Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Blogs and Operations

Operation Don't Be Fat Ass

Default Operation Don't Be a Fat Ass

Link to my last operation.

Well, it's time. I just hit 240 pounds. I'm 6-3 but still, it's starting to get outta hand. I'm making another trip to Vegas on June 3 so I'm using that as my target date to lose 15 pounds. I imagine I'll gain 5 back while I'm there, but whatever.

That's 3 weeks and 15 pounds lighter. And yes I know it's going to be a hell of a fight, but I've done it before. No really, I have.

Eat less, but more often. I'm trying for 6 meals per day between 100-300 calories each. Lots of protein and fiber. Absolutely no sugar or empty carbs (ie - bread, taters). Drink lots of water, no soda pop or other sugary shit. Workout twice per day, mostly fast-paced cardio mixed in with some walking and some basic weight training (not too heavy).

Ok, gogogogogo.
    Last edited by OhioRounder; 05-14-2010 at 01:13 PM.
    If you honestly stick to that stuff in the 3rd paragraph the whole time religiously i'd be shocked if you only lost 15 lbs. gl
    That's how winners play; we convince the other guy he's making all the right moves.
    I've read through some of the other fat club threads in here, good stuff. I'm all about short-term goals since they're easier to reach and I can see results so much quicker.

First day went well, although I'm a little sore after jogging 3 miles and walking nearly another yesterday. I drank only water, and ate a banana, can of tuna, turkey bacon, 2 eggs and a 100-cal granola bar. I really wanted to hit the snack cupboard before bed but held out. Of course the wife had the balls to ask if I wanted ice cream - "absolutely not".

Then this morning I get to the office and there's a donut spread in the lobby. Jesus h christ. Yeah, how about I go dangle a porterhouse in front of a hungry lion. Same difference.

I had a packet of oatmeal this morning and only 1 cup of coffee. Nothing but water to drink now the rest of the day. I brought an apple for lunch <--- bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by OhioRounder View Post
    I had a packet of oatmeal this morning and only 1 cup of coffee. Nothing but water to drink now the rest of the day. I brought an apple for lunch <--- bullshit.
    Yea this won't work and is going to cause so many long term problems even after the diet is over.
    I meant nothing but water to "drink"... of course I'm going to eat more than just an apple. Or is this not what you're talking about?
    I think he's saying you're looking at this as a crash diet and will probably gain the weight after you lose the weight and get off this diet.
    That's how winners play; we convince the other guy he's making all the right moves.
    Eating very low calorie diets that include carbs and cardio are going to destroy your existing muscle. Your metabolism may drop to a point of not ever bouncing back properly. If your going to eat very low cals, then eat nothing but lean proteins and drop the cardio. Whats the point in dropping 2000 cals a day and then doing cardio to add another 400 to the deficit? Eat protein, lift some heavy ass weight for muscle preservation, and forget cardio while you have very little glycogen to fill the muscles and liver anyway on either type of diet.
    Makes sense. Thanks for the tips. I'm looking at the next couple weeks as a crash course but I do want be more active and watch my diet properly afterward. I've just gotta get in the habit of a) not working 16 hours a day and b) not eating like shit all day long. I ran 2 miles today and now heading to the gym with my brother in law. Only gonna weigh myself every 5 days.
    Keep it up Ohio. Your #1 goal should be to get your wife on board. It's about 1000% easier if she's into you doing this, not screwing with you.
    Donk Skills:
    #1 The bluff call
    #2 The Drawing-Dead Value Bet
    __________________________________________________ _____________
    "What we do in life echoes in eternity."
    Maximus Decimus Meridius - Gladiator
    GL I to am working on some weight issues so I will be checking in as a source of encouragement!
    "You start the game with a full pot o’ luck and an empty pot o’ experience...
    The object is to fill the pot of experience before you empty the pot of luck."

Quote Originally Posted by XxStacksxX View Post
    Do you have testicles? If so, learn to bet like it
    Ugh, laid brick and concrete all day. I'm sunburned and beat. I really gotta hand it to guys that do that shit for a living. I used to frame houses when I was in college but now I sit in a nice cushy office chair all day. Laying brick < Marketing Job = much easier on the back

Anyway... I'm grilling up some chicken with salad greens for dinner. Probably have a nice long session on Stars afterward. No way I'm going to Motown tonight.
    Down to 232. Feels good to lift again and actually get off my ass.
    Congrats good work! I'm tryin to lose weight for Vegas also, it's rough but 100% worth it
    BroadwayTables ID: 6pacshakur
    FT ID: Elvis Phreshly
    Quote Originally Posted by blake86 View Post
    Congrats good work! I'm tryin to lose weight for Vegas also, it's rough but 100% worth it
    2 weeks till WSOP in Vegas, gotta look good for the hookers, err, strippers, I mean... oh nevermind
    Quote Originally Posted by OhioRounder View Post
    2 weeks till WSOP in Vegas, gotta look good for the hookers, err, strippers, I mean... oh nevermind
    Haha yea I'm going memorial weekend to party (no gambling this time). Gotta look good at the pools for the drunk women
    BroadwayTables ID: 6pacshakur
    FT ID: Elvis Phreshly