Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumSmall Stakes NL Hold'em

[5NL] 76s in BB lead flop?

Default [5NL] 76s in BB lead flop?

BTN: $28.26 (565.2 bb) {40/27, 44% ATS, 73% CB, 1/5 fold to donk, 56% fold to CB, 170 hands}
    SB: $6.93 (138.6 bb) {58/8, 0/1 fold to CB, 26 hands}
    Hero (BB): $12.50 (250 bb)
    CO: $9.15 (183 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6 7
    CO folds, BTN raises to $0.10, SB calls $0.08, Hero calls $0.05

Flop: ($0.34) 8 K 9 (3 players)
    SB checks, Hero bets $0.24?????????????

Basically a line check here..

I think pre is okay but always welcome criticism.

Is leading flop the best play? We can't figure to have all that much fold equity vs. these two players but it should atleast bring us heads up some of the time and in position vs. the SB about half of that time. Some of our outs are going to be dirty some of the time. Surely leading here beats c/c?
    Yah I don't mind taking this line once in a while, with the intention of barreling diamonds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay-Z
    I'm a couple hands down and I'm tryin' to get back
    I gave the other grip, I lost a flip for five stacks
    x/r is villain bets and SB folds. x/c if villain bets and SB calls imo.

Btn is c-betting too much and I don't see why this wouldn't be a board where he continued to do so. As a result he's going to find it hard to defend enough unless he is really fishy in which case you want to build a pot anyway because he will make huge mistakes when you hit.

I actually expect SB to come along a lot though and keeping fish in the pot is great news.
    I think that you have to only go check, not to leading flop. However BTN is the player who raise pre-flop, and in situation like this is more than sure that he will call you, and you don't have nothing. For my opinion it will be better if you let him to lead this hand, and you to wait your straight if it comes. Of course your move maybe will bring you to heads-up, but that will not very help you if it will not be dealt 5 or T to the end of the hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by ImSavy View Post
    x/r is villain bets and SB folds. x/c if villain bets and SB calls imo.

Btn is c-betting too much and I don't see why this wouldn't be a board where he continued to do so. As a result he's going to find it hard to defend enough unless he is really fishy in which case you want to build a pot anyway because he will make huge mistakes when you hit.

I actually expect SB to come along a lot though and keeping fish in the pot is great news.
    In the case that villain bets, SB folds and we've X/R the flop, what cards are we barrelling? Obviously Tx and 5x, diamonds? Ax?
    Dunno, you'd have to break down what you think villain calls a x/r with and see what cards do what to equities on the turn. I'm pretty sure equilab gives you the ability to do this. Obviously we don't know villains range but try lots of different possible ranges and see how it varies.