Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumBeginners Circle

25NL major leaks 6Max

Default 25NL major leaks 6Max

Hi guys.Its been a breakeven 1st week for me in 25NL.yoyo swings.Slowly adapting to it.I know i have serious majors leaks in my play that i realize.Im going to list out some of them.After 7k hands(small sample,but i need to plugged those leaks right away)

-Playing small pp really badly after the flop during c-betting.I lose about 20% of my winnings on this.

-Firing 2 barrels on the flop and turn after villains keep checking(im hoping to take him off the pot here)

-Playing a bit loose in EP,and probably a bit too tight in LP(will post some graphs

-Flatcalls,AJo+ and above OOP,and firing the flop on a dry flop

-Calling stupid shoves on the river.
    How do you post graphs?
    Quote Originally Posted by hangchiong
    How do you post graphs?
    Most folks upload the screenshot JPEG file to a free hosting service (I use xs.to). The site provides the forum code that links to the picture file and imbeds it into the FTR page. Just copy-paste the text for that code into your FTR post.

Default Re: 25NL major leaks 6Max

Leak: Playing small pp really badly after the flop during c-betting.
    If you're cbetting, I assume you're raising small pp's in all positions preflop, right?

Scenario: 100bb effective stacks. You have 22 UTG and open for a standard raise. A normal TAGG on the button calls, everyone else folds. You should cbet these flops...

A K 4 rainbow
    [ ] Never
    [ ] Sometimes
    [ ] Always

J T 8 2-suited
    [ ] Never
    [ ] Sometimes
    [ ] Always

A T 8 2-suited
    [ ] Never
    [ ] Sometimes
    [ ] Always

6 5 4 rainbow
    [ ] Never
    [ ] Sometimes
    [ ] Always

A 9 8 monotone
    [ ] Never
    [ ] Sometimes
    [ ] Always

Try the quiz, and then maybe some folks can discuss the types of situations we're looking for when we consider cbetting oop w/ small pp's. Don't overuse "sometimes." When I say "always" or "never," I don't mean 100%. There are always some situations where we wouldn't cbet in place where we normally would.
    As you can see,this is dec graph in 25Nl the first 7k hands.its really bad.i have a problem getting an image for my postion stats on pokertracker,i try importing it,but it keeps giving me in a notepad extension,and i cant put it on the image hosting service.any help?

Scenario: 100bb effective stacks. You have 22 UTG and open for a standard raise. A normal TAGG on the button calls, everyone else folds. You should cbet these flops...

A K 4 rainbow
    [ ] Never
    [ ] Sometimes
    [X] Always

J T 8 2-suited
    [ ] Never
    [X] Sometimes
    [ ] Always

A T 8 2-suited
    [ ] Never
    [ ] Sometimes
    [X] Always

6 5 4 rainbow
    [ ] Never
    [X] Sometimes
    [ ] Always

A 9 8 monotone
    [ ] Never
    [ ] Sometimes
    [X] Always

C-betting-to show that we have big pocket pairs or an Ace with a good kicker.i cbet my flop 90% of the time,im starting to cut it down,as you can the friggin red line is really bad(villain check raise me here a lot or flatcalls,and fire turn-i fold)

Yes,i raised my small pp to high pp in all position 90% of the time.Sometimes i limp to mix up my play or according to my mood or the players at my table.

A K 4 rainbow
    [ ] Never
    [ ] Sometimes
    [X] Always

J T 8 2-suited
    [X] Never (almost never)
    [X] Sometimes
    [ ] Always

A T 8 2-suited
    [ ] Never
    [X] Sometimes
    [X] Always
    Avoid cbetting this against someone who's like 20/12 - the gap between VP$P and PFR indicates he calls with premium sc's and/or suited broadways.

6 5 4 rainbow
    [ ] Never
    [X] Sometimes
    [ ] Always

A 9 8 monotone
    [ ] Never
    [X] Sometimes
    [X] Always

C-betting-to show that we have big pocket pairs or an Ace with a good kicker.i cbet my flop 90% of the time,im starting to cut it down,as you can the friggin red line is really bad(villain check raise me here a lot or flatcalls,and fire turn-i fold)

Yes,i raised my small pp to high pp in all position 90% of the time.Sometimes i limp to mix up my play or according to my mood or the players at my table.
    Correct reasoning on what you're representing. Watch out for what they tend to call with. The TAGG's like 18/15 are only calling with small/med pp's. When the gap increases to 20/14 or so, think what they're probably adding into their flatting range. Ax(s) gets more likely along with big sc's and broadway hands. For both types of TAGG's, check 3betting. When it's >6, they might be 3betting 99 and are almost certainly w/ TT+. AQ+, KQs and A9s+ are good candidates, too. If you get flatted, you can eliminate some premium 3betting hands.

At 6m, I find it unprofitable to limp any pp's. I get 3bet, I fold, but even at 25nl it doesn't happen often enough to worry me. And they min-3bet enough that, with 100bb stacks, we can often call the min-3bets profitably. I can't imagine (m)any tables where I'd consider limping small pp's except in extremely weird situations. The big exception is the SB with a passive BB - just limping is fine, especially w/ 22 - 44.
    Up to now,my general conception of HUD's stats,VPIP above 30 means loose,and below 15 you're a nit.Do you know any threads i can read up on hud stats?

Hopefully i can improve my cbet skills now.
    Apart from 100BB stack,cbetting and raising small pp against (for an example 100BB stack on sb and 40-60BB stack) seems to be a big problem for me.
    Any advice on dealing against short stacks?
    I cbet an ace flop always
    Quote Originally Posted by iopq
    I cbet an ace flop always
    This is unwise.
    Up to now,my general conception of HUD's stats,VPIP above 30 means loose,and below 15 you're a nit.Do you know any threads i can read up on hud stats?

Hopefully i can improve my cbet skills now.
    Apart from 100BB stack,cbetting and raising small pp against (for an example 100BB stack on sb and 40-60BB stack) seems to be a big problem for me.
    Any advice on dealing against short stacks?
    Short stacks cause a problem. First, I would suggest you think about the 22 Hero cbetting quiz above, chaning to a Lagg BTN w/ 40/10 stats. How do our cbetting decisions change? If you get the cbetting right w/ 100bb stacks, it's easier to alter it for shorties.

Short stacks require less bluffing and more big bets with thin value. They have no room to float (call a cbet), so cbets without outs can be problematic. Checking to a shortie is often okay, depending upon how aggressive he is and how short. I don't much care for cbetting 22 into shorties, but I'm pretty aggressive with TT, say, on an A 9 4 rainbow flop that I'm fairly sure missed his range. Often, you have to raise a bit more than typical and just put him to an all-in decision. It's better to bet into him and have him call off all his chips than cbet half his remaining stack and have him shove over the top. You have odds by then to call, but are probably beat. With the put-him-all-in bet, he has worse odds but is more likely to either fold or call with a hand you beat.
    J T 8 2-suited
    [ ] Never
    [X] Sometimes
    [ ] Always
    This is the only flop that stands out to me where I wouldn't cbet because so many hands are gonna like to stick around here.