Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumSmall Stakes NL Hold'em

2NL 15k Hands check

Default 2NL 15k Hands check

Ok, little intro first: I´ve played before all the way up to 200NL. Life got in the way, I now have a family, a house and a lot less time to play/study. Anyway I decided to give it a shot starting again from the bottom with a $ 50 Bankroll + $ 15 worth of bonuses.

This is 2NL Full Ring, 6-9 tabling Pokerstars.

What do you think? Too nitty? Also Cbet more probably. Should I look for missed cbet opportunities? What else?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by ISF
    Getting good at poker is like that scene in the matrix where Neo suddenly sees that everyone is just a bunch of structured numbers and then he starts bending those numbers in really weird ways.
    LP play seems pretty nitty. You could probably loosen up on btn I would assume.

Your won at SD is very high (>60%), which suggests that you're probably calling too tightly and could widen your calling on river somewhat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay-Z
    I'm a couple hands down and I'm tryin' to get back
    I gave the other grip, I lost a flip for five stacks
    Quote Originally Posted by griffey24 View Post
    Your won at SD is very high (>60%), which suggests that you're probably calling too tightly and could widen your calling on river somewhat.
    Ok. I´ll take a look at missed river calls and post some hands.

Also, even though it kind of feels counterintuitive, I should be looking for missed opportunities to bluff the river. Am I right?
    Getting good at poker is like that scene in the matrix where Neo suddenly sees that everyone is just a bunch of structured numbers and then he starts bending those numbers in really weird ways.
    Probably not at 2nl.
    Quote Originally Posted by ImSavy View Post
    Probably not at 2nl.
    My thoughts exactly. But theoretically it makes sense, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by settecba View Post
    My thoughts exactly. But theoretically it makes sense, right?
    Well you should always be looking for chances to make more money so yes I would suggest looking at it. The fact is though what we care about is the green line. There are loads of factors which can change our green line (so red and blue too) we care about the ones that happen most frequently and that add up to the most money because they affect our green line the most.
    Another question:

¿Do you see a problem with my red line? ¿Is it okay to be negative?

I realize that changing that would probably involve a big change in my overall style(I´m confortable being a nit@2NL-10NL and build a BR. Beyond that I don´t think is profitable enough, and I wouldn´t want to play like that anyway)

What are your thoughts?
    I've seen tonnes of winning graphs from all levels with red and blue lines doing loads of different things. Usually most graphs have blue lines winning and red line losing especially at lower stakes. It's so unimportant to focus on though we care about the green line and making that go up.
    Probably a little bit nitty and little bit too passive post with value hands, but only marginally so. I don't think many will exploit you at 2nl for that, plus rake is relatively high so you'll want to play a bit tighter. You can also bash the looser, more passive players with your stronger range.

I wouldn't get caught up in the red and blue line thing - there's more than one way to beat the game.
    I wouldn't be too concerned about red vs blue lines.

My red line is sky high and my blue line is converging to zero or hovering just above it. It really depends on what your plan is to make money.

Are you nitting it up, waiting for the goods before you value town ppl with the goods? Well in that case your blue line will be high.

I play FR and nit it up too. But I nit it up with the explicit purpose of using the nitty image to barrel ppl hard whenever I'm in a hand. So I'm getting a lot of turn and river folds and so my red line is high. When I get called on the river I often don't have the goods, so that kills my blue line. (Important disclaimer - this is on an anonym site, so it allows this kind of style without ppl adjusting from day to day).
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay-Z
    I'm a couple hands down and I'm tryin' to get back
    I gave the other grip, I lost a flip for five stacks
    I think your graph is beautiful. If you can maintain that upward trend over 100,000 hands, considering there's no rake cap at 2nl pretty much, I would TRULY be impressed. You think we could get in contact sometime on skype? I wouldn't mind getting some pointers from you on how to improve my graph at 25nl.
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyS1985 View Post
    I think your graph is beautiful. If you can maintain that upward trend over 100,000 hands, considering there's no rake cap at 2nl pretty much, I would TRULY be impressed. You think we could get in contact sometime on skype? I wouldn't mind getting some pointers from you on how to improve my graph at 25nl.
    Is that a joke? You want a 2nl player to tell you how to beat 25nl?
    Quote Originally Posted by Savy View Post
    Is that a joke? You want a 2nl player to tell you how to beat 25nl?
    I agree. Just a couple of things I think are worth mentioning:

1 - I've beaten 25nl(and 50nl and 100nl). But that was years ago(pre and post black friday). Right now I'm starting from the bottom again to see if i can do it again
    2 - You'll get very good advice here from better regs
    3 - The winrate is obviously not sustainable moving upwards and I'll never know if it is doable even @2nl since I don't plan on playing 100k hands there. FWIW I'm doing 5nl now
    4 - I'm on vacations now. I'll be playing again the 20th.

All that said, once I'm back, I'm up for talking poker anytime
    Quote Originally Posted by settecba View Post
    I agree. Just a couple of things I think are worth mentioning:

1 - I've beaten 25nl(and 50nl and 100nl). But that was years ago(pre and post black friday). Right now I'm starting from the bottom again to see if i can do it again
    2 - You'll get very good advice here from better regs
    3 - The winrate is obviously not sustainable moving upwards and I'll never know if it is doable even @2nl since I don't plan on playing 100k hands there. FWIW I'm doing 5nl now
    4 - I'm on vacations now. I'll be playing again the 20th.

All that said, once I'm back, I'm up for talking poker anytime
    This was by no means to criticise yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Savy View Post
    This was by no means to criticise yourself.
    I know that, don't worry