Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumBeginners Circle

lingo?

Default lingo?

I tried searcing this topic first but couldn't get an answer:

I've been reading alot of posts and i'm wondering what it means when someone says a guy is "running 35/30/3" or any given numbers? Where are these stats coming from? I'm assuming it has something to do with hands played/hands won, but i'm not sure.

This is my first post, so feel free to rip it apart if it sucks. Thanks all.
    Refers to VPIP/PFR/AF (usually, could also be 3bet). So in your example, he's voluntarily putting money in the pot 35% of the time, he's raising preflop 30% and his aggression factor (or 3bet) is 3. For the last numbers its usually best to differentiate what you are talking about but usually if its a 3 bet pot they're talking about you can assume its 3-bet %.
    "Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity." - Elmer Letterman
    Thanks for the reply bro, that clears things up a lot.

So how are these stats being calculated? Also, can these stats be calculated for tournament play or is it only for cash games? Thanks again.
    These stats come from software like Holdem Manager or Poker Tracker which runs while playing. Both have free trials and can be found with a google.
    "Just cause I'm from the South don't mean I ain't got no book learnin'"

Quote Originally Posted by a500lbgorilla View Post
    ...we've all learned long ago how to share the truth without actually having the truth.
    if you go to the holdemmanager dot net they explain how their stats are calculated