be up for that.
    I'm in, what about doing it on skype i have that and i dunno what irc is.
    Erín Go Bragh
    damn, my ass is still in deep sleep during that time.
    Group Sweats! Group Sweats! Group Sweats! Group Sweats!

How are you going to do HH review in a text-based chat room?

Or do I completely not understand what IRC is? (IRC noob)
    success! finally managed to connect using mIRC.

saw eug in there, but he ran away
    I would certainly be up for it. So, is it going to be irc or skype?
    "We're all just a million little gods causing rainstorms, turning every good thing to rust...."AF
    Since the IRC is already setup we could use that as a test to see if we can get the numbers.
    What is IRC?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobra_1878 View Post
    What is IRC?
    Internet Relay Chat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

da internetz is ur frend 2
    Wasn't sure if it was specific to FTR or not haha. I am deffo up for this though, when is it happening?
    19:00 est today irc for anyone who is keen. (just under 5hrs from now).
    if you have any hands you want to discuss then bring a hand or two along, along with relevant reads/stats on any villains in the hands.
    best way to do it is to post hands to a site such as weaktight then you can post the link to the hand in the chat channel.

fwiw, the ftr channel on irc used to have a bunch of people in it 24/7, and you could usually get poker discussion going in there whenever you wanted. Then black friday etc.
    Definitely interested in doing this in the future if pre-midnight GMT.
    fwiw, the ftr channel on irc used to have a bunch of people in it 24/7, and you could usually get poker discussion going in there whenever you wanted. Then black friday etc.
    Forums are quiet enough without having loads of good strat discussion in IRC to be honest. If more people posted hands in the BC then we'd get more strat talk, more people would move up to $50NL+ making those forums more active and we'd attract new members etc making IRC more active even though the same % of regs used it. At least, that's the theory
    Well, I got myself logged on , no one on except cbat right now
    "We're all just a million little gods causing rainstorms, turning every good thing to rust...."AF
    cool, this happened and it worked

anytime you're planning on doing some hand history analysis or whatever and feel like discussing it then simply bump this thread with the time and date you'll be on irc.
    When are you guys doing this again, im off uni for a month now so im available nearly every night and would like to do this and see the benefits. Post the time and date you'll be doing this again ITT so i can join.
    Erín Go Bragh
    Anytime you have hands you want to go over, just post a time and date in this thread.

What we basically did was post each street and then do forum-style discussion. Except that it all happened in minutes instead of hours or days.
    Anyone going on tonight????? im already on!!!!!