Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumTournament Poker

Playing AK Suited with So Much Action

Default Playing AK Suited with So Much Action

Hand#3437E90A92000116 - $2 Bounty Turbo T15272594 -- CASH -- $2 + $0.2 -- 9 Max -- Table 5 -- 0/40/80 NL Hold'em -- 2013/09/01 - 21:09:23

I find these spots very tricky, where I have AK and there's a ton of action before me (or if several people call my raise/3-bet). Suggestions on how to handle these spots would be great.

BTN (Hero) - 4,114
    SB - 1,740
    BB - 1,860
    UTG - 2,000
    UTG+1 - 2,901
    MP - 2,000
    HJ - 5,238
    CO - 1,870

Pot is 120

Dealt to Hero A, K

UTG raises to 160, UTG+1 calls 160, fold, HJ calls 160, CO raises to 400, Hero?

Call, raise, or 4-bet jam?
    lol another turbo donkfest. Dude just shove pre, this is super standard. Lot's of dominated Ax calls. Lots.

Although if prize is a ticket and we're near bubble, fold. I doubt that's the case at these blinds.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
    OngBonga are you always 4 betshoving? Not making a normalsized 4 bet in position?
    Shove pre
    Quote Originally Posted by dombo View Post
    OngBonga are you always 4 betshoving? Not making a normalsized 4 bet in position?
    Early on in a turbo donkfest, yes I'm always 4bet shoving AK, or anything else I feel like 4betting for that matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
    Well calling is definitely not an option because then you give everyone else odds to enter the pot. The only people you are worried about are the UTG opener and the CO, both have around $2k so there is no point to normal 4-bet as they will be pot committed at that point anyway. And if one of the bigger stacks decides to come along (unlikely) you don't really want to be commiting half your stack pre and fold or shove the rest if you miss the flop. A 4-bet all-in preflop seems like the best option.
    In a game like that AK is a shove pre every time.
    Scottish Cowboy
    Just shove pre
    AKs, shove it pre.
    you have to shove preflop, that was the best play
    Quote Originally Posted by Weissr View Post
    Well calling is definitely not an option because then you give everyone else odds to enter the pot. The only people you are worried about are the UTG opener and the CO, both have around $2k so there is no point to normal 4-bet as they will be pot committed at that point anyway. And if one of the bigger stacks decides to come along (unlikely) you don't really want to be commiting half your stack pre and fold or shove the rest if you miss the flop. A 4-bet all-in preflop seems like the best option.
    This