Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!

Default Rivered

We played the other night at my house(Tuesday 23-Mar-2004). It was a 4 player cash game, me Tyson, Xianti and Bugger. I ended up making $15 in the end but it could have been much more.

I got rivered big time on a large pot. I got Bugger to go all in against me pre-flop so we had $27 each in the pot. I turned over QQ and had a hunch that I was the big favorite. Sure enough, Bugger turned over A9 meaning he only had one over on me. I was very happy at this time, he would have to get a little bit lucky in order to beat me.

The flop was no help, the turn was cool. All I had to do was avoid 3 bullets on the river and the pot was mine. However, the Ace came on the river.

I broke the curse of having the host having a net loss for the night but I couldn't stop the bad luck from nailing the host.
    Just noticed this topic. Yeah. That was fun.
    I made $180 that night.

Remember that last hand? That was crazy.

Pre-flop, Bugger bets first. Tyson raises all-in. Eric folds. I call (all-in). Bugger calls (all-in).
    Bugger shows QQ.
    Tyson shows JJ.
    I show KK.
    (Eric shows he folded Ax).

Flop: Rags. Turn: Ace. River: Rag.

Three monster pocket pairs with only 4 players! That was wild.
    Sounds like fun. I wish you guys werent so far away. All my friends are too broke for any kind of action worth playing. It isnt worth my time to play like a couple dollar tournaments with them. I said 25 buy in and they are all like then you will just take all our money lol. Which hopefully I would but jesus. Well have fun taking each others money in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by BoondockSaint
    Well have fun taking each others money in the future.
    Wildest home game hand I've been in...

Work kamikaze NLHE game, 10 players $5 buy-in. 20 in chips. Blinds start at 1/2 and double every 20 hands.

First hand and the guy who's been kicking ass, won the last one and had a bounty placed on his head by the host raises. I look down at 88 and decide I've had enough of it and go over the top all-in to isolate (or at least that was the plan.) Tight player calls (uh oh), solid player calls (oh crap), initial raiser calls (eek)!

Raiser had AK, I had 88, next guy had TT and of course AA had to come along for ride. AA takes it down and runs over the table for an easy tourney win.

I think that was the last $5 buy-in we ever ran, now it's usually a $10 buy-in.