Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Blogs and Operations

Keith gets Hyper Active

Default Keith gets Hyper Active

been playing HUsng's and sweated Imsavy the other night . Watched some coaching leak finders for hypers and have had a couple nights play.

Since I've got both HEM and PT4 decided to use the free coffeeHUD lite which is PT4 only. Playing the 1.50's at Stars at the moment. Using a seating script to register a new game as they fill FFFing quick trying to do it manually.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Any thoughts on the stats....vpip/PFR seems a bit on the high side.
    I'm clueless on HUSng's but good luck!

Also what's the main draw to HUSng's vs other games?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay-Z
    I'm a couple hands down and I'm tryin' to get back
    I gave the other grip, I lost a flip for five stacks
    I fancied a change. Been playing mainly 6max and thought i'd try a different form of the game.spent about a month playing 50:50s at stars and got bored with them. Started playing the HUSNG turbos but didn't get many games per hour, and then sweated imsavy the other night.

I've been tangling with Bankroll management issues today trying to decide what levels to move up and down at.Think i'm gonna go with 50 buyins for the next level to move up and if i drop below 30 buyins at the current level to drop back down which should give me 20 buyin shots at each new level.

$1.50's nominal starting bankroll 75$ move up to 3.50s at $175
    $3.50's move up to $7s at $350 drop back to $1.50's if below $105
    $7's move up to $15s at $750 drop back to $3.50's if below $210
    $15s move up to $30s at $1500 drop back to $3.50's if below $450

going to withdraw my stars roll back to these levels so that i can easily check where I am .
    Are you able to post the seating script, by any chance? Would be nice to have a back up option for registering games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fnord View Post
    Why poker fucks with our heads: it's the master that beats you for bringing in the paper, then gives you a milkbone for peeing on the carpet.

blog: http://donkeybrainspoker.com/

Watch me stream $200 hyper HU and $100 Spins on Twitch!
    http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...&postcount=719

script/ahk has to be run as admin and theres a line in the script that has to be edited to point to your stars log.o file. open the script with notepad to edit .

the settings i use with it are

auto reg and reg nest if full both ticked
    reg every 1 sec
    no of sngs to keep open 1
    limit total sngs 66 ( if you play a long session or want to play x games you set that with this option)
    limit total time off (if you want to play for an hour just set the number of minutes here)
    advanced
    close lobbies every 5 secs
    always start top of lobby tick

in the stars lobby i just have the registering tourneys showing in the buyin level i'm playing and sort them by number of players highest atthe top. I.e it takes the first game with a player sat already rather than sitting an empty table.
    When I open the script, I get super confused. Am I supposed to know how to change the options for the things you mentioned? Am I just a super noob?
    Why poker fucks with our heads: it's the master that beats you for bringing in the paper, then gives you a milkbone for peeing on the carpet.

Are you opening it in autohotkey?

If so it is really obvious :P
    Haha I didn't even do that for some reason, wtf. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by donkbee View Post
    When I open the script, I get super confused. Am I supposed to know how to change the options for the things you mentioned? Am I just a super noob?
    I have the script on the desktop and click on it to run it. If yours doesn't run like that you can right click on the script and select properties. On the general tab n the opens with line if it doesn't say autohotkey click the change button and then select autohotkey.

THen you just click on the desktop icon and it will run autohotkey for you and start up.
    Havent played any hypers for a few days , ground some 6 max the last two days to get some points in the bank to maintain silver and been watching hyper videos and working out my ranges at various stack depths. Still got some mid game ranges to do yet having done the early and late game stuff.

Then it will be time to test it out and see if the ranges suggested actually work at the micros.
    Last edited by Keith; 04-18-2013 at 07:48 AM.
    still accumulating points playing 6max up 6 buyins at 10nl last night and 5 buy ins at 16nl tonight.

fun hand of the night
    Poker Stars, $0.08/$0.16 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
    Poker Tools[/url] Powered By Holdem Manager[/url] - The Ultimate Poker Software[/url] Suite.
    CO: $37.96 (237.3 bb)
    Hero (BTN): $38.32 (239.5 bb)
    SB: $15.84 (99 bb)
    BB: $13.80 (86.3 bb)
    UTG: $12.80 (80 bb)
    MP: $7.60 (47.5 bb)
    Preflop: Hero is BTN with 6 6
    UTG posts BB OOP, UTG checks, MP folds, CO raises to $0.80, Hero calls $0.80, 2 folds, UTG calls $0.64
    Flop: ($2.64) 6 T J (3 players)
    UTG bets $2.56, CO calls $2.56, Hero calls $2.56
    Turn: ($10.32) 4 (3 players)
    UTG bets $9.44 and is all-in, CO calls $9.44, Hero raises to $34.96 and is all-in, CO calls $25.16 and is all-in
    River: ($88.96) 7 (3 players, 3 are all-in)
    Results: $88.96 pot ($1.50 rake)
    Final Board: 6 T J 4 7
    CO showed K A and lost (-$37.96 net)
    Hero showed 6 6 and won $87.46 ($49.50 net)
    UTG showed T A and lost (-$12.80 net)

CO was 83/48 over 70 hands and UTG was 83/21 over 24. all in all a great seat to be sat in .
    great hand, wtf was co doing on the turn lol
    Holy raise this flop 3-way ALL DAY. Any card above a 9 or a club is a meh bad turn card. Besides you have a lot of combo draws on this flop so you need strong hands in your raising range on this flop.
    Quote Originally Posted by teddytalks View Post
    great hand, wtf was co doing on the turn lol
    Two overs, gutshot and flush draw!

What griffey said tho
    Yah just looking at this flop again and it makes me so sad you didn't raise haha. You were GIFTED a hugely draw heavy board, and 3-way no less.

K26 rainbow - sure flat
    226 rainbow - sure flat
    6JTcc - raise raise, and expect to not be believed.
    I think some of the reason i didn't rase the flop was because I was so deep aganst the one guy with so many draws out there and that UTG had potted the flop and thought that by flatting, the pot on the turn would still let me get all in by the river and seeing the turn card cheaply would make losing a big pot less likely.

I didn't expect UTG to pot the turn , but once he did my raise was only a pot sized bet anyway.How much would you raise the flop to ? $6.50 i guess would let UTG shove without capping the betting .
    stayed grinding cash till the end of the month

also cleared a 20$ reload bonus and a 10$ stellar.
    took a shot at 25nl at the start of the month ...didn't go well after 5 buyins moved back down to 16nl and ran into coolers and dumped another 100$ . been grinding it out .

still at 16nl and had my first 100$ day today. cleared half the SCOOP reload bonus and a couple of stellar rewards. Hopefully on gourse to goldstar as well.

First $100 day ship it! Keep it up.
    should hit gold star for the first time after tomorrows session. nearly cleared the scoop bonus completely . fun hand of the night . joined this table and saw them play and show down two hands playing really fishy.

Poker Stars, $0.08/$0.16 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 3 Players
    Poker Tools[/url] Powered By Holdem Manager[/url] - The Ultimate Poker Software[/url] Suite.
    BTN: $9.84 (61.5 bb)
    SB: $4.16 (26 bb)
    Hero (BB): $16 (100 bb)
    Preflop: Hero is BB with A 5
    BTN calls $0.16, SB completes, Hero raises to $0.64, BTN calls $0.48, SB calls $0.48
    Flop: ($1.92) K 7 3 (3 players)
    SB checks, Hero bets $0.96, BTN calls $0.96, SB calls $0.96
    Turn: ($4.80) A (3 players)
    SB checks, Hero bets $2.56, BTN calls $2.56, SB calls $2.56 and is all-in
    River: ($12.48) 3 (3 players, 1 is all-in)
    Hero bets $11.84 and is all-in, BTN calls $5.68 and is all-in
    Results: $23.84 pot ($1 rake)
    Final Board: K 7 3 A 3
    BTN showed T K and lost (-$9.84 net)
    SB showed 5 J and lost (-$4.16 net)
    Hero showed A 5 and won $22.84 ($13 net)

both stacked and left table so only played that 1 hand on that table .
    Tards for sure. I'm not sure the iso or cbet is a good idea though Keith given their tard-ness.
    i expected them to fold to the iso , and then to the cbet , and then the ace hit so it was playing for stacks then .Without the ace it would have been check it down.
    I'd check A5s 3 handed in the BB most of the time. Our hand is strong enough vs both villains ranges that we really don't want to fold them out and it plays really well multiway. I'm also really aggro 3 handed so I like using good implied odd hands like these to bring down my bring down my pfr and look a little less maniacal.

If your gonna cbet this flop I'd make it bigger. You're giving SB a chance to play perfectly against you here.
    “Right thoughts produce right actions and right actions produce work which will be a material reflection for others to see of the serenity at the center of it all”

Put hero on a goddamn range part II- The 6max years

Quote Originally Posted by d0zer View Post
    start using your brain more and vagina less

Quote Originally Posted by kingnat View Post
    Members who's signature is a humorous quote about his/herself made by someone who is considered a notable member of the FTR community to give themselves a sense of belonging.
    Quote Originally Posted by supa View Post

If your gonna cbet this flop I'd make it bigger. You're giving SB a chance to play perfectly against you here.
    if i make it much bigger ,i'm pretty much committed to calling his shove. I was going for a cbet that was big enough to get them to fold their air but small enough that i didn't lose too much if they reraised.
    Yeah swings suck. I deposited €50 three days ago, ran it up to €250 in two days, in a mix of €20NL, €40NL and a bit of €50NL. Then yesterday swung down tp €26, taking a break today. Very small sample size of 3 days but it seems like playing after 1 o'clock swings me down. It looks like a case of 'can't hit a flop anymore' but maybe there are less bad players around (although it didn't look like it). Also I shouldn't play tournaments, €84 of the downswing was spent on tourney buyins (pretty out of my bankroll but I've scored high in those tournaments in the past, even won em once, so it's tempting). Keep improving
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    if i make it much bigger ,i'm pretty much committed to calling his shove. I was going for a cbet that was big enough to get them to fold their air but small enough that i didn't lose too much if they reraised.
    Didn't notice stack size (see most recent entry in my blog :P). Gives me more reason not to want to raise pre. I'd rather see a flop and start pushing chips around when we pick up some equity.
    “Right thoughts produce right actions and right actions produce work which will be a material reflection for others to see of the serenity at the center of it all”

Put hero on a goddamn range part II- The 6max years

Quote Originally Posted by d0zer View Post
    start using your brain more and vagina less

Quote Originally Posted by kingnat View Post
    Members who's signature is a humorous quote about his/herself made by someone who is considered a notable member of the FTR community to give themselves a sense of belonging.
    Mays graph in total. started the month at ~730 on stars and took a shot at 25nl. Moved back down to 16nl when roll hit 600 and roll carried on down to bottom out at 500 ish. did the scoop reload by withdrawing my FTP roll ($500)for 100$ of bonus money and deposited it ( not counting that in BR though as i'll be withdrawing it pretty soon). ground the rest of the month out and hit goldstar and roll back up to $700 with bonuses,stellars,and winnings. Goldstar let me cash my points in for 75$ taking me through my 750$ target for another shot at 25nl.

had 3 days play at 25nl now. with the following results. Seems to be an awful lot more TAGs about and fewer fish . seems to be more 3betting , and i think more bluff raises (but not sure about that).

stats for the 25nl second shot. Anything look out of place?

finished the month at~905 and got another 60 vpps to go for the first 50$ stellar so should hit that tonight and finished may with 3007 vpps in total.
    Looks like things are starting to go well at 25nl - keep it up!

Sample is too small for any decent analysis, but the stats are generally okay and the win rate very good. I'm always wary of stats analysis and take the view that there is more than one way to string a cat, but a few things stick out to me:

- large gap between your flop cbet and turn cbet as a result of a high flop % and low turn %. That makes sense as you're going to need to slow down on the turn, but you look like a prime candidate to float on a number of boards.

- cut off seems tight. I'm not a fan of flatting the CO either unless you are confident you won't get squeezed behind (unlikely, as a lot of 25nl players are squeeze happy)

- it looks like you may be auto cbetting and barrelling a bit too much in 3bp from the blinds with the initiative. 25nl players tend to be nut peddlers, so just be cautious.

- you fold a bit too much on the btn to a resteal.
    Also, more generally on 25nl on Stars:

- a lot of the regs are one and done types but some are two and done.
    - they also give everything away with their bet sizing and don't 3 barrell without the goods.
    - pot control becomes more important and also seems to induce a lot of spazzing out.
    - ABC is the order of the day, but adding D&E to your game will make you a decent winner as long as you aren't a tilt monkey. D&E doesn't need to be anything magical - just re-stealing appropriately and squeezing in good spots can make a big difference (which it looks like you are doing).
    Last edited by The Bean Counter; 06-01-2013 at 10:11 AM.
    just put in another +100$ session and cleared ythe next stellar bonus for another 50$, so Stars BR is now at $1055
    Best day so far ...was up $200 but finished at +153$

this is the overall second shot at 25nl. not sure if i'm just on a heater or playing better. this time last month i was moving back down at 600$ .....BR today closed at $1209
    fun hand from the other day. villain was very aggro.

Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 3 Players
    Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $46.24 (185 bb)
    BTN: $25 (100 bb)
    Hero (SB): $65.09 (260.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K Q
    BTN folds, Hero raises to $0.75, BB calls $0.50

Flop: ($1.50) T K 5 (2 players)
    Hero bets $1, BB raises to $2.75, Hero calls $1.75

Turn: ($7) T (2 players)
    Hero checks, BB bets $5.07, Hero calls $5.07

River: ($17.14) T (2 players)
    Hero checks, BB bets $37.67 and is all-in, Hero calls $37.67

Results: $92.48 pot ($1 rake)
    Final Board: T K 5 T T
    BB showed J 4 and lost (-$46.24 net)
    Hero showed K Q and won $91.48 ($45.24 net)
    Good job, keep it up!
    100 billionth hand just hit at stars. everyone at the same stake and table type took a share of the available prizemoney. Average prize was 84$ according to lee jones on the winning hand table. I was on 14 tables acros 2nl->25nl FR and 6max .. and cos couldnt get on $ tables was on quite a lot of euro tables.

Hand hit on a 5nl 6max euro table meaning

think i could well have been on 2 or 3 tables and earnt lots of vpps on them ....not sure how they calculated it though#
    so as a result of the above ....moved up to 50nl

bit of a relief to actually book a winning session. played a lot tighter than normal though.
    You lucky bastard :P

I was playing HU hypers (FOLLOW YOUR FUCKING THREAD NAME!!!! :P) and when I saw the table was 5nl and they were sharing it across everyone playing 5nl I nearly cried

Anyway, nice one on the winning session and gl at 50nl.
    I've got a feeling that playing the fifty fiftys and HU hypers did a power of good for my 6 max game just from taking a break and getting out of a rut. concentrating on an alternative version of the game , i've come back to 6max and left a lot of my old game behind and starting to think better about poker rather than auto piloting through a hand.

to a certain extent exemplified by getting on a range of currency and stake tables rather than trying to get on as many as possible at one stake, to put myself in a better position to take a share of the prizemoney.
    Thinking about it paid off compared to autopilotting and adding tables without thought.
    Last edited by Keith; 06-14-2013 at 04:33 PM.
    this is a scary thought. this was my screen near the end of todays session. money on the table was bigger than my total stars roll just over a month ago.

this is 50nl so far , running nearly 3 buyins below all in ev but starting to get a feel of how it plays.

fun hands of the day

villain 24/21

Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players

MP: $72.90 (145.8 bb)
    CO: $50.44 (100.9 bb)
    BTN: $48.68 (97.4 bb)
    Hero (SB): $176.13 (352.3 bb)
    BB: $61.23 (122.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T T
    MP raises to $1.50, CO folds, BTN calls $1.50, Hero raises to $4.50, BB folds, MP calls $3, BTN calls $3

Flop: ($14) 9 J Q (3 players)
    Hero bets $6.50, MP calls $6.50, BTN folds

Turn: ($27) K (2 players)
    Hero bets $13, MP calls $13

River: ($53) A (2 players)
    Hero bets $50.50, MP calls $48.90 and is all-in

Results: $150.80 pot ($2.50 rake)
    Final Board: 9 J Q K A
    MP mucked A K and lost (-$72.90 net)
    Hero showed T T and won $148.30 ($75.40 net)

bet he wished he hadn't played it slow preflop.

-------------------------------------------
    villain 35/12 which is [robably the main reason for calling his raise together with already being pot comitted.

Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players

CO: $50.33 (100.7 bb)
    BTN: $50 (100 bb)
    SB: $48.75 (97.5 bb)
    Hero (BB): $91.80 (183.6 bb)
    UTG: $50 (100 bb)
    MP: $52.85 (105.7 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A A
    3 folds, BTN raises to $1.15, SB calls $0.90, Hero raises to $5, BTN folds, SB calls $3.85

Flop: ($11.15) 9 4 6 (2 players)
    SB checks, Hero bets $7, SB calls $7

Turn: ($25.15) 5 (2 players)
    SB checks, Hero bets $15, SB raises to $36.75 and is all-in, Hero calls $21.75

River: ($98.65) K (2 players, 1 is all-in)

Results: $98.65 pot ($2.50 rake)
    Final Board: 9 4 6 5 K
    SB showed A 9 and lost (-$48.75 net)
    Hero showed A A and won $96.15 ($47.40 net)
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    villain was 24/22 but was 3betting my steals a ton and i was 4betting him regularly and he was folding.his 3bet was 19% his 4bet was 33% and his fold to 4bet was 79%

SB: $100.40 (200.8 bb)
    BB: $159.47 (318.9 bb)
    Hero (MP): $142.77 (285.5 bb)
    CO: $50 (100 bb)
    BTN: $62.14 (124.3 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 2 2
    Hero raises to $1.50, CO raises to $4.50, 2 folds, BB calls $4, Hero calls $3

Flop: ($13.75) 2 5 9 (3 players)
    BB checks, Hero checks, CO bets $7, BB folds, Hero calls $7

Turn: ($27.75) K (2 players)
    Hero checks, CO bets $10.50, Hero raises to $21.50, CO raises to $38.50 and is all-in, Hero calls $17

River: ($104.75) J (2 players, 1 is all-in)

Results: $104.75 pot ($2.50 rake)
    Final Board: 2 5 9 K J
    Hero showed 2 2 and won $102.25 ($52.25 net)
    CO showed 9 K and lost (-$50 net)
    Last edited by Keith; 06-15-2013 at 09:32 PM.
    1) Flop you bet small. Are you jamming over a raise?

3) Thinking about your entire range, turn has to be a call. There are tons of hands that might want to call here and very few that will be raising or should be raising. Why would you want to blow him off AK/AJ or any air?
    Quote Originally Posted by griffey24 View Post
    1) Flop you bet small. Are you jamming over a raise?
    that was actually a F**K up on my part . I was going on the "easy to get all in with half pot bets each street in a 3bet pot" without actually working out the implications and allowing for the fact we were 145bb deep instead of 100bb deep. As for what to do if he'd raised , would probably have just called (depending on his sizing) and reevaluated the turn simply because of being 150bb deep and to a certain extent still playing slightly scared money,so that i can get hands under my belt and experience of how 50nl plays without gambling too much with my "shot" bankroll. at the time i was probably still around the 5 buyin shot roll before moving back down.
    3) Thinking about your entire range, turn has to be a call. There are tons of hands that might want to call here and very few that will be raising or should be raising. Why would you want to blow him off AK/AJ or any air?
    Thats actually a good point and probably something I'm gonna have to start really thinking about.25nl and below i've more or less only been concerned with how well my cards hit the flop, and how well i think the villains range has hit the flop. I really need to start adding the next levels and thinking about how villain is going to perceive how well my range has hit the flop.

I think my rationalisation at the time would be that I could get value from his AQsAJs with their flush draws which wouldnt call a river bet if they whiffed, his AK was likely to call or shove over. Making my raise just over a minraise was intended to let him call or shove over. Also ....if I flat it leaves roughly a pot sized bet on the river , do you check the river and shove over any bet or bet out and hope he calls?
    actually , on the scared money theme , it influenced my thinking on these coupple of hands

hand 4
    co 20/17/8.5 3bet
    MP 19/12/4.8
    SB 29/11/4.8

Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players

BTN: $50.50 (101 bb)
    SB: $81.43 (162.9 bb)
    BB: $20.50 (41 bb)
    Hero (UTG): $236.72 (473.4 bb)
    MP: $50 (100 bb)
    CO: $90.45 (180.9 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 6 6
    Hero raises to $1.50, MP calls $1.50, CO raises to $6, BTN folds, SB calls $5.75, Hero ???

getting a good price to call and setmine but hated the fact that i'm not closing the action. could face either a raise or shove after me yet and 66 I didn't feel was strong enough to face that sort of action so folded . was it correct decision.?

hand 5

3bettor was 20/17/ 8.5% 3bet
    shortie shover was 26/23/10.8 %3bet

SB: $66.70 (133.4 bb)
    BB: $20 (40 bb)
    Hero (MP): $235.93 (471.9 bb)
    CO: $52.11 (104.2 bb)
    BTN: $150.38 (300.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A K
    Hero raises to $2, CO folds, BTN raises to $6, SB folds, BB raises to $20 and is all-in, [color=grey]Hero ???
    hated this situation ...didint really fancy getting it all in 300bb deep pre , which is a risk if i raise that i get shoved on if i raise or called if i shove,and could get shoved or reraised if i flat the shorties shove. Heads up with shortie its a no brainer call. this deepthough and relatively little invested i folded but not sure if it was the best play.
    50nl so far....would be better if i wasn't running under ev and had bad session day before yesterday when i counldn't hit a thing and bad end to last nights session.

66 hand - I generally call 3b if I'm getting > 15x effective. I think overall this might be slightly -EV, but I'd rather expand my calling range a bit IP there and make their life difficult being OOP deep'ish.

AK hand - this seems like a reasonable spot to raise to $35-36 or so to iso the shorty (and is a spot you're never bluffing, since he's already all-in), and if you face heat I would fold.
    downswung and moved back down to 25nl at the end of june. 1st of july got a 10$ no deposit bonus on TItan and 300$ of pending bonus with a month to clear. Had cashed out a month or so earlier so decided to run that money up over the summer. Don't get much time for poker due to work commitments over the summer so played most of july on that 10$ then got fed up with the titan software and players and moved the roll over to stars. got up to 10 no and donked some off and then a couple of months off hardly playing. restarted at 2nl FR around 20th of october to knock off the rust and posted my session at another forum . got lol sample size comments and decided to do 10k hands at 2nl and then move up.

probably about 20k of 10nl between 35k and 55k then 11k of 2nl FR and the last bit is 5nl FR
    well made enough in the next session yesterday to move up so went through 5nl (19 buyins won at the tables and 20$ of promo winnings) in 2 and 1/2 days. break even ish session at 10nl FR to finish last night and then good session at 10nl today

these are the sessions since i started playing 2nl FR at stars on Oct22nd.

so won
    ~70$ in 6 days play at 2nl
    ~95$ in 2.5 days play at 5nl +20$ in the promo tourneys.
    this is all of 10nl hands in the challenge.

followed by graph for all 2nl , 5nl , and 10nl hands in the challenge.

already made 754 vpps this month so well on course to getting goldstar, and probably ~1400fpps on the challenge in total.