BU ($400)
    Dealt to Hero K Q
    fold, BU raises to $10, Hero raises to $34, fold, BU calls $24
    FLOP ($72) J 8 4
    Hero bets $48, BU calls $48
    TURN ($168) J 8 4 4
    Hero checks, BU checks
    RIVER ($168) J 8 4 4 K
    Hero bets $116, BU raises to $318 (AI), Hero?

Isnt a clear fold? You said he is decent reg, he must realize that w/ 25% equity needed you will call very often so i think it is a value raise. i would call w/ AA, even though i think that would be close.
    Would be strange to see him bluff his fd and Jx on this board
    All posts are just my own opinion about a hand or a general situation... not advices on how you should play...
    a little town called none of your goddamn business
    This seems like one of those turns that you should theoretically be barreling a good bit. Not because it's a particularly good card for you but just because your range to bet that wet flop was stronger than normal and his range is so wide. There are so many auto-floats on the flop for villain that are put in a pretty lame spot when they face a bet on the turn. Anyway I'm not saying I'm sure you should do it with KQ but I would certainly have considered it.

On the river I guess I would shrug and call. It's just so statistically unlikely that he has a better hand at this point. I've tried bluffs in villain's spot on the basis that "why would he expect a bluff" and I always get called. I don't like making big pots and folding when his range is such a question mark. He could also have the same hand?
    What's villains open? Call 3b %? Lots of FD's?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay-Z
    I'm a couple hands down and I'm tryin' to get back
    I gave the other grip, I lost a flip for five stacks
    Quote Originally Posted by Renton View Post
    This seems like one of those turns that you should theoretically be barreling a good bit. Not because it's a particularly good card for you but just because your range to bet that wet flop was stronger than normal and his range is so wide. There are so many auto-floats on the flop for villain that are put in a pretty lame spot when they face a bet on the turn. Anyway I'm not saying I'm sure you should do it with KQ but I would certainly have considered it.

On the river I guess I would shrug and call. It's just so statistically unlikely that he has a better hand at this point. I've tried bluffs in villain's spot on the basis that "why would he expect a bluff" and I always get called. I don't like making big pots and folding when his range is such a question mark. He could also have the same hand?
    This is one of those spots I never figured out. I'm pretty damn sure villain knows he is repping KJ or weird play. The problem here is that I actually wouldn't bluff this river, so I'm really well defined in my own mind. I'm leaning on calling with an unexploitable freqency. Can't imagine not betting river either, even though I just kinda said myself that I shouldn't?

What's his check-back range on turn? It might be terrible nowadays, but I'd be betting my whole range there usually lol.
    Nine to five is how to survive - I ain't trying to survive / I'm trying to live it to the limit and love it a lot //

Can offer RB deals on most sites, PM me.
    random pairs, delayed floats etc imo. I actually checked back with Q9cc in this hand with a plan to bet the river. When he bet I thougt I'll just go for the mindfuck. Felt like my play was maginal or even bad as he might not buy KJ.

Funny, before reading P4s answer it seemed to me he was just shoving over what seemed like your pot control line on the turn on a pretty normal 2 barrel card. The shove felt exactly like he was trying to get you off of a K, not get value from it. I think I'm calling with most K's as well
    Quote Originally Posted by pocketfours View Post
    random pairs, delayed floats etc imo. I actually checked back with Q9cc in this hand with a plan to bet the river. When he bet I thougt I'll just go for the mindfuck. Felt like my play was maginal or even bad as he might not buy KJ.
    Your perceived check-back range will be pretty weak though on turn, repping like 8x or midpair, and on most rivers that range won't really be strong enough to rep a value bet. That's why I prefer to bet it, then you can barrel a ton of rivers too.

Your play is mindfuck indeed, it's one of those unbalanced spots that (i think) get you a lot of folds even though you rep so little.
    Nine to five is how to survive - I ain't trying to survive / I'm trying to live it to the limit and love it a lot //

Can offer RB deals on most sites, PM me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexos View Post
    Your perceived check-back range will be pretty weak though on turn, repping like 8x or midpair, and on most rivers that range won't really be strong enough to rep a value bet. That's why I prefer to bet it, then you can barrel a ton of rivers too.
    Don't see any compelling reason to bet turn with Jx as villain clearly doesn't have diamonds or T9. Is it common to c/c turn with TT/99/8x, seems pretty bad to me. Besides a river bluff can be significantly smaller to be in line with a weak and thin bet, it's not very common to be checkraised imo. By betting the turn you might be exploited by a wide c/r range, although it's not a very common strategy admittedly.