Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumTournament Poker

QQ, is there anything wrong with my play here?

Default QQ, is there anything wrong with my play here?

I reckon I'm probably beat on the river. The only reasonable hand we beat is a 10 + crap, but the flush draw, Ax or 3 all have us whipped. I'm getting 5:1 on the call, so is there any way this hand can be played differently? What is the max size bet you would call on the river?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t20 (9 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

MP1 (t1500)
    MP2 (t1200)
    MP3 (t2020)
    Hero (t1470)
    Button (t1380)
    SB (t1480)
    BB (t1530)
    UTG (t1420)
    UTG+1 (t1500)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q, Q.
    UTG calls t20, 2 folds, MP2 calls t20, 1 fold, Hero raises to t120, 3 folds, UTG calls t100, MP2 folds.

Flop: (t290) T, 3, 3 (2 players)
    UTG bets t100, Hero raises to t350, UTG calls t250.

Turn: (t990) A (2 players)
    UTG checks, Hero checks.

River: (t990) 6 (2 players)
    UTG bets t260, Hero calls t260.

Final Pot: t1510

PS: Villain shows K8 hearts here i.e. sooted sucka
    I think you played it fine.. Turn is a little doubtful but I'd play the same.
    I'd raise a little bit more on the flop, maybe making it 400 to go. Otherwise, I think you played this fine, I am almost never folding with 5:1 odds on the river.
    Does noone like a shove on turn? If he has Axh he is likely betting out on turn. If he has Tx we are still ahead and he's folding alot.

His weak lead on flop looks like a flush draw and we gave him a free river to make it.
    Quote Originally Posted by yourfather
    Does noone like a shove on turn? If he has Axh he is likely betting out on turn. If he has Tx we are still ahead and he's folding alot.

His weak lead on flop looks like a flush draw and we gave him a free river to make it.
    I agree. I doubt he'd call a bet on the flop unless he had some mid PP, the 10 or the flush draw. I push the turn and cross my fingers.
    yea his turn bet screams classic flush draw..the ace makes me hesitant to shove this..tough hand