Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumSmall Stakes NL Hold'em

60K hands up for review 10nl-25nl-50nl(Playing 240hrs a month)

Default 60K hands up for review 10nl-25nl-50nl(Playing 240hrs a month)

Background : My name is Tyler I live in Las Vegas I'm 23 I have planned to be a pro poker player sense I was 18 I have not played much in the recent 2 years as no money available with car and house payment. Finally I am receiving $6000 in tax time to finally start my poker dream after 5years of on and off studying to be a pro. So with that said I'm going to go into full boot camp mode for the next 6monthes until I get the money I am going to play 240hrs a month of online poker starting at 10nl. Once I get my money I am going to play Live I am very confident Live but I want to master online before I get the money just for insurance and proof for myself and more confidence in February to know I dominated in online poker which is all know is 1000x more difficult.

I have now completed 1 month of online poker I started at 50NL because 2nd day I got on I won a $10 tourney for $1000 proceeded to lose all of it now im back down to 200.

Heres my stats I know they are going to be horrrrrrrriible like insane I know this
    I played too many tables at a time also had NOOOO HUD STATS. I have hud stats now..and have made a new rule for myself 4 tables MAX.

Now here are my stats please note which stats are ok and which stats need improving and explain how to improve each stat. You folks will be my number 1 help to getting me to where I want to be you guys are amazing and I thank you soooo sooo very much for all your help you have no idea how much I appreciate this as I know I am going to get very good advice thank you sooo very truly deeply from the bottom of my heart for you time. Because I know we got a lot to work on

Also: Sense I plan to play 240hrs a week anyone know of a Skype call or Ventrilo server that has poker players playing on it also I want to start streaming so if every now then people want to sweat me u can also hear what im saying and watch live

I will post monthly graphs and stats for the next 6 monthes

FULL RING STATS

6 MAX STATS

unfortunately it's not 2006 and you are in the states...
    what site are you planning to play on? how are you planning to get your withdrawals? You are a net losing poker player, going pro doesn't make much sense.
    $6000 isn't much money to be trying to become a live pro.... ever had a 30buyin swing?
    also, 240hrs a month is a LOT of poker, ever concentrated that much before in your life?
    god i sound negative, oh well

Default important cycamse

Lets keep the comments about analyzing the stats no opinions or emotion
    And im not a net losing player roughly 7kish up I live in vegas and anyone can beat the 1-2 tables here

also sense I live in Nevada I can play on the first legal poker site ultimate poker and also play on carbon

and 30buying in live is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy enough

and EDIT EDIT EDIT sorry 240hrs of poker time per month roughly 50% studyin 50% playing

This is my first online month back in years ALL following monthes will be positive results
    Quote Originally Posted by Skrooloose View Post
    and 30buying in live is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy enough

and EDIT EDIT EDIT sorry 240hrs of poker time per month roughly 50% studyin 50% playing

This is my first online month back in years ALL following monthes will be positive results
    best of luck, you'll be fine then - i look forward to your updates
    Also, please keep in mind I did many experiments in the first month like NO HUD for instance. LOL
    All following month's will be positive results.
    And ill stream tomorrow!!
    I wanted to show everybody how bad you can be(me right now at online) and watch how fast you can excel if you put in the hours I hope my story will inspire others.

WATCH MY STREAM LIVE IN APROX 6 HRS

Im still up playing online poker from last night...played 12 hrs straight with 4hrs studying. Luckily I only need 6hrs sleep everynight

skrooloose212 on Justin.tv
    gl burning yourself out and streaming yourself playing is stupid.
    Pick a stake you think you can beat, and grind it. Move up when you win ~20-30 buyins for the next stake and don't move up before then.

Definitely do NOT brink a tournament, and think just because you now have the money you should go play 50nl online. Move your way up systematically.

I haven't play 50nl in a very long time, but I would imagine that it is MUCH harder than 1/2 live in Vegas.

As an aside, if you're crushing live so bad I don't see why you wouldn't just keep grinding that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay-Z
    I'm a couple hands down and I'm tryin' to get back
    I gave the other grip, I lost a flip for five stacks
    Looking forward to playing you while you are live streaming

(crap...did I give something away here?)
    gabe: Ive dropped almost 100k in the past 35 days.

bigspenda73: But how much did you win?
    I def wont burn out 240hrs is not that much I love poker

And I don't grind live because I don't have a big enough bank roll
    STREAMING LIVE NOW Justin.tv @ Skrooloose212
    Dude. You gotta stop the facebook and all the other crap you're doing in the background. It's distracting you from poker and limiting your ability to notice your opponents' habits.

Also, all I've heard from you is 2 loud belches and some clicking on the keyboard. If you're not talking, then turn off the mic.

Both of these things make your livestream hard to watch.
    OMG my eyes, it's FR. Yaaaawn
    ohhh broo your watching!!!! I didn't know anyone was!!! gunna start talking now and exit everything else

lolz at watching someone type a response to me. So meta.

Audio is better than before. Still not excellent.
    You're losing money at 6m because you are insanely nitty at that game. 14/12 in the CO is impressively nitty. Are you like open folding A9s? You could very easily be playing twice as many hands. You could also increase your BU VPIP by 50% and still be playing on the tight side. No wonder you FaceBook while you play; I'd probably be lighting small fires between every hand I VPIP just to keep myself entertained if I played this selectively.

Your EP stats are excessively tight as well, but that's not as big of a deal.
    Last edited by TNreg; 08-20-2013 at 07:49 PM.
    Did you seriously fold AJs when it was folded to you in the HJ?
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMojoMonkey View Post
    Did you seriously fold AJs when it was folded to you in the HJ?
    That's what happens when you play 11/10 from the HJ.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMojoMonkey View Post

lolz at watching someone type a response to me. So meta.

Audio is better than before. Still not excellent.
    That's just funny..

I applaud your enthusiasm bro. I lived in st george, ut for a bit so I've played in vegas a bit, but i was always too busy with work, and honestly i was down right shitty a poker then (2006/2007). I can see why you want to give online a go. It is much more challenging as I guess you've seen. Carbon is on Merge right? I'll be moving over there in the next month or so.

Here's my two cents: you seem to be saying your disciplined and dedicated right? If this is the case then pick a micro stake 4nl/10nl, and beat it. Don't go on a 10--15 BI heater, and move up. beat the stake. give yourself homework, review some hands every night, and post more than you poker soap opera here in the BC...(Hands!Hands!hands!) no offense

OH, and good luck.
    "We're all just a million little gods causing rainstorms, turning every good thing to rust...."AF
    Still looking for someone to tell me how my numbers look and what I can improve on and where my big leaks are.

Thank you so much in advance
    Still looking for someone to tell me how my numbers look and what I can improve on and where my big leaks are.

Thank you so much in advance
    You've been given better advice in this thread already.

i.e. get a new plan what you're doing is mix of lol worthy and impossible.
    I'm no expert but I think you'd be better off posting hands with situations where you commonly struggle rather than a block of stats where you're only going to receive vague advice like "loosen up here, tighten up there, steal more here, etc".
    I think there has been more than enough conversation in this thread about your mistakes already to start working on some things. You are going to get killed as you move up to stakes where people use huds, and can make being too tight a living hell. Your positional game, your opening ranges and your ideas about how to learn this game is not going to help you.
    All I got was your too tight and comments about getting a new plan...I still haven't received 1 stat comment besides my pre flop tightness.
    All I got was your too tight and comments about getting a new plan...I still haven't received 1 stat comment besides my pre flop tightness.
    The fact that this is the case (i.e. meaning your plan is so fucking stupid) should ring an alarm bell.
    None of your post flop stats matter when you aren't playing preflop properly. As tight as you play, you're going to have skewed stats from having a tight range of hands in most of the spots that require thinking. Just fix some of the more grandiose mistakes first. How much of your game are you planning to try and change at the same time?
    This is because your stats are not your biggest leak.
    “Right thoughts produce right actions and right actions produce work which will be a material reflection for others to see of the serenity at the center of it all”

Put hero on a goddamn range part II- The 6max years

Quote Originally Posted by d0zer View Post
    start using your brain more and vagina less

Quote Originally Posted by kingnat View Post
    Members who's signature is a humorous quote about his/herself made by someone who is considered a notable member of the FTR community to give themselves a sense of belonging.
    I never thought that saying "you should literally play twice as many hands" would be considered too tepid of advice.

When you change your range that much, it's going to completely change your post flop stats. Your AF is high, for example, but that'll change once your start playing hands worse than AJ. I guess I could say that your chef seems low for someone who's seeing the flop with such insanely strong ranges, but telling you to loosen up and then adjust your post flop play accordingly seems ~three trillion times more helpful than giving you advice on how to execute your shitty plan more optimally.