Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumAll Other Poker/Live Poker

are these stats ok? am i too loose?

Default are these stats ok? am i too loose?

Somehow i feel i may be playing too loose, although the winrate is OK
    What's your opinion?

LHE6max 2/4
    13k hands
    won 1.78 BB/100

VP$IP 31
    PFR 23.1
    W$WSF 44.85
    WTSD 42.24
    W$SD 52.85
    AF 2.45
    Att to Steal 42.24
    Fold BB to Steal 41.45
    Fold SB to Steal 79.36
    A couple of things I noticed: WWSF is high considering the VPIP, which usually means you're getting good cards, which is a chance factor that won't last forever. But since AF is high (but not too high) and W$SD is > 50% you're probably playing them well also.

WTSD might be a little high (has it always been >40%?), but that may just be because you've been getting a lot of hands worth showing down. A more normal TAG range is around 36-40. When things cool off you will probably find WTSD coming down while W$SD stays about the same. And if 42 is your normal WTSD it certainly isn't outrageous in any case.

In sum, my best guess is that you've been getting good cards and have had the smarts to cash in on them.
    "You can fool some of the people all of the time, and those are the ones you want to concentrate on." (George Bush).
    Quote Originally Posted by DrivingDog
    A couple of things I noticed: WWSF is high considering the VPIP, which usually means you're getting good cards, which is a chance factor that won't last forever. But since AF is high (but not too high) and W$SD is > 50% you're probably playing them well also.

WTSD might be a little high (has it always been >40%?), but that may just be because you've been getting a lot of hands worth showing down. A more normal TAG range is around 36-40. When things cool off you will probably find WTSD coming down while W$SD stays about the same. And if 42 is your normal WTSD it certainly isn't outrageous in any case.

In sum, my best guess is that you've been getting good cards and have had the smarts to cash in on them.
    thanks for the input!
    yeah, i did have a couple of excellent sessions w good cards.
    Still, watching videos by Stox, he usually talks about tighter VP/PFR stats than what i have. That's why i'm asking if i maybe leaving some money behind playing a bit too loose.
    Not as long as you're winning! Different people have different styles, and 31/23/2.5 is a bit on the laggy side but nowhere near being a maniac. I know a few regulars at 3/6 and up who do well with those stats (and they are not fun to play against either!).

Case in point: Doughnutz and Bryce from Stoxpoker both play pretty laggy and manage to be successful at it because they're both excellent hand readers. Stox is also a great hand reader but more of his success comes from using passive play as a counter to aggressive opponents who overplay their hands and/or bluff too much. He's not exactly timid, but you will see that he rarely makes outright bluffs and folds a lot more flops and c-bets fewer turns with air than either Bryce or Doughnutz.

I find the Stox style easier to emulate myself because i have a hard time 3betting the turn with Q high or whatever. But I can see the advantages of laggy play in some situations, and so am looking for some spots to make some different plays.

I think the best overall strategy is to keep an open mind to different ways of playing and to try to incorporate the good parts of other players' games into a style that works for you.
    "You can fool some of the people all of the time, and those are the ones you want to concentrate on." (George Bush).