Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Blogs and Operations

ebouenolike learns discipline and builds a roll

Default ebouenolike learns discipline and builds a roll

Yo, I've chucked a few bucks on Full Tilt a few times and always got mad after a suckout and chucked it all on one table of HU PLO and quickly lost it and been angry. Well I now decided that I was going to put some on and take it slowly and build a roll responsibly.

I put on $200 last week and swiftly went to 5NL and 5PLO and some mixed games and MTTS and had no focus and swiftly lost $20 pretty quickly. So I decided that I was to play STTs until I had the resources and skill for other games. I went on the $2 sit and goes and got back to $200 pretty quick, and then the $5s up to the $228 i have now, though I have just lost $10 pretty rapidly through some pretty sick drawouts (won't bore you).

So basically my mission is to build a roll and just to progress through the different STT levels and just have a secure roll and advance my play and strategy. I shall post how I've been doing and some key hands so people can tell me how badly/well I've played them and tell me to pull myself together after bitching about losing when a 2 to 1 favourite on the bubble.

Here are the cold numbers, I now have $228 roughly, and will play $5 SnGs until I have 40 buyins for the next level which on Full Tilt are the $6, so I guess around $250 or so. This is where I'm comfortable at the moment. I don't use/understand a lot of the software and am a bit of a tard when it comes to computers so bear with my vague reads and shitty hand recollections.

Thanks in advance, shall try to post every couple of days, understand this isn't that interesting, but it's useful to maintain a structure.
    gl, just stay foused and u'll be fine!
    "Whether he likes it or not, a man's character is stripped bare at the poker table; if the other players read him better than he does, he has only himself to blame. Unless he is both able and prepared to see himself as others do, flaws and all, he will be a loser in cards, as in life."
    thanks,

so I got pretty crushed today, just every pot felt i was flopping TPTK vs a set, or hitting a huge draw vs middle pair and missing etc, I am sure I ended playing VERY BADLY due to this, and logged off. Just never seemed to cash today, and when I got to 3 handed I'd have AQ and run into KK or AK like every time or something. I'm bitching, and I probably played bad too. Oh well another day I guess.

Bankroll now $215, so still easy rolled for the $5 sit and goes, but if i continue to run poorly and probably play badly, I will go down to the $2 at $200 to rebuild some confidence. Last night was bad as I was hardly awake and 1 tabling, not particularly profitable.

I am only now playing 2 tables, as I have no HUD or anything, and like to take lots of notes.
    played rush omaha and got it in good ish, straight vs 2 pair, the guy turned a full house, down $10. Then bubbled a $5 running AA into KK all in pre, K on flop, down $5.50. Just not going well atm. The bankroll is back at $200ish which while disappointing isn't a disaster. I will now strictly play no cash, however fun rush is. Just $2 sngs until I rediscover confidence and a little run good. I will move to 5$ when i feel better in my game, and dont expect to lose all hands, will study sngs more and post some examples and see if it helps.