Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumAll Other Poker/Live Poker

Plan on this flop?

Default Plan on this flop?

UTG is a reg, plays loose pre flop but pretty good post

no read BU

PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha High, $2 BB (6 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

SB ($113.25)
    Hero ($189.30)
    UTG ($232.45)
    MP ($432.20)
    CO ($181)
    Button ($170.20)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, A, T, J.
    UTG calls $2, 2 folds, Button calls $2, SB completes, Hero raises to $8, UTG calls $6, Button calls $6, SB folds.

Flop: ($28) 9, 8, 6 (3 players)
    I would lead pot for about 2/3 of the pot since you have the As

This is one of those spots where I wish there was pokerstove for Omaha so I'd have a better idea of what to do against a flop raise.

This is one of those spots where it seems bad to check with any option planned (c/c c/f c/r) but betting and being blown off of our hand stinks to. Against a FD+pr+gutterball we have 47% equity. Against a straight we have 32% equity (give or take depending on blockers) if the straight has no flush draw. Against sets with some blockers we have 34% equity.

So I guess bet/fold isn't that bad because we're only flipping against the FD+pr+gutterball hands which may not be fastplaying the flop and against every hand that will fastplay our equity is certainly not good. Because of this being blown off our hand from a raise is generally not a bad thing as it's very tough to get completely bluff-raised on a board like this.

Betting also allows you to barrel spades against maybe a 2pr or 57xx type hand.
    yeah spend you summed up my thinking

I decided to go for a CR hoping that I could maybe fold two pair, bottom set or iffy draws since they can't have the NFD and I have OK equity vs set

But, it went bet pot, call, so then do I just give up?