Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumShort-Handed NL Hold'em

Wierd hand, Logic check 25nl

Default Wierd hand, Logic check 25nl

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

Hero ($31.10)15/7/2/41
    Button ($72.95)31/24/1/41
    SB ($19.50)
    BB ($19.55)
    UTG ($19.05) 51/41/4/41
    MP ($45.60)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T, 9.
    UTG raises to $1.25, 1 fold, Hero calls $1.25, Button calls $1.25, 2 folds.

Normally I don't flat call here, but considering the looseness of the V I decided to get involved for his price. At first I don't like that the other guy gets involved on the button, but both are loose with big ranges, and they're likely to pay off if I hit.

Flop: ($4.10) 9, A, K (3 players)
    UTG bets $0.5, Hero raises to $3, Button calls $3, UTG raises to $5.5, Hero calls $2.50, Button calls $2.50.

The lead is pretty weak most of the time, the ace is scary to most of B's range and I figured I shut down if B gets involved. If button gets out of the way, which happens most of the time here IMO, UTG is likely to go away with PPs and random hands, which are still a pretty big part of his range. When they both call I'm ready to c/f the turn.

Turn: ($20.60) K (3 players)
    UTG bets $2.25, Hero calls $2.25, Button calls $2.25.
    So drawing to a draw worked this time. I now have a club draw and I'm wondering if anyone could already have a boat. The button is seriously unlikely to have a boat here, but could have a K and be in the mood to raise behind me. It's a lot tougher to put UTG on a hand. I still think AK, AA and KK are really unlikely, 99 only because I have one. K9 is a possibility, but so are A9+, FDs, Kx, and the ever-present donky with a gutshot to broadway. I opt to call because I just don't know how bad this player is. With a call behind I assume Button is on a scared A or spade draw.

River: ($27.35) 3 (3 players)
    UTG bets $10.05 (All-In), Hero calls $10.05, Button calls $10.05.

I hit, UTG moves in. I can't rule out a busted FD or AQ or Kx, so I call given 3.7:1 odds and attempting to pull a loose/passive player in behind me. Afterwards I consider that if button pushes over, I still probably call. Maybe I should have pushed over myself.
    Check out my self-deprecation here!
    Fold to min-3bet on flop, after that, is whatev fine to me.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")
    Call his small bet on the flop and if the button raises GTFO. Whatever happened in this hand is a disaster.

Basically, you have a shit hand on the flop and you bluffed weakly against two players when you're not even the last to act. What are you hoping to hit when you call his 3-bet? There's only 3 nines left. He gave you a really nice price on the flop and you should have taken it.

Quote Originally Posted by sauce123
    I don't get why you insist on stacking off with like jack high all the time.
    I really hate the flop raise. That's a drawy board that has seriously hit both of their ranges
    3k post - Return of the blog!
    Quote Originally Posted by Galapogos
    Call his small bet on the flop and if the button raises GTFO. Whatever happened in this hand is a disaster.

Basically, you have a shit hand on the flop and you bluffed weakly against two players when you're not even the last to act. What are you hoping to hit when you call his 3-bet? There's only 3 nines left. He gave you a really nice price on the flop and you should have taken it.
    Agree with all of this.

Why are you running 15/7 in 6max? If you want to play tight thats fine, but cold calling/limping as much as you raise is not a profitable way to play. You want to have the initiative so you can take down the majority of the pots postflop. As weird as it sounds 13/11 is going to be a lot more profitable than 15/7 imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by meeloche
    Quote Originally Posted by Galapogos

Agree with all of this.

Why are you running 15/7 in 6max? If you want to play tight thats fine, but cold calling/limping as much as you raise is not a profitable way to play. You want to have the initiative so you can take down the majority of the pots postflop. As weird as it sounds 13/11 is going to be a lot more profitable than 15/7 imo.
    It's over 41 hands.

The total session was 842 running 21/14. There were a lot of situations where I had SCs and stuff when laggy guys raised pre, so I called a bit more than usual. Over 16k hands at 6max I run 20/17.
    Check out my self-deprecation here!
    I'm pretty sure you shouldn't be calling Laggy guys with SCs and stuff.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")