Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumShort-Handed NL Hold'em

KK faces nit flop raise.

Default KK faces nit flop raise.

So villain is a nit, he's not raised a c-bet in this sample. I'm trying to decide between the line I took here and just folding to the flop raise straight away.

PokerStars - $1 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
    Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: 104.16 BB (VPIP: 24.88, PFR: 18.54, 3Bet Preflop: 8.74, Hands: 208)
    Hero (UTG): 100 BB
    MP: 100 BB (VPIP: 15.50, PFR: 13.00, 3Bet Preflop: 2.63, Hands: 205)
    CO: 160.79 BB (VPIP: 42.76, PFR: 30.34, 3Bet Preflop: 5.56, Hands: 149)
    BTN: 81.04 BB (VPIP: 35.71, PFR: 24.29, 3Bet Preflop: 5.41, Hands: 72)
    SB: 116.94 BB (VPIP: 21.91, PFR: 17.98, 3Bet Preflop: 10.59, Hands: 182)

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has K K

Hero raises to 3 BB, MP calls 3 BB, fold, fold, fold, fold

Flop: (7.5 BB, 2 players) 3 T Q
    Hero bets 5 BB, MP raises to 13.5 BB, Hero calls 8.5 BB

Turn: (34.5 BB, 2 players) 2
    Hero checks, MP bets 25.5 BB, fold

MP wins 32.95 BB
    I think we can fold the flop, the only thing I really see him doing this with which we are even close to is like AcQc (maybe some AcQx), or maybe 205 hands isn't a big enough sample to be drawing conclusions as strong as that, but I still think it's a pretty easy fold.
    Yeah I think I agree. Also, we have the Kc, and a 16/13 doesn't flat many hands that are draws from these positions. Seems like his range is therefore just TT 33 possibly some QQ and then a % of air that is likely very small indeed.
    He seems to be a nit pre, but how can we be sure he can't exploit us with his image post? What's his AF and fold to cbet? Pretty relevant imo. He probably folds 33 pre.

The problem with calling the flop raise is I doubt this nutter has many hands in his pfc range that he'll turn in to a bluff. Even if he does have AQ, and not a set, he's certainly going to fire again and that sucks. By calling the flop raise, we're basically hoping all his worse hands are a big part of his range, which they're not, and he'll check back the turn and try to get to showdown with. I probably wouldn't play it any different because OMG I'm being exploited and I has Kings... but he's a nit and hindsight tells me just fold the flop.
    Yeah I think just folding here is easily the best way to play these spots until we have more idea what his range and barrelling frequencies are.
    KJ is discounted, AK of clubs is discounted, QQ+ are out as we would expect a 3bet preflop,so his range is 22-JJ,QJs,AQ,AQs and some other suited broadways. after flop raise I think he his range is something like 33,TT,QJclubs,AQclubs which we have 25% equity against. pot odds say flop call isn't bad vs. that range but turn is a def. fold. NH sir

after reading everyones responses after I responded I think fours is right in the sense villain probably folds 33 pre, prolly more realistic is him folding 22-55. so if we take away those and add in QTs that I forgot to add in before our new equity on the flop is 31%. still calling flop, turn equity is 23% so stil folding.
    Last edited by acg123; 09-04-2013 at 05:55 PM.
    "The harder you work, the luckier you get." ~ courtesy of my fortune cookie from china king

"One of the best pieces of advice I've ever read in this forum was three words long...

bet fucking fold." Ong