Poker ForumFull Ring NL Hold'em

200nl - straight vs turn c/r paired board

Default 200nl - straight vs turn c/r paired board

Villain is 21/15, 3bets 6% (ip mostly) over 600 hands
    Fold to cb 60%
    We're 150bb deep.

I run 19/16 5% 3b, barrel 70/40

I feel pre his range is reasonably wide given our depth

Turn i dont think he'll c/r the board that wide as a bluff since a lot of hands can continue. I dont think his value range is very wide either since most Tx arent c/r the turn except for boated ones.

Whats our plan on the turn?

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
    NL Holdem $2(BB) Replayer
    SB ($218)
    BB ($321)
    UTG ($237)
    UTG+1 ($75)
    UTG+2 ($250)
    MP1 ($92.50)
    MP2 ($293)
    Hero ($331)
    BTN ($172)

Dealt to Hero J K

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $6, fold, fold, BB calls $4

FLOP ($13) T T 9

BB checks, Hero bets $8, BB calls $8

TURN ($29) T T 9 Q

BB checks, Hero bets $20, BB raises to $60, Hero ???
    Last edited by wakeup; 05-03-2011 at 04:51 AM.
    Well, if you shove you might have some tiny fold equity vs other KJ or flush draw, and since very few hands should be actually raising you on this turn (QQ,QT, 99, T9, TT, very brave KJ diamonds), fold seems like a decent option.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekrogovner View Post
    Well, if you shove you might have some tiny fold equity vs other KJ or flush draw, and since very few hands should be actually raising you on this turn (QQ,QT, 99, T9, TT, very brave KJ diamonds), fold seems like a decent option.
    Shoving to turn the nut straight into a bluff seems fucking atrocious. Do you have any idea about his 3bet bluffing range preflop? Does he like to 3bet hands like J8s or is his mostly value and SC? or Axs? That might help to construct some sort of preflop calling range for him here. Would this type of player raise Tx on the flop? I think you kind of have to call and reevaluate the river. It's certainly possible he has a combo diamond straight draw, Tx, and obviously FHs.

I agree that regardless what it is his range is pretty narrow so it's relatively close either way.
    [00:29] <daven> dc, why not check turn behind
    [00:30] <DC> daven
    [00:30] <DC> on my hand?
    [00:30] <daven> yep
    [00:30] <DC> because I am drunk
    [00:30] <daven> nice reason
    [00:30] <daven> no further questions
    [00:30] <yaawn> ^^Lol

Problem officer...?
    i think it's a clear fold. unless you think you can profitably call blank rivers or he gives up on rivers. given that you are deep this seems like a relatively easy fold. as i'd guess he's fucking around less, given your range can have more nuts here than his. also he has few hands that i think he's bluffing with given his line
    Quote Originally Posted by Donachello View Post
    Shoving to turn the nut straight into a bluff seems fucking atrocious. Do you have any idea about his 3bet bluffing range preflop? Does he like to 3bet hands like J8s or is his mostly value and SC? or Axs? That might help to construct some sort of preflop calling range for him here. Would this type of player raise Tx on the flop? I think you kind of have to call and reevaluate the river. It's certainly possible he has a combo diamond straight draw, Tx, and obviously FHs.

I agree that regardless what it is his range is pretty narrow so it's relatively close either way.
    Yeah i dont think we can ever shove as a bluff. I havent got any particular reads on the hands he 3bets or how wide c/r's. Interesting though, i dont think i fully thought about what hands he was 3betting
    Quote Originally Posted by reDZill4 View Post
    i think it's a clear fold. unless you think you can profitably call blank rivers or he gives up on rivers. given that you are deep this seems like a relatively easy fold. as i'd guess he's fucking around less, given your range can have more nuts here than his. also he has few hands that i think he's bluffing with given his line
    yeah agreed, tough foldin a straight tho
    yah, ur right theres not many hands that dont have SD value which he can blfuf with