Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumPoker News, Reviews, Tools

Daugherty and McEvoy's No-Limit Texas Hold'em

Default Daugherty and McEvoy's No-Limit Texas Hold'em

Has anyone read No-Limit Texas Hold'em by Brad Daugherty and Tom McEvoy?

There are very few books written specifically for no-limit Hold'em and I was wondering if this one is any good. I read about it in Card Player, but it was recommended by McEvoy in his own column, so that may not mean anything.

There are very few books written specifically for no-limit Hold'em and I was wondering if this one is any good. I read about it in Card Player, but it was recommended by McEvoy in his own column, so that may not mean anything.

Just picked it up along with Super System. Seems pretty Mickey Mouse, although they give a lot of sample hands stressing play on the flop. So far I've just skimmed it, will write some more after a reading it in full.

OTOH, Super System is very interesting. Maniac with a brain. Lots of good stuff there, but difficult to digest and sometimes seems inconsistant. I'll probably put together a write up on it...
    As always, thanks, Fnord. Your review of the book(s) will be much appreciated.
    I started this book also, but haven't gotten far yet. Keep you all posted on what I think. Probably write-up a book review on it eventually.
    definitely interested in a review ttanaka, on a side note, has anyone read any books dealing with only tournament play? Heard T.J. Cloutier wrote the best one, his accomplishments are pretty amazing. I feel I do better at tournaments than at the cash games...
    Anyone ever find anything out about this book? I need to get some books, all ive read is winning low limit holdem which doesnt have anything to do with what i play now.
    {This post has been removed}