Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Community

British faggotry

Default British faggotry

This is what happens when we have a bit of snow. Look how much there is. There must be at least two centimetres.
    Hundreds of schools closed, chaos on the trains, airports can't cope, everyone panic buys bread...

Meanwhile, in Russia...

Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
    It's the same everywhere in the mid and southern US.

What you've shown is typical for Southern states who rarely get a snowfall that accumulates on the roads.

St Louis can handle an inch or so of snow before the city streets turn into a free-for-all. We only get a snow that big once every couple-few years, so it's not worth the money to increase the infrastructure to deal with that kind of snowfall.

When I was living in the mountains of Colorado, though... a foot of snow is no excuse to not show up at your job on time. People don't need to be told that 35 mph is pushing your luck on the freeways.
    Yeah, places that aren't used to it often lose their minds when it snows.

To be fair, snowy roads are a motherfucker. Most of us in snow-country don't notice this because the treatment of roads begins almost before the first flake falls.

And who can blame them? Do you know what a plow truck driver makes per hour!!??

But, to Ong's point....the Brits are especially faggy

http://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/201...tcmp=obnetwork
    We get some snow most years, but it's usually just a flurry, a couple of centimetres. As it happens, I'm expecting two or three foot of the stuff over the next few days, I can understand that causing problems for those who aren't used to it.

But we have snow related transport chaos every year.
    ongies gonna ong
    Yah I don't understand why a train can't run when it's snowing - does anyone know?

Anyways you're right Ong, it's a bit of snow every year or two and the whole place just screeches to a halt like it took them completely by surprise.
    Yah I don't understand why a train can't run when it's snowing - does anyone know?
    The points freeze up, apparently, so trains can't change line. Mechanics basically have to go and spray anti-freeze on the points to get things moving. It's a lot of manual work, so they tend to prioritise key routes, leaving secondry routes to bear the brunt of the weather.
    ongies gonna ong
    I've heard that in Minnesota the public transit system has never had to shut down due to weather. And they definitely get weather there every year.

Apparently the trick is to just keep the trains running all the fucking time. In normal weather they might run fewer trains outside of peak commuting times. But when it snows, they just run the trains anyway, regardless of volume. That way nothing accumulates on the tracks. Nothing freezes. Shit just keeps on working.

In Britain, apparently the plan is to run fewer trains, let everything get cold, and then shriek about how its all bloody frozen.
    In Britain, apparently the plan is to run fewer trains, let everything get cold, and then shriek about how its all bloody frozen.
    My plan is "fuck this shit" and I take the week off work.
    ongies gonna ong
    So I'm still using a dongle out here, haven't got proper internet yet. Some days it's shit, I struggle to get online and give up for a bit. Last two days? Perfect.

What in the actual fuck? It has literally been snowing all day here today, I got up at 8.30 and haven't seen it let up once. It's getting worse, apparently I'm getting 0.7cm per hour right now, by midnight it'll be 2.4cm.

I mean I'm happy I have internet, but next time this fucking thing does that red light shit on a clear day... fuuuuuuuck.
    ongies gonna ong
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    It's getting worse, apparently I'm getting 0.7cm per hour right now, by midnight it'll be 2.4cm.
    lol, when I was a kid they wouldn't even cancel school for this.
    Britain shuts down for white snow because it reminds them of all the time France surrendered.
    To be fair, today I wok up to half metre drifts, so I'll allow the inevitable transport chaos today.

From the comfort of my warm house.
    ongies gonna ong