Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumNew Members Introduce Yourself

Nicknme: Diamon Dan

Default Nicknme: Diamon Dan

Retired teacher/administrator. Last year diagnosed with advanced stage 4 prostate cancer. Am doing well now. Cancer not gone nor will it ever be. Quality of life has lessened a bit. Tire more easily when I exercise. Played a lot of golf, but the after effects of the cancer has reduced my ability to play. As a consequence, I looked to poker to take up some time. Went to a site called Bovada and lost. Have documentation that the site is definitely crooked. Anyway, then went to Deuces Cracked and I began researching their site which I enjoy. Have come to learn that I have a lot to learn. I live about 25 minutes from Foxwoods. In the past I was a dealer there. Stopped because I wanted to enjoy my retirement more (plus the players were just jerks and the aggravation was not worth it). For the past 6 weeks I have spent about 6 hours a day studying poker.
    Watching videos, reading, learning basics. Have become familiar with a host of topics I had no clue about when I first went to the Bovada site. I have only paid for one month of Deuces (will do more). I think I am going to purchase Sit n Go Wizard...this site has helped me realize the importance of my starting hands. I have difficulty "putting my opps" on hands (am improving, but need a lot of work in this area.) For now I am going to concentrate on full ring SnG as Foxwoods offers $60 full rings almost on a daily basis. For now I have been going Poker Stars and I play there with play money in their games. I do well there because the more I have learned, the more I am able to apply my learning to win. I realize that play money and the real deal are two different animals, but, it doesn't cost me anything and I can apply what I am learning without it costing me anything.

Would enjoy talking with players like me...more than a beginner, but a lot less than intermediate. Good cards to you all.
    Not sure about the part where you say Bovada is crooked. That reads as a standard losers refrain of " I lost so the site must be rigged". Bovada is considered to be pretty soft for US players,they pay out withdrawals promptly etc. They are a better option than some sites that US players could be playing on .
    Good to have you here, glad poker has been able to help you through your health issues. Wish you the best and welcome to FTR!
    Hi Keith

I agree with your assessment that because I lost there that there must be something wrong with the site and not the player. I do understand that I was somewhat "raw" and honestly didn't expect to win. I also didn't expect to lose so many times to a "suck out," or to players who seemingly knew what I had...or consistently being put all-in...this stuff happened repeatedly...no one is that unlucky...skill or no skill..suck outs happen, along with other things, but not all the time...every time. So...I left the site and went to Deuces Cracked to learn and get better...I happened to respond to a "thread" and began discussing Bovada...a week or so goes by...and the following came up on the thread without me asking for it...it came from a staunch Bovada player...the site that you will see below has the complete report which is fairly long...have culled a couple of paragraphs from the entire report to put here...so, if you care to read it, please do so...what I would really like to know is: are there any sites that we can trust not to be corrupt. Unfortunately, black Friday happened and US players are at the mercy of sites emanating from China, Costa Rico, etc. Read the following and, if you care to, let me know what you think.

Thread can be found on Deuces Cracked:

player (who was a grinder and proud of it) writes the following:

"Wait till you guys see this....2+2 pulled it off the shelves." ("it refers to Bovada)

Now go to this site: https://medium.com@dataminepoker/rep...c41#.e4o7jzmpt

He also writes that: "DC (meaning Deuces Cracked) might too who knows" (might pull it)

The following directly from the Datamine report:

"Based on these findings, our team can easily confirm that Bovada Poker is a haven for collusion activity. When visiting tables, it does not take many hands to see tables where players are chip dumping and blinds stealing. For the average player, it would be almost impossible to track because of the anonymous nature of Bovada. However, Bovada, should be taking action against these players and should be doing so within the few minutes of collusion activity. Most other online poker rooms have this functionality perfected, and based on the full report that will be released following this initial public report, our team will show how our team was easily caught by other online poker room security (BetOnline, SportsBetting) within 1 session and less than 20 hands."

The report goes on about the Bovada Bot:

"Using some of the functions located within the Poker.js.library, the bot can easily calculate the current hand and tap in to a function that can judge the odds of winning the hand. Following the simple limit Texas Holdem poker algorithms, the bot places a limit dollar value based on the odds of winning the hand. Then, based on the difference between the dollar value and the current bet, the bot decides to check, call, bet, or fold. Following this simple limit value formula, it becomes very easy to build a winning bot system." My words: they cheat and I am sure of it.

The conclusion of the report states the following:

"Based on all of the separate tests completed by our contracting team, it is evident that there are massive issues at Bovada Poker. There are issues with the number of multi large hands, collusion teams and bots. All of these situations were PROVEN (my emphasis) through data collection (again my words here: million upon millions of hands) analysis and then using the techniques ourselves to increase our ability to win over average players.

Through each stage of testing, our team was extremely surprised by the lack of security within the Poker Room software. Most of these blatant gaps came from the JavaScript Mobile Web application. However, Bovada's anonymous poker room style provides security for collusion teams and other forms of cheaters from the average player."

A lot to read, I know...apologies for the length....I still think Bovada is crooked. I suck and am a fish...but am not stupid. I want to improve and hopefully I will.

Thanks again for your response to what I wrote....write back if you care to

Dan
    Last edited by Keith; 11-26-2015 at 07:03 PM.
    Hi Givememyleg (odd nick)

thanks for your kind words...am really doing ok..and look forward to using the site...my best to you and family for the holiday

Dan
    have a look at this analysis of the post you quoted.http://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sho...-In-Danger.The link you provided is broken
    3105 posts
    Joined 06/2014

Keith,
    It seems as though there are plenty of holes in datamine report. Hopefully, you will believe I only wanted to prevent others from being ripped off. Now appears that I was truly a "fish" and lost because of my poor play. Smiling here...not only a fish, but the unluckiest player ever...can't believe how many times I lost. Going to post the site you shared above on Deuces. Seems only fair that both sides of the coin should be reviewed.

Which site would you recommend that I try (besides Bovada). Thanks for taking the time to share with me. Appreciated.

Dan