Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumSmall Stakes NL Hold'em

flop bottom set, snap fold flop?

Default flop bottom set, snap fold flop?

opener is loose-ish 19-16 high volume pro, his ranges by position are more statck than most. 60% cbet so he probably has a hand here.
    caller is 13-6-3 nit, 85% fold to cbet, 3% raise cbet, decent sample. I think his range is TT here. But I wonder about QQ+. Fold standard?

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (9 handed) - Full Tilt Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

MP2 ($25.66)
    MP3 ($29.46)
    CO ($25)
    Hero (Button) ($33.17)
    SB ($25)
    BB ($21.24)
    UTG ($89.84)
    UTG+1 ($25)
    MP1 ($24.84)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 4, 4
    UTG bets $0.75, 4 folds, CO calls $0.75, Hero calls $0.75, 1 fold, BB calls $0.50

Flop: ($3.10) 4, 10, 8 (4 players)
    BB checks, UTG bets $2.25, CO raises to $6.50, Hero ??,
    How can you write off Jd9d, AdTd, AdKd, JJ,QQ,etc.

It's almost always a mistake to fold a set OTF.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMojoMonkey View Post
    How can you write off Jd9d, AdTd, AdKd, JJ,QQ,etc.

It's almost always a mistake to fold a set OTF.
    Except the times you just know you're in a cooler situation yet call anyway.
    Someone who's this passive and still manages to play 13% of hands is probably flatting a wider range than you'd expect. He's probably not exactly abusing the button, yet 13% of hands preflop is 22+/AJ+/ATs+/87s+/KJs+. I don't know exactly what his flatting range IP to an EP open is, but I think there have to be enough combos of odd hands to offset 6 friggin combos. Where else is he getting his hands in?

We're flipping against TT/88/KQdd/QQ alone, and we have position.
    muckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
    Why call pre if we're folding to action when we hit?

Serious question.
    “Right thoughts produce right actions and right actions produce work which will be a material reflection for others to see of the serenity at the center of it all”

Put hero on a goddamn range part II- The 6max years

Quote Originally Posted by d0zer View Post
    start using your brain more and vagina less

Quote Originally Posted by kingnat View Post
    Members who's signature is a humorous quote about his/herself made by someone who is considered a notable member of the FTR community to give themselves a sense of belonging.
    See, this is why I don't play shitty pairs very often because of crap like this. OMG though I think I fold this, I'm such a nit.
    Quote Originally Posted by supa View Post
    Why call pre if we're folding to action when we hit?

Serious question.
    Set over Set is rare. Even if this is a fold, we assume that the 97% of the time that the action doesn't go bet->raise, we're in line to make some money. In fact, if villain is playing so predictably that we can get away from set-over-set (without too often making a mistake against worse hands), then the call preflop is even more profitable.
    I find a fold here when I'm playing well. When I'm playing my usual auto-pilot, I get the money in way behind and then wonder why.

We can kid ourselves that villain plays combos that don't have us crushed in the same manner (thus turning a fold into a stack-off) and we can also work on the rule that we should never fold a set otf, but we'd be making a mistake doing either imo given this villain's stats.
    Quote Originally Posted by surviva316 View Post
    Set over Set is rare. Even if this is a fold, we assume that the 97% of the time that the action doesn't go bet->raise, we're in line to make some money. In fact, if villain is playing so predictably that we can get away from set-over-set (without too often making a mistake against worse hands), then the call preflop is even more profitable.
    Yeah this.
    Folding sets is hard even on much worse boards but dont see you being in front like ever. Is co likely to flat Utg open with KK/aa. What if you had 88 still s fold?
    I think yr pretty baller uf you can chuck away a set when yr only beat by sets. All this makes co raise redic bad or super awesome
    i'm not sure i could fold here in the heat of full ring, but it's probably right too. I don't see the co raising the flop here w/ JJ+ w/ someone to act given davens read.
    "We're all just a million little gods causing rainstorms, turning every good thing to rust...."AF
    Quote Originally Posted by kickass View Post
    Folding sets is hard even on much worse boards but dont see you being in front like ever. Is co likely to flat Utg open with KK/aa. What if you had 88 still s fold?
    I think yr pretty baller uf you can chuck away a set when yr only beat by sets. All this makes co raise redic bad or super awesome

88 = GL me. shove.
    Quote Originally Posted by kickass View Post
    woot! kickass thinks i'm baller, he obv didn't notice this is 25nl

Quote Originally Posted by bikes View Post
    88 = GL me. shove.
    yeah, 88 is close and i'd get it in with fingers crossed
    88 is a very easy non fold, 44 is a fold. There's a huge equity difference between these two hands here imo. There's no way he plays TT this way and not 44.
    w t f guys

w t f

don't you know another 4 will make you quads?
    but seriously not trolling: he could just always raise turns/rivers with sets and be fos on the flop....
    Just dont see vilain having 44 which nakes 88&44 a fold I would obv never be good enough to make it even with solid reads