Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumSmall Stakes NL Hold'em

JJ 3way set deepish, flop/turn sizing

Default JJ 3way set deepish, flop/turn sizing

flop sizing? turn?

UTG is bad and loose-passive, 23-7, 45% fold to cbet. He has a stack cos he stationed a flush draw without pot odds and raised when he hit on the river. Once we get to the turn he can have hands he thinks he are nut = AA/AJ/A9/J9/99 here, he can have gutters and oesds, and he can have top pair only hands.
    Button is relative unknown 19-9 folds to cbets 4/7 so far, he was baby deep when i sat, and stacked someone when his TPTK+backdoor flush draw got allin on a flop vs two pairs.
    They perceive me as active I guess.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (7 handed) - Full Tilt Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

CO ($16.90)
    Button ($72.18)
    SB ($16.86)
    BB ($10.64)
    UTG ($45.70)
    Hero (MP1) ($43.27)
    MP2 ($33.57)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J, J
    UTG calls $0.25, Hero bets $1.10, MP2 calls $1.10, 1 fold, Button calls $1.10, 2 folds, UTG calls $0.85

Flop: ($4.75) J, 9, A (4 players)
    UTG checks, Hero bets $3, 1 fold, Button calls $3, UTG calls $3

Turn: ($13.75) 2 (3 players)
    UTG checks, Hero bets $????,
    First of all I'd raise a little bit bigger pre, if you think he'll call $1.10 why wouldn't he called $1.30 or more? You have position and he's weak passive seems the type of player you want to be building big pots against.

I'd be betting like $10.50 here with pretty much all my range, which would be pretty strong because I'm not cbetting the flop with much air because I don't imagine I have a huge amount of fold equity and my preflop range is going to be pretty strong in that situation anyway.

My preflop range, TT+, AJs+, AQo+, KQ

cbetting with JJ+, AJs+, AQ+, KQ

betting the turn with JJ, AA, AJs+, AQ+, KdQd, whether QQ & KK are profitable to bet with I don't know. I'd hazard a guess that they aren't, but I'm bad at poker so...

Shoving flop like 1000000000% regardless of card, bar maybe a 9.

edit - Also VV (what eug said about bigger on the flop)
    Last edited by Savy; 06-24-2013 at 02:25 AM.
    Don't we want to go bigger on flop when their calling ranges are inelastic (i.e. we are hoping one of them has Ax).?
    I'd probably go $3.50 flop.

As played, I'd go $10-11 on turn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay-Z
    I'm a couple hands down and I'm tryin' to get back
    I gave the other grip, I lost a flip for five stacks
    I'd go $3.75 on fl. Why not these guys are atm's. And I think savy is rigjt. We don't have much, if any FE otf. You've already seen utg station down and it looks like he's doing it here .

Would this be a good turn to overbet? Or since it's 3-way I guess the pot is gonna get big like we surely want it to.

I have to ask. What's our plan on a Td river?
    "We're all just a million little gods causing rainstorms, turning every good thing to rust...."AF
    I think they would both call a $12.50 turn bet.