Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Community

DWI DUI Charges

Default DWI DUI Charges

Anyone beat this ?

I blew a .010

1st offense.. Any suggestions? State of Louisianna sucks. Court is in Feb .. I have paid an Attorney who knows the DA to attempt to get me off.

Iam not too concerned.. But I would rather not go through the bullshit.
    DUI's are no joke. Expensive as hell and very bad if you are not over 21. Its a bunch of bullshit.
    Flopping quads and boats like its my job
    my buddy plea-bargained for reckless op and a big fine or something. Was still way cheaper than DUI. This was in Ohio.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")
    Quote Originally Posted by swiggidy
    my buddy plea-bargained for reckless op and a big fine or something. Was still way cheaper than DUI. This was in Ohio.
    I will accept that ... Since I got pulled over fishtailing behind a State Trooper Substation I didnt know existed.. LOL.. Dude said ... "Hey man .. Looked pretty cool and everything.. Got it on tape.. You should have seen it.. "

I would love a big fine.. Max for DUI in LA is 1000.00 ... I piss that .. But Premiums for insurance, classes, community service, the fucking DMV, oh and a SR22 could be hefty..
    Don't drink and drive.
    PSU Class of 2011 weeeeeeee!
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry
    Don't drink and drive.
    qft

ya, it isn't worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by fasin8ing
    Since I got pulled over fishtailing behind a State Trooper Substation I didnt know existed.. LOL.. Dude said ... "Hey man .. Looked pretty cool and everything.. Got it on tape.. You should have seen it..
    So you were swerving down the road?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")
    So you were swerving down the road?
    No... I was fishtailing after making a Uturn.. A little left.. Then right..
    yes, I can beat that.

I blew a 0.239 for mine, five hours after I stopped drinking. lets just say I knew how to drink in college (and still do). the cop that did the test made me do it four times becuase he couldn't believe how freaking high I blew b/c I was totally coherent at the time. he knew I was drunk, but I blew "at least double what he thought I should blow," or something like that.

I paid my dues (fines and lawyer), and I think it ended up costing me 3k.

I don't drive drunk no mores.

P.S. Best part about it is I was actually pulling over to sleep when I hit a goddamned orange cone. If it wasn't for that cone I'd probably still be doing stupid shit to this day (driving drunk).

STOP DRINKING AND DRIVING ASSHLEOSL
    LOL OPERATIONS
    A friend of my sister's (who lived in Maryland at the time) once started to drive home drunk from a bar one night, realized half a block later that he was way too drunk to be driving, and pulled over to go to sleep for a few hours.

Anyway, hour after he had gone to sleep, a traffic cop stopped behind him to make sure everything was okay. He still got a DUI, even though the car was off and he was pulled over.

It turns out than in Maryland, if you are drunk and sitting in the driver's seat, you can get a DUI even if the car is turned off and not on the road and you clearly have no intention of turning it on soon (e.g. you are asleep).
    I only drink the blood of infidels.
    <a href=http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png target=_blank>http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png</a>
    my freind got pulled over 3 weeks ago and blew a .079. definitly the luckiest day of his life.
    eeevees are not monies yet...they are like baby monies.
    Putney, UK; Full Tilt,Mansion; $50 NL and PL; $13 and $16 SNGs at Stars
    I was once in a fight on new year's eve on the way back to a friend's house. His gf was with me and she called him up in a panic (he was at home preparing for revellers to arrive). He leapt in his car and was coming to pick her (and me, I hope) up only to be immediately pulled over by the police, who naturally make a big deal of enforcing the drink drive laws on NYE.

When he tested positive I felt very guilty indeed. When he was taken to the police station, retested, and found to be a nanogram below the limit, I was very very pleased indeed (notwithstanding the black eye spreading over my rather drunk face).
    Oh goody, story time.
    I have a friend who hit a DUI checkpoint after work one night. He had a few beers after work, but nothing exorbitant. In other words, 3 beers and most of us can drive home carefully. Anyway, he gets out and goes through the whole routine. You know: touch your nose, stand on one foot, follow the finger, etc. He is passing all these tests just fine and probably would have been let go under a normal traffic stop, but being a DUI checkpoint they had him blow anyway. He hits a .081. Needless to say he tries to convice the officers to let him go, but it's a no go. After processing etc., he asks the officer: "Can I blow again?" The officer says "Why?". My friend said: "I'm sure I'm under the limit now, and I'd like to drive home."
    His girlfriend picked him up, but I'll never forget that line. Priceless.
    Playing live . . . thanks alot Bin Laden.
    Quote Originally Posted by thenonsequitur
    It turns out than in Maryland, if you are drunk and sitting in the driver's seat, you can get a DUI even if the car is turned off and not on the road and you clearly have no intention of turning it on soon (e.g. you are asleep).
    This is also true in Ohio.

A friend was driving home and his gf had to puke so he pulled over. While she was puking a cop stopped, gave him the Breathalyzer and he blew .105 or something stupid. He was a big guy, obv not drunk but busted anyway.

So another friend (girl) was driving home, her friend had to puke. She wasn't going to stop because she remembered the above story. So her friend is trying to puke out the window on the highway. The driver said pieces of rice were flying back in the car and hitting her in the face, haha.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")
    Quote Originally Posted by a500lbgorilla
    I laughed.
    LOL OPERATIONS
    In the days when drinking and driving was a bit more routine, my ex and I spent the evening in a bar with a client of hers and pretty well matched each other drink for drink. We drove seperate cars home along the same route, came over a bridge and hit a checkstop, and both of us were pulled over.

I was taken into a cruiser and blew the electronic gizmo they have that registers either green (you're cool), amber (warning, Will Robinson!) and red (over the limit). If you blew red then they breathalyzed you with more accurate gear. I blew amber and was told to park my car and pick it up in the morning. (I didn't. I went and had a coffee, waited until they left and then drove my car home).

My ex wasn't so lucky. She blew red, got breathalyzed and charged with DUI.

The worst part was the grief she gave me afterwards. "You were just as drunk as I was!" she said.

"I outweigh you by at least sixty pounds!" I explained. "Of course I'm going to blow lower."

She was pissed at me for weeks. Didn't complain when I gave here rides everywhere for six months though.

I never drink and drive now. Number one, I drink a lot less, but if I do have a little too much there's a service you can call in my city that will drive you and your car home for you for about the cost of a cab ride. Two people come in a car, one gets into your car with you and drives you home in it while the other car follows, and then they leave in the car they came in after they drop you off. Definitely worth it.
    Indiana must be super gay. One of my better friends totalled his car on a tree or something, didnt get hurt or anything, cop found him, got an OUI or some shit since they didnt see him actually driving, I told him the odds of him going to jail were slim to none, he would just have to pay a buttload in fines/lawyer stuff. Well he just got out of his 15 day jail sentence a couple days ago. It was his first one too.
    Boondock the Bot-Slayer

-'rilla
    In Wisconsin your first DWI is simply an ordinance violation - you just get a ticket.
    http://chardrian.blogspot.com
    come check out my training videos at pokerpwnage.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Warpe
    ... but if I do have a little too much there's a service you can call in my city that will drive you and your car home for you for about the cost of a cab ride. Two people come in a car, one gets into your car with you and drives you home in it while the other car follows, and then they leave in the car they came in after they drop you off. Definitely worth it.
    This is good times. Drinking and driving sucks.
    Well, if it was here then a good DUI attorney Los Angeles would have definitely helped. I know a few and they are pretty good at their work. DUI charges can deeply affect a person’s life. These are quite big ones and coming out of it requires a good lawyer.
    Quote Originally Posted by a500lbgorilla View Post
    Fuck I love me
    <a href=http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png target=_blank>http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png</a>