Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumShort-Handed NL Hold'em

3-bet JJ OOP

Default 3-bet JJ OOP

Villain runs 26/21/3.8 over a 500 hand sample. I have a note that says he's capable of 4-bet bluffing. I personally think he's a bit too spewy, but in no way donk spewy. Just a really aggressive player that I think goes too far sometimes. But he's about as good as a 100NL reg gets I suppose.

Super easy call?

Texas Hold'em $1-$2 NL (real money), hand #P4-63915439-916
    Table Riverside, 27 Mar 2008 1:04 AM ET

Seat 2: parrenin1 ($388.30 in chips)
    Seat 3: frolches ($119.35 in chips)
    Seat 4: chrx93 ($219.50 in chips)
    Seat 5: Galapogos [ J,J ] ($99.50 in chips)

Antes/Blinds
    Galapogos posts blind ($0.50), parrenin1 posts blind ($1).

Pre-Flop
    frolches bets $4, chrx93 folds, Galapogos bets $13, parrenin1 folds, frolches calls $9.50.

Flop [board cards 7,T,K ]
    Galapogos bets $18, frolches bets $105.85 and is all-in, Galapogos calls $68 and is all-in.

Quote Originally Posted by sauce123
    I don't get why you insist on stacking off with like jack high all the time.
    Hmmm, surely he puts u on a K but really what do u beat here? Think he shows up with a K here far too often to make it a call.

Let alone easy call. I fold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar4
    If he's not calling my shove, I'm done with it.
    Boo! Why would he push a K?

ranges r needed

what is he calling with preflop

how does he play made hands

how does he bluff

how does he play gutshots

how does he play weak kings/strong kings

if u dont know any of these things i would check/call, check/fold but u should know some of them
    I got more flava than fruitstripe gum
    in a vacuum i think it's disgusting to for him to shove with anything looking for value here against a relatively unknown.
    given that he spews and is very aggro, i could easily see him doing this with a AQ/AJ hand. also this is a fairly good board to bluff raise ai if he thinks you will fold JJ/QQ.
    Cash Rules Everything Around Me.
    Uuuhm he would try to bluff u off QQ/JJ but not shove AK?

What line would he take with AK? Are you guys saying he can't have that cause he'd 4bet pre?

Might be a typo but do you mean as good as a 200NL reg gets or a 100NL reg playing 200NL?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar4
    If he's not calling my shove, I'm done with it.
    It's 100NL, I always forget to fix that part of the HH, it's a dumb thing Pokerroom does.

His range is very wide. He doesn't take kindly to being 3-bet. So it could be any decent suited connector, any PP, any Ax.

Sauce, we had a pot previously where I 3-bet him OOP with AQ, he called with A6o, and he played it passively when we hit our A on the flop. This is the only hand in a 3-bet pot that I recall us getting to showdown with. And when you say c/c is that with the intention of folding to a second barrel?

I would just expect him to play a K or AA more for value. He likes to bet, but I don't see how he's hoping to get value with a good hand here by shoving this flop.

G- ok sry let me be more clear.

when u bet/call this flop it puts you in a wb/flipping situating which kinda sucks.

the thing you have going for you is that this board contains a fucking TON of str8 combos: 98 QJ AJ AQ Q9 J8 etc, and even if he only shoves all of these say 50% of the time (which seems like a more than reasonable assumption) you are forced to call a shove once you bet because of pot odds.

so your line is completely ok, but the thing to take away from this hand is understanding that your flop is committing vs this aggro player and so if you WANT to be committed because you think its ur most +ev option:::: as in it/gets value from Tx/ 7x/ 88/ floats when they call:::: realize the downside is you put yourself in a position where you call off your stack and will be often drawing to 2 outs
    Text results appended to pokerstove.txt

109,890 games 0.004 secs 27,472,500 games/sec

Board: 7d Tc Ks
    Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
    Hand 0: 46.392% 46.00% 00.39% 50548 432.50 { JcJs }
    Hand 1: 53.608% 53.21% 00.39% 58477 432.50 { QQ+, ATs+, KTs+, QJs, Q9s, J9s-J8s, 98s, 96s, 86s, ATo+, KJo+, QJo }

---

forgot a cpl hands but yea--- also this assumes a pretty wiiide range of gutterballz