Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumPoker News, Reviews, Tools

Paradise Poker Low Stakes NL

lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

Default Paradise Poker Low Stakes NL

On another forum, somebody turned me onto the fish bowl that's over at the $10NL tables at Paradise. While the money is far from huge (.05/.10 blinds and $10max buy-in) it's a substantially easier game to beat than even $25NL at Party Poker. And if your bankroll doesn't meet the guidelines of 5x buy-in at Party, a $50 initial deposit +25% bonus will get you started comfortably.

And the players there are possibly some of the weakest and loosest I have ever seen. Lots of overcards with little unsuited rags get turned over for top pair or miracle straight draws, but you can usually get a couple callers when you have the nuts.

Just wanted to give some of you guys that might get a little scared to gamble on the $25NL tables at Party a heads up about Paradise.
    -jay

"i think the biggest leak in my game is using 2nd level thinking against players who can't think on the first level." -Renton
    gutshot - That's interesting that you are finding the players weak over at Paradise Poker. I started out there and I played both the .50/1.00 limit and $50 NL tables. I found the play to be MUCH better there than any of the other sites that I have since played (UB, Party/Empire). It could be that the fish are out at the $10 NL tables because that might be where the people just learning feel most comfortable playing. In any event, interesting info.
    "The urge to gamble is so universal and it's practice is so pleasurable, that I assume it must be evil." - Heywood Broun
    lemonade was a popular drink and it still is
    Quote Originally Posted by jmrogers7
    gutshot - That's interesting that you are finding the players weak over at Paradise Poker. I started out there and I played both the .50/1.00 limit and $50 NL tables. I found the play to be MUCH better there than any of the other sites that I have since played (UB, Party/Empire). It could be that the fish are out at the $10 NL tables because that might be where the people just learning feel most comfortable playing. In any event, interesting info.
    That's what I'm thinkin. They also have $2NL tables with a .02/.04 blind. If I can build my roll up enough then I may check out the $25NL tables later. Supposedly the $10 tables are relatively new compared to the $25 and $50 tables.
    -jay

"i think the biggest leak in my game is using 2nd level thinking against players who can't think on the first level." -Renton