Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumSmall Stakes NL Hold'em

(2nl) 44 in BB, cc after passive nit opens BU, Turn bink..

Default (2nl) 44 in BB, cc after passive nit opens BU, Turn bink..

Winning Poker Network (Yatahay) - $0.02 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
    Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

SB: $3.39 (VPIP: 27.08, PFR: 18.75, 3Bet Preflop: 10.91, Hands: 149)
    BB: $1.83 (VPIP: 9.46, PFR: 5.41, 3Bet Preflop: 3.70, Hands: 74)
    UTG: $2.00 (VPIP: 20.00, PFR: 12.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 25)
    MP: $0.63 (VPIP: 69.23, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 14)
    Hero (CO): $2.33
    BTN: $2.00 (VPIP: 48.15, PFR: 32.91, 3Bet Preflop: 9.68, Hands: 82)

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.03) Hero has 4 4

fold, MP calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.08, fold, fold, BB calls $0.06, MP calls $0.06

Flop: ($0.25, 3 players) K K T

BB checks, MP checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($0.25, 3 players) 4
    BB bets $0.18,???

pretty nitty dude here . his ATTtoST is only 17% cbet is like perfect 1/3 so maybe he's almost never bluffing the flop. when he raises im happy cause i m almost always gettin a free card, until Fishcago calls all ss'd i figure he'll donk me out.
    [F] nitter checks as expected, and s does fish, and 3-way so am I for sure.
    [T] so this is where i ask you guys if we always raise here , i don't think he fold KJ+ to a raise, very small% he's betting on a draw here. I think he's almost capesd at AA,KK,TT,KJ+ right?
    "We're all just a million little gods causing rainstorms, turning every good thing to rust...."AF
    Seems like an easy call, jam non Tx rivers. So many draws, you want him to catch up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay-Z
    I'm a couple hands down and I'm tryin' to get back
    I gave the other grip, I lost a flip for five stacks
    Fair to assume villain isn't likely to be a lag with this sample size, but he could still be tag. I've ran 9/6 after 100+ hands at some tables before but I'm quite loose on average. He has also 3bet once, so we can strip out KK+ from his range and at least a couple of combos of AK.

My first thought was that we should be piling money in to get all in on the river and I think that's fine. Villain can have:

3 combos TT that crush us
    4 combos KT that crush us
    16 combos KQ and KJ that will probably stack off
    0-8 combos AK
    Bunch of draws that will call a turn raise and may stack off on river

So we're way ahead of the majority of his stacking off range. He'll fold JJ/QQ to a raise probably.

If river is a brick or low club we can stack off comfortably. A non club Q or J should probably be a check back and 10x is a check back too.
    Quote Originally Posted by griffey24 View Post
    Seems like an easy call, jam non Tx rivers. So many draws, you want him to catch up.
    Wouldn't you rather extract some more from those draws on the turn and leave a pot bet behind on the river? A river jam over a bet would be relatively large too if we only call turn and I think this guy can probably find a fold on a paired board when he hits. If he does have a draw then he'll also miss on the river more often than not.
    minraise
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
    There are some draws that might not peel a turn raise (AJ/AQ), that we wouldn't mind sticking around.

Also if we raise turn,a lot of the draws call (ie we extract value) but then they c/f river when bricking. As opposed to when we call, they might bluff when they brick river, so I'm not sure if we necessarily get that much more value.

I'm more inclined to raise turn just cause he's bombing it and he seems/feels strong (kx?) and for that reason I might not want any of the flushes to come in and slow down action.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay-Z
    I'm a couple hands down and I'm tryin' to get back
    I gave the other grip, I lost a flip for five stacks
    I know i was forced to tighten up in LP in this sesh, cause of the btn, and the BB, The btn was just relentlessly 3b'ing me when he was SB, but they both got nervous (btn,BB) when the hand went post-fl, but the BB nit seemed more competant post, maybe because he only really con't with a strong range.

I really expected him to be 3b/f oop, when he flatted I was suspicious, he knows that i know to get out of the way of his 3b, and he knows the mp fish is l/c like 100% behind him. so during the hand i was thinking he would be 3b mostly air, and some mid pp's maybe, Iput him mostly on TT+,ATs+,AQo+,KJs+, Maybe KQo, KQs, and maybe JTs, and 98s.

seem logical?
    "We're all just a million little gods causing rainstorms, turning every good thing to rust...."AF