Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumSmall Stakes NL Hold'em

Folded Top pair to check raise on the turn , am I beating much ?

Default Folded Top pair to check raise on the turn , am I beating much ?

Villain was Tagish , didnt play too many hands and would come in with a raise when he did play.

$0.01/$0.02 No Limit Holdem
    PokerStars
    4 Players
    Hand Conversion Powered by WeakTight Poker Hand History Converter

Stacks:
    CO ($5.21) 261bb
    BTN Hero ($4.84) 242bb
    SB ($2) 100bb
    BB ($2.63) 132bb

Pre-Flop: (0.03, 4 players) Hero is BTN
    CO raises to $0.06, Hero raises to $0.16, 1 fold, BB calls $0.14, CO calls $0.10
    Flop: ($0.49, 3 players)

BB checks, CO checks, Hero bets $0.24, BB calls $0.24, CO folds

Turn: ($0.97, 2)
    BB checks, Hero bets $0.47, BB goes all-in $2.23, Hero folds
    Final Pot: $3.67

BB wins $3.60 (net +$0.97)

CO lost $0.16
    Hero lost $0.87
    Check back turn. When we bet, we can't continue to a raise, and don't even like being called. Anything we beat is probably folding, except JT, while lots of his range now beats us, like QJ 7x and T9s. We're also drawing to beat his 7x and any sets he might have, so take a free river and see what he does. If river bricks and he checks, I guess we should check back and take a showdown. If he bets, it's going to depend on his size but it's hard to imagine what he can bluff with that he doesn't just check and hope to get to showdown with. A6s/A8s maybe?

Turn fold after being check/raised all in is the world's easiest fold. He has QJ or J7 here nearly always, probably QJ if he's a TAG. He beats 7x and wants to get called by it.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
    Your posting of hands without ranges is starting to be a bit concerning.

If nothing else, post your own ranges for each street. There's nothing that will accelerate your learning faster than to understand that it's not about hands, it's about ranges.
    You can find any pattern you want to any level of precision you want, if you're prepared to ignore enough data.
    Ill post hand ranges shortly, I just wanted to get the hands up I’m on my phone and super annoyed with villains bluffing me today
    Villains 3-bet pre flop calling range : 88+,A6s+,KJs-KTs,QTs+,JTs,ATo+,KJo+,QJo

Villain check calls the flop, I think he would raise with AA-JJ given the connected board. I give his check calling range TT-88,ATs+,A8s,A6s,KTs,QTs+,JTs,ATo+,KQo,QJo

for his check-raise on the turn I give villain

TT-88,ATs,KTs,QTs+,JTs,AcKc,AcQc,AcJc,AJo-ATo,KQo,QJo

He can have sets with TT,99, or 88. TT is less likely with 1 combo,

The Equilab gives me 42% on the range Ive given his shove which doesnt seem right im sure its less, I gave him hands like JT with open ended and top pair as well as AJcc with OESD, Nut flush draw and overcard. it that equity was anywhere near accurate .....

1.76 to call

pot+bet to call= $3.67+1.76= $5.43 $1.76/$5.43= 0.324

i need 32 % required and my equity is 42%. Im sure this isnt correct but im trying my best