Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Community

Game of Thrones TV Thread **HBO-Purists ONLY**

Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    I just watched Ep2.

Comments:
    -- I don't think Melisandre is quite scary enough.
    -- Putting the pImp into place as King's Hand and a major player in the game of thrones is just really brilliant. It feels as if Cersei finally has a worthy or superior adversary. Ned Stark was loyal, wise and honorable...and completely overmatched in this game.
    -- The absence of Ned, Robert, Khal Drogo and Jaime is obviously unavoidable but it's keenly felt. They are just terrific characters and the roles were well-cast; the Baratheon brothers are just poor substitutes.
    Playing big pots at small stakes.
    Quote Originally Posted by baudib View Post
    I just watched Ep2.

Comments:
    -- I don't think Melisandre is quite scary enough.
    -- Putting the pImp into place as King's Hand and a major player in the game of thrones is just really brilliant. It feels as if Cersei finally has a worthy or superior adversary. Ned Stark was loyal, wise and honorable...and completely overmatched in this game.
    -- The absence of Ned, Robert, Khal Drogo and Jaime is obviously unavoidable but it's keenly felt. They are just terrific characters and the roles were well-cast; the Baratheon brothers are just poor substitutes.
    Umm.. Jaime had a pretty big scene in e01, Renly hasn't been in s02 yet, and Stannis is fucking awesomely cast. His over the top nittery is so great. "Jaime Lannister, the king slayer, call him what he is.." "... Ser Jaime Lanister, whatever he may be, he is still a knight.."

I honestly don't miss those characters at all. When Ned and Robert died, I was sad at first, cuz they were awesome. Drogo.. he was really good, but just didn't click with me that much, so I didn't care all that much. But who cares, cuz now we have Gendry, Arya can play a bigger roll, Robb is getting more badass by the episode, we still have Tyrion, we have the Jean Reno look-a-like athiest, we have a fucking black person (plz let his right hand man be Adebesi, aka Mr. Ecko.. one time!)

The cast has changed, but it certainly hasn't gotten worse, and we will have to wait and see, but, despite some big losses, it may have gotten better.
    I just don't care for Stannis as a character. As Ser Loras said, "He has the personality of a lobster." However, Stannis claiming the throne gives us Davos and Melisandre, who are very good/important characters.
    I just don't care for Stannis as a character. As Ser Loras said, "He has the personality of a lobster." However, [edited out as to not quote spoilers]
    *ahem* lets be careful here. This is not specifically a book readers thread. Saying things like "this or that character is important" is vague, but very spoilerish. I'd really like to discuss the show here as well as on 2+2 (where the thread is pretty heavily modded), but if people are going to be doing this, then I'll be forced to stick to 2+2 and ignore this thread. If you really must talk about the books, then do so in spoiler tags or in white or whatever.
    Last edited by boost; 04-05-2012 at 05:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by boost View Post
    *ahem* lets be careful here. This is not specifically a book readers thread. Saying things like "this or that character is important" is vague, but very spoilerish. I'd really like to discuss the show here as well as on 2+2 (where the thread is pretty heavily modded), but if people are going to be doing this, then I'll be forced to stick to 2+2 and ignore this thread. If you really must talk about the books, then do so in spoiler tags or in white or whatever.
    Sorry, didn't mean to ruin the thread for you. But I hardly think saying Davos and Melisandre are important characters is spoilish. Davos is Stannis' right-hand man and Melisandre is a crazy fire witch/sorceress. While a capable military man, Stannis is clearly not a great charismatic leader. In any event I think all of this is readily discernible from watching Ep. 2. (Also there are about 20 important characters in the story.)
    Sorry, didn't mean to ruin the thread for you. But I hardly think saying Davos and Melisandre are important characters is spoilish. Davos is Stannis' right-hand man and Melisandre is a crazy fire witch/sorceress. While a capable military man, Stannis is clearly not a great charismatic leader. In any event I think all of this is readily discernible from watching Ep. 2. (Also there are about 20 important characters in the story.)
    *sigh*...

I don't think you're trying to be an ass, but I guess some people just can't understand what a spoiler is. Jory got a decent bit of screen time, maybe not as much as Davos**, but none the less he was Ned's right hand man. I was shocked when Jory died, and I would be shocked if Davos died anytime soon-- only I now know that he won't die anytime soon, because a book reader has unintentionally let me know he won't.

This thread is not modded nearly has heavy as the 2+2 one, but this is a lot smaller and tighter community. I should hope that would be enough to keep people from being insensitive dicks about spoilers, but maybe I'm wrong.

**but now that I think of it, he had about as much, if not more screen time than Theon...
    -- only I now know that he won't die anytime soon, because a book reader has unintentionally let me know he won't.

This thread is not modded nearly has heavy as the 2+2 one, but this is a lot smaller and tighter community. I should hope that would be enough to keep people from being insensitive dicks about spoilers, but maybe I'm wrong.

**but now that I think of it, he had about as much, if not more screen time than Theon...
    I don't think you know that AT ALL. It's pretty ridiculous for you to infer that given how many main characters have already been killed off.
    Ned, Robert, Viserys, Drogo were good and important characters and didnt survive season 1
    i miss robert

BOW BEFORE YOUR KING, YOU SHITS
    I don't think you know that AT ALL. It's pretty ridiculous for you to infer that given how many main characters have already been killed off.
    Ned, Robert, Viserys, Drogo were good and important characters and didnt survive season 1
    really man? Are you that dense? How about you let us know who aren't important characters? Would that be spoilerish? Can you not see the slippery slope right before you?

If the thread is going to avoid book spoilers (at least outside of spoiler tags), then we need to have a fairly stringent attitude in this thread towards such things. Otherwise this thread will suck for anyone who isn't a book reader. No one is asking you to bend over backwards. Just be careful about posting hints about the future of the show that you are privy to because you've read the books.

It's not even really about the things you posted, it's about the prevailing attitude of this thread. I just called you on it, because it's best to end it before it really begins. What you posted is indeed quite mild, but I still think it belongs in spoiler tags, or shouldn't be posted at all.
    Spoiler:
    I like how Greyjoy practically fingerblasted his sister on the way to that castle
    <a href=http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png target=_blank>http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png</a>
    This debate is silly. Slippery slopes are logical fallacies, and the characters have been in two episodes already (there have only been two so far).

"Important" is a relative term anyway, and the whole idea of arguing over someone saying that is funny. I mean, werent all named characters in season 1 important to some extent? All you're doing by arguing about this is alienating book readers from talking about the show.
    On an unrelated related note, I really love how they did Melisandre. I was worried they werent gonna be able to have her live up to my expectations, as I was fairly disappointed with how they portrayed Dany's dragons hatching and coming out of the fire.
    i dunno, i feel like lots of spoilerish stuff is underrated in ways people don't understand. i know somebody who dies at a later date, and presumably an entire plotline with it, so im a bit less interested in that whole story now

i used to get mad just by watching previews or descriptions of what movies were about because they spoil so much. i dont even wanna know a movie has aliens in it so i can be excited when i find out about the aliens, for example
    Are we really having this debate?

Anything someone who has read the books says can be considered spoilers. Which means when saying anything remotely close to 'spoilers' must either be said with the utmost care or put in the spoiler tags or in white. You can say all you want how XYZ aren't really spoilers because ABC but the fact of the matter is why take a chance? Don't ruin shit for everyone else imo. There are people itt who haven't read books and it's a dick move to ruin it for them.

?wut
    Quote Originally Posted by JKDS View Post
    This debate is silly. Slippery slopes are logical fallacies, and the characters have been in two episodes already (there have only been two so far).

"Important" is a relative term anyway, and the whole idea of arguing over someone saying that is funny. I mean, werent all named characters in season 1 important to some extent? All you're doing by arguing about this is alienating book readers from talking about the show.
    "slippery slope" is not a logical fallacy. It can be a logical fallacy, but it depends on how it is employed.

Creating an atmosphere where book readers feel free to say things like "I can't wait for you guys to see how X develops" or "X is important!", when from the viewpoint of a show watcher there is no overwhelming reason to believe X is any more important than Y, is to create an atmosphere where spoilers will be posted. baudib's use of "X is important" is fairly innocuous, but if it goes unchecked it serves to create this atmosphere. Hence, a slippery slope. There is no fallacy here.

Jory is a s01 named character. He was not really in anyway important. Hodor is a named character.

With regards to book readers being alienated... what in the fuck are you talking about? Please, if you are a book reader, join in... talk about the show, talk about the books in spoiler tags, talk about how the show relates/compares to the books in spoiler tags, but don't do the latter two in open posts. How is that complicated? How does that alienate anyone? How is having a thread that views hints and cues from book readers not alienating to non book readers? How can you not see that you have this completely backwards?
    We all agree that there shouldnt be spoilers, and no one wants to ruin the show/books for anyone. If that was the intent, it could be done very very easily. Therefore, those that read the books are already doing what they can not to spoil it for everyone else. They understand that ppl havent read the books, and also understand that these ppl want to talk about the show. If through their best efforts, however, someone is gonna jump down their throat for a silly thing then why bother even posting in the thread? What incentive does a book reader have to post here instead of just making another thread?

Again, important is relative anyway. Personally i dont like davos, hated reading of him, and dont think hes very important at all. Is that a spoiler? Surely some ppl already have opinions on him since hes been in two episodes now, some will think hes important some wont, some will like him some wont.

I see no reason why Melisandre wouldnt be considered important, considering she appears to be unpoisonable or at least magical as of s02e01 (which is fucking cool), and gave Stannis this firesword thing! Appears like shes important to me.

So again, i dont see the issue unless your slippery slope nonsense is true. However, I think its pretty clear at this point that your spoiler atmosphere isnt gonna happen now.

As to your counterexamples, IMO, jory was important. I believe his death by Jaime was an important event that changed Ned's way of handling the position of Hand of the King. Also, jory's death was also fucking cool. Hodor is Bran's legs at the moment, so that depends on what you think of bran as a character. I <3 Hodor. Hodor hodor hodor. Theres a picture in the "Pictures that make you lul" thread of valentines day cards with hodor on one just going "hodor hodor hodor". Is he important? Idk, i like him though.
    a little town called none of your goddamn business
    I def think what baudib said about those characters being "important" is spoilerish.

I also think its kind of a bad idea for book readers to participate actively in discussions about the show with non-book readers. It's just too easy to have a certain omniscience about the story that might color your words in subtle or not so subtle ways. (I'm a book reader fwiw.)
    Why dont we jusf make a separate thread for the.books.... -____-

I.dont oaricipate in this thread much because I KNOW my dumb ass would ip amd ruin something for someone.
    Get outta here ya dirty bookers!
    <a href=http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png target=_blank>http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png</a>
    Quote Originally Posted by dranger7070 View Post
    Why dont we jusf make a separate thread for the.books.... -____-

I.dont oaricipate in this thread much because I KNOW my dumb ass would ip amd ruin something for someone.
    Thanks, I appreciate the discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by a500lbgorilla View Post
    Get outta here ya dirty bookers!
    cool, thanks for making two threads. seems like the most reasonable way to handle this.
    I havent seen episode two yet, but official version airs for me in 1 hour! I excited!
    ya so inm drunk wihch means im possed off cuz im always pissed when drukn and i almost read all GoT spilers cuz thats what drunkos do but instead i listen to music lowd and think stuff that shouldnt be thot
    ya, if you're gonna spoiler yourself, do it sober. You'll hate drunk you if you do it when you're drunk.
    i hate how since 02 was leaked i had nothing to watch on sunday

?wut
    Quote Originally Posted by bikes View Post
    i hate how since 02 was leaked i had nothing to watch on sunday
    Watch it again? If I wasn't back visiting home with a lot of shit to do, I'd watch it for the fifth time...
    What I don't understand about bookers is how they don't manufacture spoilers for any HBO purists who might be listening in.

Spoiler:
    The Queen Reagent tosses Tyrion to his death!

Spoiler:
    John Snow has a bastard son who claims the throne of the North after killing King Rob Stark

Spoiler:
    Wufwugy elected MVP of mankind.
    Quote Originally Posted by boost View Post
    cool, thanks for making two threads. seems like the most reasonable way to handle this.
    Also, it's important to note that as mod I had no hand in any of this.
    So who else is really excited?

?wut
    it's been two weeks, basically a lifetime
    Quote Originally Posted by bikes View Post
    So who else is really excited?
    E3 Spoilers.

I really liked Tyrion's montage and Yoren's swan song.

?wut
    it's 3am and I almost just clicked play to watch e03 again after just finishing it. But I need sleep...

Anyways, this show is just unbelievably good. I have to say though, out of all the story arcs, I'm most glued to my seat when we are following Arya and Gendry. Gendry isn't going to die, and I don't think either of them will return to King's Landing. Yet, I can't really figure out how that works out. But I'd guess that the nicer of the three in the burning cage will have something to do with it.. he's got too many lines and too much screen time to not be important.
    Annoying that each episode only hits 75% of the main characters. No Stannis or Daenerys tonight... And they keep introducing new people to boot. Has there ever been a series with such a large cast?
    Quote Originally Posted by Renton View Post
    Annoying that each episode only hits 75% of the main characters. No Stannis or Daenerys tonight... And they keep introducing new people to boot. Has there ever been a series with such a large cast?
    Probably 15% of the current cast survives to the end of season 4.
    I like the young Baratheon king. Him + Rob Stark as the two kings south of the wall would be ideal, imo.

Also, with Tyrion's little play to find out who he can trust, It'd be sweet if the eunuch figured out the play and set up the old man. Fewer advisors on the small counsel the better and he prob has much more ammunition against Little Finger than he does the old man.
    I need to download these. Haven't watched any of season 2 yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by a500lbgorilla View Post
    I like the young Baratheon king. Him + Rob Stark as the two kings south of the wall would be ideal, imo.

Also, with Tyrion's little play to find out who he can trust, It'd be sweet if the eunuch figured out the play and set up the old man. Fewer advisors on the small counsel the better and he prob has much more ammunition against Little Finger than he does the old man.
    This would indeed be interesting, but I don't think it's the case. It just doesn't seem to jive with the writing. I think we saw a "clean win" by Tyrion... we are supposed to feel a certain way about how he has solidified his power base. Sure, he won't hold that power for forever, but I don't think that we will look back later and see that he never really had it. Varys' riddle seemed to me to be him swearing (temporary) fealty to Tyrion, because he respects the play. The scene makes far less sense if Varys orchestrated it all.
    i cant say i like the story of lf being in love with cat
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    i cant say i like the story of lf being in love with cat
    wait, what? Hasn't that been the case all along?

Also, I think that it may have been love once, but now it's more of a sick obsession. I don't think we are supposed to get butterflies in our stomach and relate to LF in the way he feels about Cat...
    i just dont like it as a part of the story. it's not entirely plausible either. it's plausible enough, i guess, but i just don't like it, never did.

it just doesn't seem to fit in with the rest of the show. logistically, a lot of the relationships in this show are just dumb. like how exactly were robert and ned best buds? they kinda couldnt be given they had to have spent almost all of their time not around each other. it's not like the starks and baratheons are next door neighbors. and then they're both buds with jon arryn, who is from an even different part of the seven kingdoms?

im just not buying a lot of this, but ultimately i dont care. expect for lf being infatuated with cat. it's just kinda lame, especially since she looks like she could be his mother
    i just dont like it as a part of the story. it's not entirely plausible either. it's plausible enough, i guess, but i just don't like it, never did.

it just doesn't seem to fit in with the rest of the show. logistically, a lot of the relationships in this show are just dumb. like how exactly were robert and ned best buds? they kinda couldnt be given they had to have spent almost all of their time not around each other. it's not like the starks and baratheons are next door neighbors. and then they're both buds with jon arryn, who is from an even different part of the seven kingdoms?

im just not buying a lot of this, but ultimately i dont care. expect for lf being infatuated with cat. it's just kinda lame, especially since she looks like she could be his mother

Ya, I thought about the whole Aryn/Ned/Robert dynamic as well. I'm not really sure what to make of it. They did all fight the war together, and maybe that was where the bond was truly forged. They were brother's in law, so they could have had plenty of time before the war to get acquainted.

Idk, doesn't seem all that implausible to me. But I do agree that some explaining would help its believability.
    they were raised by jon arryn. this was said repeatedly in s1.

catlyn and littlefinger were also raised together as littlefinger was a ward of lord tully. also said a few times in s1

?wut
    I recall them saying things like that, but it doesn't make too much sense. Why was a Stark of Winterfell raised by the Warden of the East? And why also Robert Baratheon? It doesn't make much sense when the authors suggest some strong cultural and regional histories of the characters, but then also say they were super close buddies

The storytelling has these characters in two places at once, or at least that's the impression of it. It certainly appears that GRRM has some logistics problems. One example would be that the Greyjoys are any sort of threat to large inland nations
    would assume it's to build relationships just like it was back in feudal europe.

greyjoy's aren't a threat to any inland nations, which is why they waited until all of the north went south to strike.

?wut
    I recall them saying things like that, but it doesn't make too much sense. Why was a Stark of Winterfell raised by the Warden of the East? And why also Robert Baratheon?
    A couple of different but necessary reasons in times of feudal warfare:

1) Keep some heirs with your buddies in case your shit gets wiped out.
    2) As a guarantee of an otherwise shaky truce, ie. send me your kid as a preventative measure against you attacking me. In this, the kid is sort of a hostage. Theon would be classified in this category, although the Starks were much kinder to him than usual.
    I can see that, I just don't see it in the way this story is being told

It's more of a personal nittery thing because I don't think it's being explained well across the board, and specifically, the LF/Cat thing just seems dumb. The apparent connection between them is just something that was said about the past that has to be assumed is important, and she looks like his mom. At the very least, Cat would need to be younger for me to believe the story

Also, I don't really like LF's story, as it doesn't make too much sense to me, as well as I don't like his character's motivations WRT things like being abysmally in love with this chick from when he was a boy, even after everything is different many years later

I just don't like that whole storyline. I feel like the books may have expressed them better, but in the show it's just "they said it so now we have to believe it's relevant"

Whatever, I'm being kinda lame about this. Just from the very beginning I looked at Carcetti then at a chick who looks like his mom and thought him being in love with her was stupid, at least as far as to the degree the show has described it
    Don't think these classify as spoilers but just in case in white below:

About the Cat/LF love thing: LF was raised as a ward (like Theon w/ the Starks) with the Tully's (Cat's family) and they were all the same age. he fell in love/became obsessed, etc and this is carrying over to her daughter now because she looks like her and he's a pedobear! (Pedobear part is joke.)

To clarify the Robert/Ned/Jon thing: In the books it explains that Ned was a ward as a child with Robert in some castle in the south. Stormsomethingorother was the name of it I think. They grew up together and Jon was like a father figure/uncle whatever to them when he was there. Can't remember how much he was actually there though being he was Warden of the East.
    Get out of here you dirty booker!
    dranger, it's pretty fucking simple. If your sentence can be prefaced with "In the books" then at the very least it belongs in spoiler tags, and better yet just post it in the book thread. I did not highlight what is in white, and the backstory you provided is not really a big deal, and I can't see how it could possibly spoil anything, but still, it just doesn't belong here. There is a thread for book readers now. Don't post in here trying to guide "us poor nonbook readers." We watch the show, and we are fine with just watching the show.
    highlighted what dranger said, and it seems you put in a plot development that is yet to come in the show
    A few people seemed to be wondering about some character interaction going.on so I thought I would clarify. I didnt describe any plot development. LF is clearly interested in Sansa and its not a stretch to figure out why since hes obsessed (as others have mentioned) with Cat from childhood days.

Whatever, since I spoiled tge show for you guys I guesd my work here is done...

-____-

Please fucking relax, I put it whitr just in case and me.tioned the possibility of it being a spoiler beforehand so chill. Rilla would have deleted.it if I.had been like ZOMG so and so got staaaaaaaabbeddddddd.
    Quote Originally Posted by dranger7070 View Post
    [edited out because dranger is a fucking retard who can't grasp the concept of a spoiler]

Whatever, since I spoiled tge show for you guys I guesd my work here is done...

-____-

Please fucking relax, I put it whitr just in case and me.tioned the possibility of it being a spoiler beforehand so chill. Rilla would have deleted.it if I.had been like ZOMG so and so got staaaaaaaabbeddddddd.
    Why the fuck is it so hard to understand. If people want book info, they can go find book info easily. There are plenty of places, including a fucking thread in this very forum, to discuss the books in conjunction with the show.

Several people were indeed wondering about this stuff-- wondering and speculating. That's what TV viewers want to do. Once you chime in, there is no more speculating to be done. If someone really wants some info they can PM you... or if you REALLY feel like you want to "help" someone, then you can PM them asking if they'd like you to clarify something. But this thread is not the place to openly "clear things up" for us non book readers. It's really fucking simple-- this is a thread about the TV show Game of Thrones, a thread in which people discuss the TV show.

Also, your line of "don't get butthurt, blah blah" is so fucking ridiculous. I am not interested in having you clarify things for me, and I would think that others feel the same. There is a thread for book readers where book content can be openly posted. How about you don't get butthurt when people tell you to start using common sense and shut the fuck up with your (mild as they may be) spoilers?

edit: and it wasn't even what was in white, I didn't read that. I don't really think what you posted about the Ned/Robert backstory was particularly spoilerish as those arcs have ended and it is highly highly unlikely that their past will be revisited and this info released in the show later. However it's still book info that just doesn't belong in here, at least not without spoiler tags. I haven't read the books, I don't want to read the books, I just want to enjoy the show. Part of enjoying the show is speculating. That includes speculating about Ned and Robert's past-- which is pretty pointless now that you've kindly filled us all in.

Just because you can't see how something like this can alter or upset someone's viewing experience doesn't mean it can't. You see to honestly just want to help out, so why not just play it safe and not take the risk of fucking things up for others who may consider these "helpful hints" to be spoilers? Why would you even argue the point? Just put any fucking book info in spoiler tags. It's that simple.
    Last edited by boost; 04-17-2012 at 05:50 PM.
    Just rename the thread "Boost and Wuf's Wild Speculation about Game of Thrones TV Series" and ban anyone else from posting in it.

Edit: I'm serious, having *SPOILERS* in the title makes it seem like it's OK to talk about...spoilers.
    Just rename the thread "Boost and Wuf's Wild Speculation about Game of Thrones TV Series" and ban anyone else from posting in it.

Edit: I'm serious, having *SPOILERS* in the title makes it seem like it's OK to talk about...spoilers.
    ugh, the title was edited because e02 was leaked a week before its official airing. So e02 was being discussed in here, therefore there may be spoilers to those who didn't want to/didn't know how to get the leaked ep.

Again, I'll point to common sense as the solution. There are two threads, this one which is about the TV show and should be spoiler free, and A Song of Fire and Ice which is about the show and the book and you can post all the spoilers you want (I assume, as I haven't clicked that thread.)

Anyways, if wuf and I are the only ones who care to have a spoiler free discussion about the TV show on FTR, then I guess we can just continue to post in the 2+2 GoT TV discussion thread, where common sense is generally followed by posters and mods. However I figured it would be nice to have a place to discuss the show with FTR'ers-- and have that be a place where non book readers feel safe from spoilers.
    I'd like to add that I'm not trying to trash FTR, or anyone (except for dranger).. the honest truth is that most people are pretty casual TV watchers, and don't care all that much about spoilers. On top of that, a lot of people just need to know, and their need to know is greater than their desire to enjoy a weekly hour long show as it comes. The 2+2 thread is probably actually a very rare example of a fairly strict spoiler free environment to discuss a show which is heavily based on source material.

It actually makes me curious to know where else such threads exist.
    This is the best GoT thread on the internet

Completely Unspoiled Speculation - TWoP Forums - Page 177

Extremely strict regulation i.e. bookreaders are banned if they so much as post in it and anybody who mentions the books is banned. I generally don't read that thread though because it's srsbsns as shit. They get down to the nitty gritty and really try to figure out where things are going. I also think a lot of them are women or men with feminine traits in as much as loving to gabby gabby gabby about TV
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    You're all dicks!
    Last edited by BennyLaRue; 04-17-2012 at 07:47 PM.
    thanks for the link wuf. The content generally seems very good, but I see what you mean about it being full of women. There's a lot of "I'm so happy we got to see X, he's so dreamy!" But, that isn't so bad, ootv is the same, just it's a bunch of guys so we talk about the females instead.
    yeah all the best speculations are from that thread. like the ones about snow being lyanna and rhaegar's kid instead of a bastard. bookreaders generally dont get how what they say has spoilerish effects. even dids on 2p2 has done some very mild spoilers in saying things like "fyi no major spoilers have been posted itt". so now i know im wrong about a lot of what i say

it's not really a big deal, but on TWoP, it's a zero tolerance policy, and you can pretty much guarantee nobody posting in there knows anything about the books

lots of speculation in that thread has been right though. ofc, lots has been wrong. one, for example, was they talked a lot about the cloaked dude in the cage in the wagon with gendry and arya moving to the wall at the end of season 1. the cinematography was obviously showing this guy enough that he wasn't just an extra, but he had no face. so the speculation was that they hadnt cast the character yet, but he's important. the most hopeful guess was that it was ser barristan in hiding, which would have been awesome, but it turns out the guy is most likely the long-haired dude that arya gave the axe to, and who is likely to have an important role

so they notice a lot of really legit things in there.
    i will say that renly is a good looking dude

he looks better this season than last

ofc i think the same about gendry

i think what im saying is that guys with nice beards look badass

ive never been able to grow a beard that didnt utterly suck
    i really hope theon isn't betraying robb. ive hated every bit of his character except when he was yelling at his dad and when he was getting annointed

it seems to me this is the first time he's got some really hard decisions to make, and i want him to make the right ones
    Yeah, the actor playing Theon bugs me.

If we're being absolutely honest, I think I might be racist against people with big gaps between their teeth. You can't trust them. With their teeth clenched, will they spit at you or won't they? You just don't know.
    Jesus. Christ.

I can't believe you are losing your damn mind over me mentioning two very minor details in the books that have already had things ON THE SHOW aired about them and with others itt speculating about those said topics. Maybe you guys did just want to speculate, I've never taken part in one of these threads before so being the ignorant asshole that I am... I ACTUALLY POSTED SOMETHING ATTEMPTING TO CLEAR THINGS UP LOLOMG WHAT A FUCKING MORON AMIRITE?!?! How could anyone do such a moronic and retardedly assholeish thing!?

Must be braindead dawg.

My. Fucking. Bad. You can take your panties out of their bunch now if you want, I'm not posting another word in this thread.
    Hey, I may have been a bit harsh, but the fact that you still can't comprehend the idea that minor spoilers and unshown back story can compound and end up really altering someone's viewing experience tells me that being harsh was necessary. You clearly didn't learn anything, but at least you won't be posting in this thread anymore. Good riddance.
    i dont find the backstory a problem, but i also didnt know that lf has a thing for sansa. that isn't yet a part of the show
    Yes, but more importantly...what is gonna happen in the show???

(I wont post anything about what anyone says. I just like reading what ppl with no book knowledge think about the show)
    i dont find the backstory a problem, but i also didnt know that lf has a thing for sansa. that isn't yet a part of the show
    Season 1 at the Hand tourney, lf meets sansa, obvious.attraction on lf's part and mentions how much she looks like her mother which you find out later on hes got at least a mild obsession with.her.

Whatever, im not here.
    my biggest spoiler by far came from trying to google how to spell a name of a character, so rest easy, i guess
    Since I cant avoid an e-fight:

Boost you are getting.pissy over nothing. I.read.the last page again concerning the stark/arryn/robert thing amd more than one person expressed interest in how they were so close despite living hundreds of miles.from one another. I revealed nothing of.the story, especially considering they are all long dead at this point.

As for the sansa/lf/cat thing, I put in white to avoid just this.sort of bullshit. I easnt sure if it was spoiling so I covered it so the people that werent that curious.werent forced to read it. That obviously includes yourself. Quit attacking mer and.telling me.to.gtfo. If this thread isnt regulated enough for you, 2p2 is -> that way.

Oh, amd.good riddance ya TV series Nazi.
    You piece of shit.

Seriously.

You just proved how much of a piece of shit you are.

You put something in spoiler tags because it might be spoilerish. Then you repeatedly post about it outside of spoiler tags. I hope your mother contracts super aids. You are like a fucking child. You have no fucking sense. Stop fucking posting spoilers. People speculating and expressing curiosity does not mean that they want you to post book info. You are the fucking nut worst. I hope all the bad things in life happen to you and nobody else but you.
    Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go put some water in dranger's mama's dish. Good evening.
    Last edited by Renton; 04-18-2012 at 05:51 AM.
    ugh.

I have been in a weird negative mood the past few days. Not sure why, but it is what it is. Anyways, I'd like to apologize for the tone of my recent posts. I'd like to be clear and say that I stand by the points I made, but I do not in fact wish super aids on anyone, and while I think dranger has the downs, I do not think he is a piece of shit. Again, I stand by the opinion that since there are two threads, no book info/spoilers/help should be posted in this thread, but I am sorry for the overly negative tone of my recent posts, esp the stuff directed towards my second favorite person in Michigan.
    BUT WHATS GOING ON IN THE SHOW? (i like reading what ppl that dont know about the books think is gonna happen -__-)
    Hahaohwow.jpeg

?wut