Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!

Talking Hello there!

Hi,

First off, I am not advertising any websites or any other crap that I see is being spammed into this particular section of the forum! I have been reading the site for a while and I have finally decided to make a post!

I've been contemplating joining a poker community for a while as I am looking to better my game and my friends are not particularly interested in poker so it will be good to discuss hands etc with like minded people like yourself!

I was introduced to poker by a friend, it was only play money games but even this had me instantly hooked.I taught myself the hard way and lost a lot of money before I really understood the game which obviously was very silly but I was naive and didn't realise the amount of hard work that goes into studying the game. Back in 2011 I had around $3 in my account and took a shot at a $4 180 man on Stars and took it down for around $230 and then it really took off. I had no clue about BRM so decided to jump straight at the $8 180 mans and after around 4/5 attempts I won again bringing the roll up to $500. In December 2011 I then won 3 $15 180 mans in 2 days and I was convinced I was some 180 man genius. Eventually I went on a losing streak completely underolled and withdrew about $1k from my account and left the game for a long time. (apart from some tourneys here and there).

As of the 1st April 14, I started playing the micro cash tables on stars again and I have had some success, partially down to a decent run but I have been putting a lot of hard into studying. I have had to withdraw some of the winnings so I currently have 30 BI's for 10NL. Annoyingly enough my complete lack of discipline with BRM has wasted a lot of the winnings on tournaments but I am determined not to let this happen anymore!

Here's the graph in cash since April the 1st.

Not a huge sample but I am very happy with the start, now it's time to grind the $300 up to $750 and work my way up through the stakes. I am quite happy that I've dropped down again to 10NL as I don't think I was quite ready to crush 25NL+, I have a lot more to learn still.

I look forward to your replies!
    Thanks for coming to FTR Kyebuff. How has the game been going? The graph is a little small to read well.