Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Community

Back from Break

Default Back from Break

Sup, poker comrades. :LOL:

Sheesh! A fella takes a 12 year hiatus from FTR and you guys make me reset my password like some sort of hobo.

Well it's officially a ghost town in here, boys. Warewolf Village still exists, but hasn't had a game since 2019. Rilla still rules the Community, so all is well.

Anyway, I live in Pennsylvania and online poker opened with PokerStars last year. Today Borgata and MGM opened. I was looking to catch up with old pals and see whos still grinding and where. I was looking to get the intel on if the Party Poker bonuses are still a snap, and whether anyone tried opening both accounts today.

Meh. Doesn't look like I'll get any replies, but I'm leaving a message anyhow! Maybe 'Rilla will reply with something-- that dude cracks me up.

~EasyT
    Hi, I don't remember you.

What would you like to argue about? You're American so let's try... abolish the police, agree/disagree?
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
    Rilla hasn't been around for a while, his last activity I think was in the mod lounge three years ago.
    ongies gonna ong
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    Rilla hasn't been around for a while, his last activity I think was in the mod lounge three years ago.
    Dammit. LOL. Mod status on this forum used to be a prestigious gig. Back in the day I had had some stickies in the Bonus Whoring section, which no longer exists. That was during the big poker boom 2001-2006.

I think 'rilla was from Pittsburgh (or maybe just a Steelers fan, I don't know). Thought there might be a source of intel for the Pennsylvania 2nd grand opening. The game has changed a lot in the last 10 years. It's all solvers, ranges, and decision trees. I'm getting up to speed, but I doubt I'll do anything serious again. Maybe I just wanted to see some old friends.

EasyT
    I remember you username, vaguely.

Every time I type in the url to come here I feel like one of Dawn of the Dead's zombies, without immediate base stimuli, I just wander on over to the mall out of habit. There's no longer anything at the mall for me, the stores are all shuttered, and they don't stock anything I'd want anymore anyways, but here I am anyways.
    I mean... we have kinda devolved into a gaggle of old men complaining about politics lately.
    You can find any pattern you want to any level of precision you want, if you're prepared to ignore enough data.
    By "lately" mojo means at least five years.

idk why I still come here. I guess partly habit, partly because the people left here are basically internet friends. Even poop, who I'm always arguing with. When we're not talking about politics, we get on fine. He's a buddy too. I always preferred FTR to 2+2 simply because 2+2 is so fucking huge. But I wish FTR was thriving still. For a long time I thought when the Americans can play poker again then FTR will be reborn, but that never happened and I've given up hope. Sometimes there's a server problem and I can't log on to FTR, and I immediately think the site owners have finally had enough and pulled the plug. I'm always happy when I can log back on.
    ongies gonna ong
    Quote Originally Posted by boost View Post
    I remember you username, vaguely.
    I fall into the non-serious player category, which is why you don't remember me. I never had any rapport with the actual poker players on FTR. I hunted bonuses. It was easier to stack up bonuses than it was actually learn to play goot poker and move up. I did move up because I had the bankroll to do so after a while. I'm pretty sure I was the nit of most tables.

Anyway, I loved the community here.
    I talked to Eric about it years ago, and he said that he created FTR as a place for people to come together and talk about things, and so long as that's still going on, the cost to maintain the URL is minimal, and he's happy to pay it.

I assume FTR will stay around until Eric kicks the bucket or the lot of us actually stop posting. Gmml is still running the technical side of things, so I guess if he steps out, then it'd be a matter of time before this place was unusable.

Kind of crazy that it's still here, really.

Big thanks to Eric and gmml for keeping it up.
    You can find any pattern you want to any level of precision you want, if you're prepared to ignore enough data.
    I haven't played poker in years. If online poker reopens for the US and it gets sufficiently soft again I might consider it but I'd have to relearn the game from scratch. When I have time for games, I play Dota2. Next to Dota, poker feels like accounting. That game has ruined most other games for me. It's like they say: when you're an alcoholic and you start shooting up heroin, you no longer have a use for alcohol...
    I don't know if anyone says that, but it sounds like it could be true.
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.