Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumTournament Poker

$5 -TT vs 2 players - flop is lower cards

Default $5 -TT vs 2 players - flop is lower cards

BB liked to limp into about 35% of the hands to this point and MP1 was basically the same. Are you bailing on the min raise on the flop after the call or are you pushing here?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (7 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver Cards)

Button (t1825)
    Hero (t1210)
    BB (t1650)
    UTG (t1165)
    MP1 (t2470)
    MP2 (t3835)
    CO (t1345)

Preflop: Hero is SB with , .
    UTG calls t50, MP1 calls t50, 3 folds, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (t200) , , (4 players)
    Hero bets t200, BB calls t200, UTG folds, MP1 raises to t400, Hero???
    Hey mike,

I play the 5$ stakes on Stars too

First of all:
    - raise pre-flop! Personally, I raise everything around 99+ depending on the dynamic of the table. Depending on my stack size I raise 3x or 4x at level 3. I'd raise 4x here b/c of the limpers
    - I like you potting the flop here, however there are 4 players left to act and b/c you completed they will not trust your value bet here (what can be good and bad)
    - the flop is definitly within their range, so they could have something here
    - someone could've hit a set/FD/SD or even a combo draw if they limped SC or lower PPs or two pairs since the flop's definitly in their limping range
    - with one caller behind me I don't think this is the ideal spot to get it in to be honest, I would either shove or fold here, as calling would leave you with 760 chips, which can get tricky pretty quickly with 7 players left. Especially b/c if MP1 really has a hand he'll put you all/in on the turn.
    - With that many uncertainties I'd lean towards a fold here. This is strongly read dependant though!