Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFull Ring NL Hold'em

KK, big pot, turn Ace

Default KK, big pot, turn Ace

Villain is a 54/10 over 43 hands. Never see him 3bet or 4bet. I've seen him try and get trappy with a set ealrier, but nothing else of note. Ftcb 38%, Rcb 25%.

3b calling range is 77+, ATs+, AJ+.

When he calls my flop cbet I figure he has 88, JJ+, AhTh, AhQh, AJ.

When the Ace hits on the turn I want to cry.

I figure any bet from me folds out QQ, and once that's removed from his range I'm like a 6% dog so betting isn't an option. But as half my stack is in I'm looking for justification to not fold. Maybe my range is all wrong. Any thoughts?

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (9 handed) - Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG ($51.95)
    UTG+1 ($61.25)
    MP1 ($71.75)
    MP2 ($47)
    MP3 ($70.40)
    CO ($60.70)
    Button ($56)
    Hero (SB) ($58.30)
    BB ($53)

Preflop: Hero is SB with ,
    4 folds, MP3 bets $2, CO calls $2, 1 fold, Hero raises to $9, 1 fold, MP3 calls $7, 1 fold

Flop: ($20.50) , , (2 players)
    Hero bets $16, MP3 calls $16

Turn: ($52.50) (2 players)
    Hero??????
    Last edited by rong; 02-14-2011 at 09:09 AM.
    I'm the king of bongo, baby I'm the king of bongo bong.
    You're range is OKish range if it was a TAG
    For a 54/10 FISH 3bet calling range you'll need to add 22+, Axs, Kxs, Qxs and a lot more stuff like KTo, KQo, KJo, QTo, Q9o, etc.

As for the flop villain will continue with any 2 hearts he called the flop with + 9T, QT, Q9, 99, TT, Jx, 8x, 88, 66, JJ+. The only Ax hands he would call with on the FLOP would be Axs.
    You're pretty much OK on the turn. As we have only $33 left on a $52 pot I would jam and be pretty happy (he would easily call with Jx).
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy44 View Post
    You're range is OKish range if it was a TAG
    For a 54/10 FISH 3bet calling range you'll need to add 22+, Axs, Kxs, Qxs and a lot more stuff like KTo, KQo, KJo, QTo, Q9o, etc.

As for the flop villain will continue with any 2 hearts he called the flop with + 9T, QT, Q9, 99, TT, Jx, 8x, 88, 66, JJ+. The only Ax hands he would call with on the FLOP would be Axs.
    You're pretty much OK on the turn. As we have only $33 left on a $52 pot I would jam and be pretty happy (he would easily call with Jx).
    If he only raises preflop 10%, how can we add all that other crap into his range for raising & then calling a 3bet?
    My bad, I missed fish was the initial raiser. I thought he was just calling the 3bet.

However, he's still raising from the HJ position, so:
    77+, ATs+, AJ+. (from your post)
    But as he's a fish you need to add much more:
    22+, Axs+, 9Ts+, KQ, KJ, QJ
    (take a note this is based on 43 hands from villain, it can be wider or tighter).

As you can see there are still worse hands he can have on TURN and with $33 on a $52 pot it's a easy push. (He won't fold QQ either). You would be astonished to push and see that villain calls with T9 (and of course he hits ).
    you could b/f smallish then c/f rivers i suppose.
    also you can c/decide depending on what you think he will bet with.
    id probably lean towards the latter. there is merit to both though.
    I c/f to a $20 bet. That was pretty much what I was wondering, should I have b/f instead. But any reasonable bet had me committed.
    Due to the fact that we don't have specific reads, b/f here is not really good, I think. The only reasonable amount to bet fold would be $10 (eventually).

Stoving the following as villain's hands 66/88+/AJ+/Axhh/QJs, we have 35% equity. And this is an extremely tight range for a FISH.
    Therefore, as we don't know that much about villain, except he's a 54/10 (43 hands) and trapped on one hand, I cannot see any other option but a push.
    didn't realize stacks ignore me
    With the pot size/stack sizes I think bet/folding is pretty horrible. I would either shove here or check/call depending on if I think villain is capable of firing here with draws/air/jx sort of hands that he might not call a shove here. Given the pot/stack sizes though I think both bet/folding and check/folding are pretty bad here.

-Rizen
    Not really sure I understand your flop sizing. I'd bet 12ish on flop and jam any turn
    I planned to shove any non h or ace. Figured I was getting value from maybe 99, tt, def QQ, aj, plus any 2h.
    B/F Turn about $19. C/F River.
    Quote Originally Posted by paratrooper99 View Post
    B/F Turn about $19. C/F River.
    wat....you want us to bet 19 dollars and fold our remaining 14 if he shoves?
    shoving can't be terrible
    Last edited by caddie444; 02-20-2011 at 05:06 PM.

Don't complain; Just work harder - Randy Pausch (The Last Lecture)
    Quote Originally Posted by caddie444 View Post
    shoving can't be terrible
    What calls that I beat? Or are we shoving to avoid being bluffed off the hand?
    It's more of a function of how much you have behind vs how much is in the pot. We obviously can't formulate an accurate preflop range for him for calling a 3B due to sample size, so he could ostensibly show up with a wide range after he calls our flop bet. Both of these facts lead me to believe that shoving is better than other options

Don't complain; Just work harder - Randy Pausch (The Last Lecture)