Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumWerewolf Village

WW JK9 game thread

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Default WW JK9 game thread

Good morning, villagers.

As night wanes and the village slowly comes to life, there's someone missing.
    MMM is nowhere to be found, but an inspection of his home shows he was quite obviously attacked and eaten by some terrible creature on the night prior.
    Your village has been invaded by Werewolves!
    :WW:

Welcome to the game!

Our players are:
    1 baudib
    2 OngBonga
    3 Luco
    4 dwarfman3
    5 Poopadoop
    6 monstrman
    7 BennyLaRue
    8 oskar
    9 jackvance

The format for the game is JK9. Here is a link to the MafiaWiki with the rules and setup.
    There are 2 wolves.
    There are 5 Vanilla Villagers and 2 Village power roles (PR).

D1 begins on Monday, August 19 at 11:00 PM UTC.
    D1 ends on Friday, August 23 at 10:59:59.99 PM UTC.

N1 begins on Friday, August 23 at 11:00 PM UTC.
    N1 ends on Monday, August 26 at 10:59:59.99 PM UTC.

When submitting any last minute votes or whatnot, keep in mind that I use the objective timestamp on the post in whatever forum (FTR or QT) as the time of that post. Late votes will not be counted.

IF a majority vote is reached earlier than the appointed Day or Night phase is scheduled to be over, the game will simply pause until the appropriate time.
    E.g. if there's a majority vote to lynch {player} on a Thursday, I will ask everyone to stop posting in the thread, and to wait for the End of Day (EOD) post describing the outcome on Friday evening.
    When the game is paused, I will ask that everyone refrain from posting in the game thread or in the wolf den QT.
    This is contrary to how we ran games in the past. I'm doing this to hopefully better accommodate the fact that we're not mostly online poker junkies anymore, but professionals and family folks.

There will be a "dead thread" QT.
    I will be posting the roles of all kills in the EOD or SOD posts.
    It is customary to make the wolf thread public after the game is finished, and IMO, it's good for the game, so I will do so.

Once the game has started, please direct any game / rules questions to me via FTR PM. If I am asked the same or quite similar questions by more than one person, I will clarify the rule(s) in a post in the game thread for everyone to see.

If a majority of votes is reached when I am not online to react, please do me a solid and behave as though the game is paused until I can step in and move it forward. I.e. no posting in the game thread during any pauses or during night time.

End of first post prior to any edits.
    You can find any pattern you want to any level of precision you want, if you're prepared to ignore enough data.
    Game on.

I'll be editing this post over time to reflect the major actions of the game, i.e. who's died and what their role was.

Any rules clarifications that are needed will be posted here, as well.

1) DO NOT BOLD MORE THAN ONE PLAYER IN ANY SINGLE POST.

2) DO NOT EDIT ANY POST IN THIS GAME THREAD

3) DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD IF YOU ARE DEAD.

SUBSTITUTION
    dwarfman3 is mod-killed and Spacecamp is subbing in.

LYNCHES AND NOMS

D1: oskar was a Vanilla Villager
    N1: BennyLaRue was the Village Tracker

D2: baudib was a Werewolf
    Last edited by MadMojoMonkey; 08-30-2019 at 05:03 PM.
    You can find any pattern you want to any level of precision you want, if you're prepared to ignore enough data.
    Good morning!

It is D1.

*spoiler*
    No one has died.
    I had a n0 peek of OngBonga wolf.
    Playing big pots at small stakes.
    Fun fact - I haven't opened my role pm yet. I'm not going to now in case he's right. That way I can't hang my buddy by saying something stupid.

Haha!
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
    I checked, obviously. Needless to say, I'm not a wolf.

lynch jackvance

Wolfy af
    ongies gonna ong
    Aroooooooooooo's it going guys?
    Congratulations, you've won your dick's weight in sweets! Decode the message in the above post to find out how to claim your tic-tac
    I've played a fair bit on Mafia Universe these last few years, but god damn I have missed FTR werewolf
    Congratulations, you've won your dick's weight in sweets! Decode the message in the above post to find out how to claim your tic-tac
    Haven't played this game for years. Good times.

I do remember a good strategy is to promise as a village policy to lynch the low content/low volume people in the beginning, to force everyone to talk a lot and be out in the open. This can let wolves make mistakes and give us something to come back to later on in the game to figure out who the baddies are by their shifting allegiances. So I propose we do that.
    Fuck me did I bink a wolf already?

Luco and baudib villagers. Luco might aroo as a wolf, but probably not. Day one pass. Baudib as a wolf probably wouldn't come swinging for me in his firs post because we argue like children. Seems more likely he's trying to get a read on me.

Jack's post is both wolfy and villagery. Wolfy because wolves want to get inactive villagers lynched with minimal fuss, villagery because we can't allow wolves to stay quiet.

On that note, bigred has done more already this game than last time he actually played. Probably.
    ongies gonna ong
    Oh yeah! Poop is playing!

lynch poop
    ongies gonna ong
    Somehow Ong is the most villagery person on this page.

Lynch poop

Ok see ya tomorrow
    Lynch Ong so he can focus his intellect on the Brexit thread, where it's needed.

Also Lynch baudib 'cause he's just not trying.
    Haha epic first post.

You can only vote for one person at a time. I imagine your vote is technically on baudib, because it's the last vote you made.
    ongies gonna ong
    I'll add one thing poop... let's not directly refer to our conversations in other threads, since it has the potential to derail the game, and not in a good way. Me and baudib will inevitably throw a whole lot of shit at each other at some point, but at least it will be game related, potentially giving useful information to villagers.
    ongies gonna ong
    I find you both equally suspicious.

Imma going GTO on this one and flipping a coin.

Hold my beer.
    It's tails. I vote to Lynch Baudib.
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    I'll add one thing poop... let's not directly refer to our conversations in other threads.
    ok, deal
    Quote Originally Posted by poop
    I find you both equally suspicious.
    If you're a villager, this is healthy. Everyone is suspicious until confirmed as villager.

Oh and you can undo your vote like this...

rescind poop
    ongies gonna ong
    Hey oskar, what's up?

lynch oskar
    ongies gonna ong
    I don't know monstrman. That's already suspicious. I want to hear from him. Let's see if this helps.

lynch monstrman
    Did I died?
    My first instinct is to vote dwarfman because there can only be one man in this game

And he is a monster

And also me

And voting you

Yes.

lynch Dwarfman3
    Come at me wolves, I just got out of a terrible game and plan to have another one

Free lynches no effort right here

<------
    Jack Vance's wolf equity is up 5% not because he's voting me but because the way he said he doesn't know me and that is therefore suspicious seemed both forced and lacking
    Oh good, I'm not the only spazz in town.
    ongies gonna ong
    It is early D1, I appreciate the joke, but for clarity's sake,

DO NOT BOLD MORE THAN ONE PLAYER IN ANY SINGLE POST.

Doing so will likely result in the post being ignored (for vote count purposes), but no other consequences.

Also, I'm being lazy about all the specific rules and conventions we once took for granted in an FTR WW game, but there are new players in this game, so I want to state at least one thing:

DO NOT EDIT ANY POST IN THIS GAME THREAD

Doing so is considered cheating and will almost certainly result in a mod-kill.

These explicitly stated rules will be added to post #2 in this thread, as will any other additions or mod notes that I expect everyone to be aware of.

Oh, as for votes and EOD lynches. There's gonna be a lynch at each EOD. There is no need for a majority; "no lynch" is not an option.
    At the end of each game day, whomever has the most votes will be lynched. In the event of a tie, whomever reached (and held) that total first will be lynched.
    E.g. AAA gets up to 3 votes, then BBB gets up to 3 votes. As of now, AAA dies. AAA got to 3 votes first.
    If AAA loses and gains a vote, while BBB sits still on 3, then now BBB dies. BBB got to 3 votes first, as they "held" it longer.
    I.e. it's only the "final" time you get to the tie vote count that matters as far as "who got there first."

If a majority of votes is reached prior to EOD, then that "forces" EOD, and the person with a majority of votes will die. Majority means over 50% of players.
    I got monstr as a villager because I don't think he opens that way as a wolf. I'm not too worried about him.

Rereading the thread (it only took 5 minutes) has me wondering if Ong reading me as a villager is a good thing or not.

Jack slightly villagery.

Luco and Poop both null.
    I'm village reading poop based on the cut of their jib and nothing else

In the past this read has served me well due to variance so trusting it now seems like an average play.

Let's do it!
    eyyy, monstr is here and prob V

Quote Originally Posted by monstrman View Post
    Jack Vance's wolf equity is up 5% not because he's voting me but because the way he said he doesn't know me and that is therefore suspicious seemed both forced and lacking
    I agree with this.

Poops seems ok. mayyyyybe baud too.

Ong gonna ong. I know he's capable of that chatty goofy style in either alignment but I only have him as 48% v tho

Still three to check in, get yo asses in here
    How did gabe not get in on this smh my head
    I want to vote benny, so I am going to vote benny

lynch benny
    This thread desperately needs more posts
    This thread desperately needs more posts
    Here's one.
    ongies gonna ong
    Quote Originally Posted by jackvance View Post
    Haven't played this game for years. Good times.

I do remember a good strategy is to promise as a village policy to lynch the low content/low volume people in the beginning, to force everyone to talk a lot and be out in the open. This can let wolves make mistakes and give us something to come back to later on in the game to figure out who the baddies are by their shifting allegiances. So I propose we do that.
    Wha???? Classic wolf first post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luco View Post
    I want to vote benny, so I am going to vote benny

lynch benny
    Seems like that would be an unproductive idea. Unless you're a WOLF.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMojoMonkey View Post
    *spoiler*
    No one has died.
    What's that smell coming from Ong then?
    Is 4 posts in a row more wolfy or less wolfy?
    Yes! Benny is here!

Wolfy as fuck, lynch benny
    ongies gonna ong
    Quote Originally Posted by BennyLaRue View Post
    What's that smell coming from Ong then?
    Ha ha ha
    Around 48 hours of the day left. We kind of need to move along from fucking about to lynching somebody.

Last one to post out of oskar and dwarfman gets my vote.
    ongies gonna ong
    Wolfy as fuck
    Villagers fuck too, yo.
    I don't trust a man with a glorious moustache. He'd no doubt be thinking about nailing my wife, if I had one.
    ongies gonna ong
    I don't trust a man with a glorious moustache. He'd no doubt be thinking about nailing my wife, if I had one.
    That's a good point. Unrelated to the game, but astute.
    I'm going to bed. No way am I leaving my vote on benny while I sleep, and luco is suspicious for doing exactly that. It's not out of the question he could get speed lynched by the noobs, five votes will lynch.

rescind benny
    ongies gonna ong
    So we have two people who didn't post yet. I'm not sure how to interpret that in 2019 FTR. As a deliberate strategy of a wolf it would be a shitty thing to do. And as a villager, why wouldn't you post? Then again, Monstrman posted a record 13 minutes after I bolded him, so some motivation always seems to help to overcome 'shyness'.

I had a look at the profiles of Oskar and Dwarfman3. It shows 'last online'. That's public information and allowed right -I didn't see anything in MMJ's rules posts about it so I assume it's fair game. Oskar was online today, so he should be posting here. But dwarfman3 hasn't been online since 8/8. That sucks.

I was planning to bold oskar but I need to think a bit more. Drink my morning coffee. For now -

rescind monstrman
    I'm going to bed. No way am I leaving my vote on benny while I sleep, and luco is suspicious for doing exactly that. It's not out of the question he could get speed lynched by the noobs, five votes will lynch.

rescind benny
    I'm struggling to believe that this is a genuine thought. Feels more like you're scratching around for a reason to shade me
    lynch luco
    ongies gonna ong
    luco and jack are the wolves.

gg
    ongies gonna ong
    So much for the day 1 pass for luco

Quote Originally Posted by luco
    I'm struggling to believe that this is a genuine thought. Feels more like you're scratching around for a reason to shade me
    If benny is a villager, that's the nut best lynch for the wolves on d1. luco should know this.

I don't like luco leaving his vote on someone so strong for no reason as we approach the point where someone gets lynched.
    ongies gonna ong
    Oh noes a vote, I might get speed lynched by the noobs
    Feels more like you're scratching around for a reason to shade me
    luco should also know that I look for reasons to shade everyone. That's how I play ww, as villager or wolf.
    ongies gonna ong
    I found footage of Benny getting speed lynched:

Poor Benny, he never stood a chance
    2/5 is three votes from lynch. I didn't want to risk leaving my vote on someone I don't want lynched.
    ongies gonna ong
    Jacks' post is really weird. It betrays a tone of frustration. I think he's a wolf with oskar.

As a deliberate strategy of a wolf it would be a shitty thing to do.
    That doesn't seem like natural villager language. If either oskar or dwarfman are a wolf, it's not a problem, at least not from my villager pov. It's a problem if we get to final day with an complete unknown in the game. That's not something I'm concerned about just yet.

If I were a wolf with either oskar or dwarfman, I'd be concerned, maybe frustrated, especially if my buddy has been online.

I don't think we should lynch Jack today. Way too much of a loss if he's a villager. But if oskar turns out to be a wolf, this post of Jack's needs to be revisited.

I think today is a clear choice between oskar and dwarfman.

There's more chance of oskar participating, but there's also more chance he's a wolf, so I'll go for oskar.

lynch oskar
    ongies gonna ong
    luco is probably a villager and is just less paranoid about noob speed lynched than I am. It's just I'd have hated to wake up and see benny lynched with my vote on him.
    ongies gonna ong
    Ong is probably too active to be a wolf. Monstrman and Luco leaning slightly villagery. Need the silent people to come out and play.

lynch dwarfman3
    Bummer that 22% of the game didn't bother to show.

Luco, expand on your reason for wanting to lynch me, mmmkay? Because you felt like it is lame and wolfy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luco View Post
    I found footage of Benny getting speed lynched
    lol
    Early reads:

1 baudib - possible under the radar wolf, his first serious post was to declare Ong was a villager, which is pretty standard wolf to declare the obvious villagers as such to seem like a villager
    2 OngBonga - excited vanilla villager or damn good wolf
    3 Luco - lots of posts, lack of solid content and analysis = wolf
    4 dwarfman3 - is a motherfucker
    5 Poopadoop - if baudib is a wolf, Poop is a possible partner, first level wolf move is to vote for your partner early game
    6 monstrman - confused villager
    7 BennyLaRue - Villager, handsome, clever, now probably a wolf target given his soul reads
    8 oskar - motherfucker #2, being on the board and not poasting is possibly wolfy
    9 jackvance - giving me wolfy vibes with the whole, "this is what you do early, ldo". This is a numbers game. Villagers don't have a lot of numbers and we can't afford many mistakes.

Leaning toward voting luco and jack at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by BennyLaRue View Post
    Bummer that 22% of the game didn't bother to show.

Luco, expand on your reason for wanting to lynch me, mmmkay? Because you felt like it is lame and wolfy.
    I voted you out of boredom.

My actual lynch candidates for today are the no shows
    Benny: Pro Wolf: spelled 'posting' as 'poasting' as in looks like 'roasting' - means he is probably a wolf.

Either that or he can't spell.

Pro Villager: Apparently hasn't changed his avatar since 1985 - seems lacking in deceptive skills.

Oskar is suspiciously silent, but would a wolf do that?

Ong: too yappy to be a wolf. Unless he's a master wolf, but he's not clever enough for that.

The rest of you I don't really know so have no way of reading you, but I'm still suspicious of baud probably because he accused me right away based on Ong's accusation, which Ong makes against everyone. So yeah, no reason to change my vote at this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    Benny: Pro Wolf: spelled 'posting' as 'poasting' as in looks like 'roasting' - means he is probably a wolf.
    Oh, totally showing my age here - pretty standard for forum members from the late-aughts.
    Hey poop, you should read the last day of the last game. Not only will you get a good idea about how final day dynamics go, you'll also see how awesome a wolf I am.

Oskar is suspiciously silent, but would a wolf do that?
    Maybe. Wolves are more concerned about making mistakes than villagers are. You can't give someone village cred if they aren't posting, it can maybe be a wolf tell but in oskar's case it's impossible to tell because he's never played before (at least I don't think he has). He might just have looked at the thread and thought "what am I supposed to be doing?".

More to the point, if you put pressure on those who are quiet, then even if it's a villager, the wolves know they won't get away with being quiet.
    ongies gonna ong
    Hey poop, you should read the last day of the last game. Not only will you get a good idea about how final day dynamics go, you'll also see how awesome a wolf I am.
    Which thread was that?

Maybe. Wolves are more concerned about making mistakes than villagers are. You can't give someone village cred if they aren't posting, it can maybe be a wolf tell
    Yea but not posting at all seems like asking for it.

but in oskar's case it's impossible to tell because he's never played before (at least I don't think he has). He might just have looked at the thread and thought "what am I supposed to be doing?".
    Could be, especially if he were a wolf...

More to the point, if you put pressure on those who are quiet, then even if it's a villager, the wolves know they won't get away with being quiet.
    It's also more fun if people actually post lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by poop
    Which thread was that?
    https://www.flopturnriver.com/pokerf...-199533-5.html

Final day starts at post #357. It's quite a read, even from there, but for someone new to the game it might be useful. I'm the wolf, bear that in mind if you read through. That gives you an idea of what a wolf is trying to do... look villagery while finding reasons to lynch villagers.
    ongies gonna ong
    /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
    ***** Vote Count *****
    \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

on the block | # votes | who voted (in what post)

dwarfman | 2 | monstrman (23), JV (57)

Poop | 1 | baudib (12)
    baudib | 1 | poop (17)
    Benny | 1 | Luco (32)
    oskar | 1 | ong (55)
    This thread is too crazy can't keep up. Knock it off you spammers!
    Quote Originally Posted by baudib View Post
    This thread is too crazy can't keep up. Knock it off you spammers!
    68 posts in 4 days? Get the fuck out of here.

lynch baudib for offending me with such a low threshold for crazy.
    Lynch Benny for having a low threshold for recognizing irony.
    Was hoping one of oskar / dwarf would check in but oh well

lynch Oskar
    I always thought thunderdoming was pro wolf
    Baudib
    I always thought thunderdoming was pro wolf
    You're not wrong
    And Benny I suppose

But idk let's see it play out for the next little while

Or maybe no one will post again