Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumTournament Poker

Straight Flush Draw 3-Handed

Default Straight Flush Draw 3-Handed

$1.50 -- 25/125/250 NL Hold'em -- 3 Players

I've been thinking about this hand for a few days, and I really can't think of another way to handle it besides shoving OTF. Villain is such a fish, calling 3-bets w/ suited connectors, calling raises w/ weak aces, min-betting when he hits flops etc. We've already made the money, BTW.

SB - 7,827
    BB (Hero) - 3,806

BTN - 1,867

Pot is 450

Dealt to Hero 9, J

fold, SB raises to 500, Hero calls
    Pot is 1075

*** FLOP *** Q, 9, 8

SB bets 500, Hero ???

I just called Villain's raise pre because it's a great hand to play in position, and most of the time it's quite obvious when to fold, bet etc. Obviously, we're not folding. But, is this a min-raise or a shove? Villain likes something about this flop. Would this even be a call and evaluate OTT?
    Its a close call but i think id edge towards shipping it, how did the hand end up playing out.
    dream flop - if the shove doesn't get a fold you have tons of outs (assuming your pair isn't already good). The fact that villain has all the chips and shortstack is in the bb next hand warrants about 1 seconds consideration, but you have too few chips for anything other than a jam
    Shoving is easily +ev and we don't find ourselves in awkward spots in later streets. If we minraise, he calls and we miss turn, suddenly we're no longer favourite unless he's drawing himself. I'm all in.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong