Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Community

**** Elections thread *****

Page 91 of 111 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast
Results 6,751 to 6,825 of 8309
    What about the press conference is no good?

fwiw the alt-left has been very violent, and from what i briefly saw, this particular event included it. as far as i have seen, the alt-left's violence has never been touched by any media other than conservative/trump friendly media.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post

fwiw the alt-left has been very violent, and from what i briefly saw, this particular event included it. as far as i have seen, the alt-left's violence has never been touched by any media other than conservative/trump friendly media.
    He does not command respect. Maybe this is intentional with the press conferences, so that he can look like an embattled underdog vs the media-- but it's a pathetic showing for a leader.

I get how this appeals to people(nonwufwugys). I even get how you(wufwugy) can see it as and admire it as a tactic. But I have a hard time believing that you(wufwugy) watch that press conference, and think "that's my guy-- that guy inspires me[not in a "look at his persuasion 3D chess moves!" way, but like how MLK, Ronald Reagan, Winston Churchill, etc inspired people]."

I accept the possibility that he's playing 3D chess, but whether that's the case or not, he's a defensive twat in this press conference, not a leader when the country needs a leader.
    Quote Originally Posted by boost View Post
    He does not command respect. Maybe this is intentional with the press conferences, so that he can look like an embattled underdog vs the media-- but it's a pathetic showing for a leader.

I get how this appeals to people(nonwufwugys). I even get how you(wufwugy) can see it as and admire it as a tactic. But I have a hard time believing that you(wufwugy) watch that press conference, and think "that's my guy-- that guy inspires me[not in a "look at his persuasion 3D chess moves!" way, but like how MLK, Ronald Reagan, Winston Churchill, etc inspired people]."

I accept the possibility that he's playing 3D chess, but whether that's the case or not, he's a defensive twat in this press conference, not a leader when the country needs a leader.
    I basically agree with all this.

If he is doing 3d chess with his style, it is more about how he gets his haters to foam at the mouth and make mistakes because of it. To the media elite, he is a buffoon, so they do not understand why they can't shred him. So they try to shred him. Then when what he says resonates with enough non-elites and they start changing the channel, the media elites have no idea what happened. It could be that the lack of respect like you pointed out is biting the media elites in the ass. Normal people want their President respected even when he doesn't deserve/command it, because the office deserves/commands it. But the media elites do not show him respect and they think they're winning because of it.

I often just grin and laugh. He says things in such a ridiculous way. Is it a net benefit for him? I don't know. He certainly loses some support because of it; Romney got a lot of votes from those types that Trump did not. His ridiculousness triggers the hell out of people who don't like him. It used to trigger me.

One thing to note: smooth talkers is the norm. And they're the ones who have been selling Americans down the river. People who like Trump like him in large part because he is not smooth. They like that in simple terms he says "you are fake news, you are fake news, you are fake news" to the media that they believe is fake news. I saw one guy say that if he could vote for a herd of buffalo to stampede Congress, he would do that, but he can't so Trump is the next best option.
    Last edited by wufwugy; 08-16-2017 at 03:21 PM.

Well, for one, "alt-left" isn't a thing wuf.

Carry on
    My dream... is to fly... over the rainbow... so high...

Cogito ergo sum

VHS is like a book? and a book is like a stack of kindles.
    Hey, I'm in a movie!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYdwe3ArFWA
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Sawyer View Post
    Well, for one, "alt-left" isn't a thing wuf.

Carry on
    Totally true. The violent totalitarians and media apologists are just normal left.
    Quote Originally Posted by boost View Post
    What do you mean by 3-d chess? Do you mean like he's doing something complicated? He isn't. What's good about him is that he doesn't have a personality that results in things sticking to him, because he just chats shit. I don't say chats shit as a bad thing as I think overall it's a very positive thing for him personally to do. In the past 2/3 days I've seen Trump say there are problems with both sides, the far right are terrible, the far left is terrible and it's no ones fault. Now to me that means I think he's just chatting shit with a very slight right agenda because that's his demographic but I can also read that and think he's chatting shit whilst reading into it to think that I agree with him because he will no doubt have said things I agree with even if it's just hinting at something. The fact he's then said 7 others things 2 of which completely disagree with that thing is less important.

The only group he purposefully never agrees with and tries his best to single out is the actual liberal left and they've got themselves into such a mess that bar that actual group pretty much everyone agrees they are annoying, at least.

To think that he has some master plan where he is 10 moves ahead of what's going on is just completely false of all politics, business and life in general. For Trump to work lots of things have had to come together and create the right situation. What people do forget is that Trump has been there the whole time, if that situation never arises people may be like lolololol Trump as a character but when it does he's going to pounce.
    Alt-left is a thing and the fact you're all talking about what Trump has to say about it only goes to show what an excellent job the mass media are doing manipulating the shit out of the event for political points scoring.

Who gives a fuck what Trump thinks? I don't. Why aren't you people worried about who's stoking these fires?

Tin hat time. Anyone notice his registration plate? GVF 1111. Weird enough, I mean 0.1% chance of randing quads on your reg. It's not personalised, this car with this reg has a former owner.

His Mother's reg? GVF 1122. They interviewed her, like half an hour after the incident, and made sure to get the registration plate in.

This has deep state bullshit false flag illuminati numerology shit written all the fuck over it.

Oh, on Soros' fucking birthday.

Sorry, carry on being herded.
    ongies gonna ong
    Quote Originally Posted by Savy View Post
    To think that he has some master plan where he is 10 moves ahead of what's going on is just completely false of all politics, business and life in general. For Trump to work lots of things have had to come together and create the right situation. What people do forget is that Trump has been there the whole time, if that situation never arises people may be like lolololol Trump as a character but when it does he's going to pounce.
    I agree that the claims of him using 3d chess (meme version: 12d intergalactic underwater chess) are quite overrating of what is actually going on. However, I estimate some of it is probably 3d chess. The type of example is that it appears to be about as confirmed as can be without actually being confirmed that the Trump administration is planting a significant amount of fake news. The purpose has been to give the media a rabbit to chase, barium meals to find leakers, and to keep the press busy while Trump does actual policy stuff the Democrats don't like.

Another example of 3d chess is the healthcare situation. Trump told us from the beginning that the most likely scenario is that these bills won't pass and that instead we'll have an election with a quickly failing Obamacare on our hands and the Democrats will get blamed while the GOP will be exhausted from failure. So far I've seen none in anti-Trump circles acknowledge this, even though many in pro-Trump circles saw it quickly.

Do we know those are his 3d chess? No, but a solid case can be made that they are. There are other examples of possible 12d intergalactic underwater chess, some I agree with and some I don't, that are very crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    This has deep state bullshit false flag illuminati numerology shit written all the fuck over it.
    It could be something somewhat like this. I've seen tons of detailed analyses of previous clashes between antifa fascists and actual non-fascists that strongly support the claim that the local police are purposely standing down and stoking riots. Could just be circumstantial and coincidental and confirmation bias. Could also be true.

Though I tend to *believe* it, I still say the probability of it being true is closer to 10%.
    I think Trump is playing an excellent business hand. He send a tweet, and within two hours Amazon loses $5.5b. You think he and his cronies didn't make a wedge off that little exercise? He knows what he's doing.

Politically, he's fucked. He's up against those who control the media, control how people think, because people are fucking morons and can't see how they are silencing and shaming anyone who speaks truth, while giving a platform to those who push their agenda. They control the senate, thet control the majority of the people, Trump can be armed to the teeth but unless he can put Soros in fucking jail, he's a puppet, whether he wants to be or not.

But he can still use his position to make billions, so good luck to him gaming the system while being fucked up the arse by the deep state.
    ongies gonna ong
    It could be something somewhat like this. I've seen tons of detailed analyses of previous clashes between antifa fascists and actual non-fascists that strongly support the claim that the local police are purposely standing down and stoking riots. Could just be circumstantial and coincidental and confirmation bias. Could also be true.

Though I tend to *believe* it, I still say the probability of it being true is closer to 10%.
    Nah, I mean the probability of it being a conincidence is getting into the billions.

The numbers 11 and 22 are everywhere in these fucking things. I'd prefer to think it's fantasy, but the truth is I believe it's the real world. Orwell wasn't writing fiction.
    ongies gonna ong
    The only group he purposefully never agrees with and tries his best to single out is the actual liberal left and they've got themselves into such a mess that bar that actual group pretty much everyone agrees they are annoying, at least.
    I would like to say that I think it may be best to separate the left and liberals. Leftism doesn't represent liberal values at all. The left has been hijacking the term liberal for a very long time and it has stuck, but today the left is becoming so aggressive that liberals are beginning to wake up. Like liberal Dave Rubin says, defending his liberal values has become a conservative position. Example of the distinction: liberalism says that race doesn't matter. But according to the left, race (and sex, religion, other group identities) are what matter the most. Leftism is totalitarianism and social justice bigotry. Liberalism is not.
    I think Trump is playing an excellent business hand. He send a tweet, and within two hours Amazon loses $5.5b. You think he and his cronies didn't make a wedge off that little exercise? He knows what he's doing.

Politically, he's fucked. He's up against those who control the media, control how people think, because people are fucking morons and can't see how they are silencing and shaming anyone who speaks truth, while giving a platform to those who push their agenda. They control the senate, thet control the majority of the people, Trump can be armed to the teeth but unless he can put Soros in fucking jail, he's a puppet, whether he wants to be or not.

But he can still use his position to make billions, so good luck to him gaming the system while being fucked up the arse by the deep state.
    Hasn't Trump's track record been showing that it is he doing the fucking?
    Hasn't Trump's track record been showing that it is he doing the fucking?
    Can he pass a bill? I dunno, last I heard he failed to get rid of Obamacare because McCain is a little weasle. And he had to sign off sanctions he didn't want to sign off.

I mean he's the presiedent. Why isn't he in charge of foreign policy?
    ongies gonna ong
    Can he pass a bill? I dunno, last I heard he failed to get rid of Obamacare because McCain is a little weasle. And he had to sign off sanctions he didn't want to sign off.

I mean he's the presiedent. Why isn't he in charge of foreign policy?
    He's signed a whole bunch of bills into law. Tons of executive action. Most focus on foreign policy and very big gains have resulted. Obamacare repeal would be one of the most impossibly epic feats in US political history. Trust me, it's gonna take time and he is working a plan.

Keep in mind that EVERY part of what people hear about current events is filtered and formed by Democrats. Unless you get news from a handful of unaffiliated organizations, every media personality is a Democrat and the output is pro-Democrat and anti-Trump. Even when it appears unbiased and reasoned, rest assured that you are being told what to believe to be true by Democrats.

They flat out do not cover any of the actual happenings of the Trump administration, and they make up everything else or focus on trivialities and paint them in a negative light.
    BTW by track record I meant more staying power and trend. He's blasting asses. Democrats have been pouring everything they have into their narrative and all they got was people thinking they are lying to us. And they poured everything into special elections that they were convinced they would win and all the fake pollsters said they would win and yet they still lost.

Trump always LOOKS like he is a fool and LOOKS like he is losing. Sun Tzu would be very proud.
    Unless you get news from a handful of unaffiliated organizations, every media personality is a Democrat
    Yeah I mean I get my news mostly from Twitter, and the most prominent sources are people like Paul Joseph Watson, Sweden dude, Tommy Robinson, KT Hopkins... all right wing. I follow Breitbart too. Got a few lefties for balance, but it's mostly plonkers who just cry about Trump on a daily basis. It's hard to take them seriously because the way I see it, they are either part of the system, or unwitting tools of the system.
    ongies gonna ong
    BTW by track record I meant more staying power and trend. He's blasting asses. Democrats have been pouring everything they have into their narrative and all they got was people thinking they are lying to us. And they poured everything into special elections that they were convinced they would win and all the fake pollsters said they would win and yet they still lost.

Trump always LOOKS like he is a fool and LOOKS like he is losing. Sun Tzu would be very proud.
    I do hope this is an accurate assessment. I think you're more optimistic than I am. I mean I'm still unconvinced of his sincerity... there's still a part of me that think he might just be part of an elaborate puppet show. But one way or another, Clinton is definitely deep state, so he can only ever reach as bad as it otherwise could've been.
    ongies gonna ong
    Yeah I mean I get my news mostly from Twitter, and the most prominent sources are people like Paul Joseph Watson, Sweden dude, Tommy Robinson, KT Hopkins... all right wing. I follow Breitbart too. Got a few lefties for balance, but it's mostly plonkers who just cry about Trump on a daily basis. It's hard to take them seriously because the way I see it, they are either part of the system, or unwitting tools of the system.
    Even then it can be tough. The best breakdowns of what Trump has actually done I've seen from Thomas Wictor on twitter. Conservative Treehouse has good stuff too, but they're essays so I don't read them. Breitbart and Gateway Pundit still miss a lot of stuff. On occasion they will have synopses of what the administration has done, which hasn't once been covered by the media-Democrat complex.

Also Carlos Slim's blog (the NYT) shilled for Stalin. Some things never change.
    I do hope this is an accurate assessment.
    You and me both buddy.
    I mean I'm still unconvinced of his sincerity...
    I have a response to this that is convincing enough for me.

A 70 year old billioinaire chose to work non-stop and have his family name dragged through the mud for the rest of his life (and his kids' lives) instead of living the good life like he had for the previous several decades of his life. And the people saying he's in it for narcissistic reasons are strictly those who have huge vested interest in his failure.

If anything, I think he has greater sincerity than most politicians.
    I have a response to this that is convincing enough for me.

A 70 year old billioinaire chose to work non-stop and have his family name dragged through the mud for the rest of his life (and his kids' lives) instead of living the good life like he had for the previous several decades of his life. And the people saying he's in it for narcissistic reasons are strictly those who have huge vested interest in his failure.

If anything, I think he has greater sincerity than most politicians.
    Yeah this is solid enough for me to have some hope.

I still think he's fucked though. I don't think these people can be defeated. They are invincible. Trump isn't. He can't win, but he can lose. All he can do is win a few battles on his way to losing the war.
    ongies gonna ong
    I do think that Trump can't change the system. Even if he's great for 8 years, it will revert. Though, I do think that any change will happen from other things, like how the system itself might be changing due to social media.
    ^^Meaning: Trump is more a product of the times than the times being a product of Trump.
    Well, I hope these cunts don't succeed in triggering civil war there. That seems to be where we're heading, from an outside point of view. It's even more divisive now than election, which is astounding. These are dangerous times.
    ongies gonna ong
    Looking forward to Senator Kid Rock soon and President Kanye in 2024.

At least they probably won't be fucking liars. Like how the GOP won every marginal election it did due to promising to repeal Obamacare, and yet when it comes time to do it, half of the leaders in the party state they no longer want to. At least self-made famous people are in it because they want a better world. Career politicians are mostly in it for themselves and they're punching the clock.
    Well, I hope these cunts don't succeed in triggering civil war there. That seems to be where we're heading, from an outside point of view. It's even more divisive now than election, which is astounding. These are dangerous times.
    Hilarious enough, the freedom-loving side has all the guns. The so-called "antifa" fascists already trust the government enough that they gave up their right to protect themselves from tyranny.

Also notice how Trump has surrounded himself with military Generals? I do believe that part of the analysis is that coups are a real threat to Trump, and the best way to keep them from happening is to get the Generals on your side.
    The left has been hijacking the term liberal for a very long time and it has stuck, but today the left is becoming so aggressive that liberals are beginning to wake up.
    The terms left and right date back to the French revolution, when in the senate the liberals sat on the left of the isle and conservatives on the right.
    Our brains have just one scale, and we resize our experiences to fit.

I'm definitely not saying that's impossible, but I vaguely remember you talking about and advocating Occam's razor in the past. To me, an outsider, it looks like a 70 year old millionaire born into money and a number of failed enterprises chose to get a boost to his businesses by coming into the spotlight and getting his brand more recognition. It worked out much better than expected due to the build-up of anger and suffering of the working class, and gave him the opportunity to help himself, his family and friends directly through policy and his platform. And the people saying he's in it for narcissistic reasons are strictly those who apply Occam's razor, not the ones believing in intricate after-the-fact mansplaining and 4D chess moves.

I would like to say that I think it may be best to separate the left and liberals. Leftism doesn't represent liberal values at all. The left has been hijacking the term liberal for a very long time and it has stuck, but today the left is becoming so aggressive that liberals are beginning to wake up. Like liberal Dave Rubin says, defending his liberal values has become a conservative position. Example of the distinction: liberalism says that race doesn't matter. But according to the left, race (and sex, religion, other group identities) are what matter the most. Leftism is totalitarianism and social justice bigotry. Liberalism is not.
    I've been making this point with those who call the left "libtards". While I find that term amusing, I also find it misleading... these people are far from liberal, at least in the classic sense of the word. Liberals are those who believe in free markets, free speech, free press, fair trials, human rights, equality. These morons are the polar fucking opposite of liberal.
    ongies gonna ong
    Also, it's worth noting that while "antifa" is a recent term, anti-fascist is not. I've always had an issue with the concept of "I demand you stop being a fascist", considering it somewhat... fascist. Anti-fascists are and were always authoritarian. But they used to be a bunch of crusties, like the animal rights brigade, a relatively small and unorganised bunch of aggro fuckers who wish to impose their extreme left wing views on others. But something has changed. Now they're wealthy students, and it's actually very hard to figure out what they stand for. I mean it's like they're communist anarchists, however the fuck that works. Their ideology doesn't seem to make any sense. At least with animal rights nutjobs, you know what it is they stand for, they have close to a coherent agenda. These fuckers, they just turn up and kick off with Nazis. If that's all it was, well I'd say fair enough, I mean who wouldn't slap a Nazi given the chance? But this isn't what's going on. It's much more political. It's not about slapping Nazis. It's about making people associate the alt-right with Nazis. Propoganda.

Social justice is another term that has changed in meaning. It used to mean striving for equality, and protecting the vulnerable in society. Equal rights, anti-discrimination. Feminists are social justice warriors. Not the stupid modern age shrieking feminsts, proper feminists who won women the vote. Who isn't in favour of social justice when it's broken down like that? Now social justice seems to mean attacking those who have views that the left deem distasteful. Only, they no longer seek equality, or to protect the vulnerable, they do not seek equal rights, they discriminate based on race. What sort of social justice warriors are these people?

They're abusing the terms anti-fascist, social justice and liberal. They are far from any of these.
    ongies gonna ong
    Opposing fascism, that is, being anti-fascist isn't extremism comparable to fascism. It's being normal, and should be the default stance of normal people.

Another example of 3d chess is the healthcare situation. Trump told us from the beginning that the most likely scenario is that these bills won't pass and that instead we'll have an election with a quickly failing Obamacare on our hands and the Democrats will get blamed while the GOP will be exhausted from failure. So far I've seen none in anti-Trump circles acknowledge this, even though many in pro-Trump circles saw it quickly.
    During the press conference, when they asked him about McCain, Trump quickly retorted "Senator McCain? You mean the one who voted AGAINST Obamacare? The McCain that voted against us getting good healthcare?"

Here is the timestamp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=poFDm0WRqUo

Freudian slip during his 3D chess there for sure

Cogito ergo sum

Hey, I'm in a movie!
    Keep in mind that EVERY part of what people hear about current events is filtered and formed by Democrats. Unless you get news from a handful of unaffiliated organizations, every media personality is a Democrat and the output is pro-Democrat and anti-Trump. Even when it appears unbiased and reasoned, rest assured that you are being told what to believe to be true by Democrats
    *cough Fox News cough*

Take off your tinfoil hat wuf. It seems to me that to you anything that comes through the grapevine that isn't pro Trump has to be democratic in nature. So you run into a corner of the internet that would suck Trump's *allegedly* tiny dick ad nauseam. That is the actual eco chamber bruh. So this constant "Fake News" indoctrination actually worked: anything that isn't pro Trump has to be Democratic in origin, and is ergo Fake News.

In Mass Effect, this would be where Saren actually discovered the effects of Sovereign but still claimed to be in control, which SPOILER ALERT

Spoiler:
    is a whole lot of bullshit. He was as in control as an alcoholic at a Whisky Factory

I do remember how much flack Obama got for Jeremiah Wright. And then, nothing happened about that; that actually was a nothingburger. However, this isn't the same. The actual neo-nazis are pro Trump, want to be catered to by trump, vote for Trump, like Trump, sympathize with Trump AND HIS FUCKING VIEWS. The neo Nazis. The Nazis. Nazis, bruh.

All he has to do is denounce and reject them. Simply tell them to fuck off. And yet for some reason he can't. And that is the point where the news people try to guess as to why. Why the fuck would he not tell the nazis to fuck off? Why can't he condemn them? Why would he specifically cut an anti nazi program?

https://twitter.com/lifeafterhate/status/879837914036932608

http://foreignpolicy.com/2017/06/26/dhs-strips-funding-from-group-that-counters-neo-nazi-violence/

Maybe some of his best friends are black, though.

Sidenote: Polls indicate his popularity is down the tubes. Actual declared wars and banging the war drums raise popularity. Wars simply serve to raise revenues for private contractors providing the weapons and other supplies. And killing innocents in the process of course. These private contracting companies have investors.

Polls have also indicated that Hillary would win by a very minute margin, smaller than the margin of error on the poll. Polls also indicated that B-man would have defecated on Trump had he been the candidate. Thank you, democrats.

Cogito ergo sum

Hey, I'm in a movie!
    All he has to do is denounce and reject them. Simply tell them to fuck off. And yet for some reason he can't. And that is the point where the news people try to guess as to why. Why the fuck would he not tell the nazis to fuck off?
    Because in American, every citizen, regardless of their political views, has the right to free speech and peaceful assembly. Someone actually took the time to list all the rights that people have, and that one is in the first paragraph. These groups gathered to protest the removal of a statue. They are entirely within their rights to do so. The exact same rules apply to the counter-protesters.

Just because one side is comprised of people who espouse vile, revolting, and repulsive viewpoints doesn't mean they are any less entitled to express their views on the presence of public monuments.

With the exception of the vehicular homicide, it would be wrong for the president to dismiss, or condemn, the lawful actions of one side and not the other.

The media puts Trump in a no-win situation. If he says "Nazis fuck off", then there will be folks who say "well, what about the first amendment?". And if Trump says "They have a right to protest", then there will be folks who say "But they hate black people, that must mean that you hate black people Mr. Trump!"

It really is concerning to me how many [liberals, democrats, progressives, sjw's...whatever you want to call them] are actually of the belief that it's ok to deny constitutional rights of free speech to people that you don't like by applying an absurd and transparent double standard. Despite being absurd and transparent, the double standard has been embraced by the mainstream.

-"Hey look there's an angry mob of violent protesters destroying the town of Furgeson, MO"
    -"Yeah, but it's ok cause they're really mad at a white guy"

-"Hey look, there's an angry mob of violent protesters ransacking the campus of UC Berkley"
    -"Yeah, but they're trying to stop a white guy from talking"

-"Hey look, there's a group of protesters speaking out against the removal of a civil war statue"
    -"They're white....they shouldn't be allowed to do that!"
    Alt-left is a thing and the fact you're all talking about what Trump has to say about it only goes to show what an excellent job the mass media are doing manipulating the shit out of the event for political points scoring.

Who gives a fuck what Trump thinks? I don't. Why aren't you people worried about who's stoking these fires?

Tin hat time. Anyone notice his registration plate? GVF 1111. Weird enough, I mean 0.1% chance of randing quads on your reg. It's not personalised, this car with this reg has a former owner.

His Mother's reg? GVF 1122. They interviewed her, like half an hour after the incident, and made sure to get the registration plate in.

Oh, on Soros' fucking birthday.

Sorry, carry on being herded.

Lol... the chance that you'd get 1111 is the same that you'd get 8502, the first 1 is not drawn from a limited pool of ones that the subsequent ones also need to be drawn from.

As for the closeness in plates-- I've registered multiple vehicles at the same time, I get sequential plates, because those plates are in a stack in sequential order. Either one of them filed for both of them through the mail (if their state allows it) and the separate documents being mailed at the same time came close enough together to get close plates, or they went together to the DMV, filled out their paper work, waited in line for an agent, one goes to agent A who has stack 1100-1120 and the other goes to agent B who was given stack 1121-whatever.

Oh, and you should know, my friend got "[redacted] 666" recently. Obviously he's a lizard person being signaled by the New World Order to commence with his deep neural programming, right? Should I use a wooden stake, or a silver bullet?
    I agree that the claims of him using 3d chess (meme version: 12d intergalactic underwater chess) are quite overrating of what is actually going on. However, I estimate some of it is probably 3d chess. The type of example is that it appears to be about as confirmed as can be without actually being confirmed that the Trump administration is planting a significant amount of fake news. The purpose has been to give the media a rabbit to chase, barium meals to find leakers, and to keep the press busy while Trump does actual policy stuff the Democrats don't like.

The part about using/creating news headlines to push through legislation isn't a particularly new or clever thing. Governments all over use it all the time.

The bit about healthcare is better but at the same time you're putting quite a positive framing on it, you could make out that all these things are weak leadership, not being able to get the backing of his own party, lack of parliamentary understanding (american equivalent), not having a strong standing on actual policy, etc.

I mostly agree with this. I'm just using terminology that is used which people understand even though I think it's wrong (/it is wrong).
    During the press conference, when they asked him about McCain, Trump quickly retorted "Senator McCain? You mean the one who voted AGAINST Obamacare? The McCain that voted against us getting good healthcare?"
    The plan has included Trump saying it's good healthcare at every step of the way and that it should pass pass pass. This is what gives him the utmost credibility once the GOP fails utterly at passing it. Eventually, we're not there yet, but eventually, repeal will be passable because the Dems will be suffering greatly and getting voted out and the GOP will be weak and exhausted. Trump has been positioning himself to make a passable bill possible.
    The bit about healthcare is better but at the same time you're putting quite a positive framing on it, you could make out that all these things are weak leadership, not being able to get the backing of his own party, lack of parliamentary understanding (american equivalent), not having a strong standing on actual policy, etc.
    It certainly looks like that normally. I've been saying it's different from the beginning because I watched what Trump was saying at the beginning. Trump has been subtle enough about what he said that it's not evidence of anything, since the confirmation bias of the viewer is more than enough to counter. But believe me, there is big reason behind why even before the first Ryancare thing got going, many of us in the Trumpian circles thought no bill would pass for quite a while.

On a side note, a huge problem we have is people are mostly made up of those who think Trump is a buffoon and those who think Trump is a genius. To the former, everything he does looks buffoonery, to the latter everything looks genius. The truth is something much more regular. My bias tends slightly on the genius side, but I know it so I try to bring it back when I can. An example is that I initially thought that Trump didn't want healthcare to pass until late, but then I was corrected by somebody who understands Trump's writings well. He is putting himself in a win-win situation. If it passes soon via a functional GOP, he wins; if it doesn't pass until the whole thing collapses next year and legislators are scrambling to make a deal, he wins. From what he has said in public statements, it has been my estimation from the beginning that the latter is what he thinks will happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by CoccoBill View Post
    The terms left and right date back to the French revolution, when in the senate the liberals sat on the left of the isle and conservatives on the right.
    Yeah but the French, yo.

French intellectualism being such a disaster, this is a case in point to me. Many of their liberals are in-name-only. Their political-intellectual movements adore them some violent totalitarianism. Maybe it's because all the Huguenots left.
    Last edited by wufwugy; 08-17-2017 at 12:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by CoccoBill View Post
    I'm definitely not saying that's impossible, but I vaguely remember you talking about and advocating Occam's razor in the past. To me, an outsider, it looks like a 70 year old millionaire born into money and a number of failed enterprises chose to get a boost to his businesses by coming into the spotlight and getting his brand more recognition. It worked out much better than expected due to the build-up of anger and suffering of the working class, and gave him the opportunity to help himself, his family and friends directly through policy and his platform. And the people saying he's in it for narcissistic reasons are strictly those who apply Occam's razor, not the ones believing in intricate after-the-fact mansplaining and 4D chess moves.
    Do you think this has boosted his private career? I think it has harmed it irreparably.
    *cough Fox News cough*

Take off your tinfoil hat wuf. It seems to me that to you anything that comes through the grapevine that isn't pro Trump has to be democratic in nature. So you run into a corner of the internet that would suck Trump's *allegedly* tiny dick ad nauseam. That is the actual eco chamber bruh. So this constant "Fake News" indoctrination actually worked: anything that isn't pro Trump has to be Democratic in origin, and is ergo Fake News.

In Mass Effect, this would be where Saren actually discovered the effects of Sovereign but still claimed to be in control, which SPOILER ALERT

Spoiler:
    is a whole lot of bullshit. He was as in control as an alcoholic at a Whisky Factory

I do remember how much flack Obama got for Jeremiah Wright. And then, nothing happened about that; that actually was a nothingburger. However, this isn't the same. The actual neo-nazis are pro Trump, want to be catered to by trump, vote for Trump, like Trump, sympathize with Trump AND HIS FUCKING VIEWS. The neo Nazis. The Nazis. Nazis, bruh.

All he has to do is denounce and reject them. Simply tell them to fuck off. And yet for some reason he can't. And that is the point where the news people try to guess as to why. Why the fuck would he not tell the nazis to fuck off? Why can't he condemn them? Why would he specifically cut an anti nazi program?

https://twitter.com/lifeafterhate/status/879837914036932608

http://foreignpolicy.com/2017/06/26/dhs-strips-funding-from-group-that-counters-neo-nazi-violence/

Maybe some of his best friends are black, though.

Sidenote: Polls indicate his popularity is down the tubes. Actual declared wars and banging the war drums raise popularity. Wars simply serve to raise revenues for private contractors providing the weapons and other supplies. And killing innocents in the process of course. These private contracting companies have investors.

Polls have also indicated that Hillary would win by a very minute margin, smaller than the margin of error on the poll. Polls also indicated that B-man would have defecated on Trump had he been the candidate. Thank you, democrats.
    I want you to know that I don't want to argue. I would like to clarify two things:

(1) I don't think that the mainstream media is all Democrats when they are not pro-Trump, but because of how many of them are literally Democrats, how many are married to literal Democrats, how intense their scrutiny of non-Democrat politicians is, how weak their scrutiny of Democrat politicians is, and how their narratives are pretty much always in line with the Democrat narrative.

(2) I kicked the polls asses once before here. I'm not worried about the current fake polls just like the old fake polls.
    Do you think this has boosted his private career? I think it has harmed it irreparably.
    I think he's made millions just from the use of his hotels and resorts for government affairs. We obviously don't know what, if any, deals for personal gains he's made with businesses or nations. But, his proposed tax cuts will benefit himself quite a bit, his hotel ventures abroad are rumored to be getting favored treatment by the foreign officials due to him sitting in the oval office, Ivanka's brand has been getting a huge boost in sales and been granted trademarks in China, to scratch the surface. I would argue he's probably doing better business-wise and financially than ever.

You make it sound like his hotels and properties would remain idle and empty if he wasn't using them for govt business. Those resorts made millions before he was president too you know!

The innuendo that he would only become president so that he could pass favorable tax policy to benefit himself is just infuriatingly dumb. First of all, he doesn't NEED the money that badly. He can afford to pay higher taxes and still have more money than he'll ever spend. Secondly, think about what his time is worth. Think about how much money he can make by investing an hour of his time into business deals. Then consider how much time he spent, without compensating revenue, campaigning for President. Add on to that all the time he spends actually being president and it's likely that he's losing double, or even triple-digit millions of dollars a year in opportunity cost. Do you think he hates taxes THAT much??

I would argue he's probably doing better business-wise and financially than ever.
    Completely impossible
    Regarding the fake polls that show Trump in not good land, other than them being garbage via methodological analysis, take into account these facts:

(1) Fundraising for D's has been much lower relative to R's for the losing presidential election party than is typical.
    (2) R's have gained very substantial net registrations over D's in every battleground state, excluding Colorado.
    (3) Special elections with polls that showed D's winning in a landslide, that favored D's structurally due to place in election cycle, and that D's poured gargantuan amounts of capital into -- still resulted in D's losing.

Fake polls will be fake polls. Real facts are telling us the people are liking Trump more and more relative to Democrats.

Apparently the Democrats' strategy of "Russia Russia Russia" worked so well that they're doubling down on "Nazi Nazi Nazi". It's really bad for the nation that Democrats loathe Trump so much that they can't hold him accountable for real things because they're too focused on fake things.
    It's really bad for the nation that Democrats loathe Trump so much that they can't hold him accountable for real things because they're too focused on fake things.
    Why are they doing this? Who knows? I think it's because it would spell the end of the leftist ideology. They have to talk nonsense because when they talk real sense it's revealed that what they believe is nonsense.
    (1) Fundraising for D's has been much lower relative to R's for the losing presidential election party than is typical.
    (2) R's have gained very substantial net registrations over D's in every battleground state, excluding Colorado.
    These could turn on a dime too. It would take an economic catastrophe or emerging from the D's a new superstar. Part of why support is moving towards Trump is because the D's don't have a front figure for its supporters to rally around.
    Quote Originally Posted by boost
    Lol... the chance that you'd get 1111 is the same that you'd get 8502, the first 1 is not drawn from a limited pool of ones that the subsequent ones also need to be drawn from.
    Of course. However, 8502 isn't "quads". I specifically said the chances of randing quads is 0.1%. Noone gives a fuck if the reg is 8502. You do know what quads are, right?

Oh, and you should know, my friend got "[redacted] 666" recently. Obviously he's a lizard person being signaled by the New World Order to commence with his deep neural programming, right? Should I use a wooden stake, or a silver bullet?
    Right, so I say they're doing weird shit with numbers because 11 and 22 keep happening, and you say lizards. That reflects badly on you, not me. It demonstrates an unwillingness to discuss this subject seriously.

I've been banging on about this shit since 9/11. Not once have I said I think the elite are lizards. All I'm saying is that the people who might be called the "deep state" seem to love their numerology, and get a kick out of hiding in plain sight.

At what point does it strike you as odd? How many times in a row have you gotta get dealt AA before you think the dealer likes you?
    ongies gonna ong
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaStand View Post
    You make it sound like his hotels and properties would remain idle and empty if he wasn't using them for govt business. Those resorts made millions before he was president too you know!

The innuendo that he would only become president so that he could pass favorable tax policy to benefit himself is just infuriatingly dumb. First of all, he doesn't NEED the money that badly. He can afford to pay higher taxes and still have more money than he'll ever spend. Secondly, think about what his time is worth. Think about how much money he can make by investing an hour of his time into business deals. Then consider how much time he spent, without compensating revenue, campaigning for President. Add on to that all the time he spends actually being president and it's likely that he's losing double, or even triple-digit millions of dollars a year in opportunity cost. Do you think he hates taxes THAT much??

Completely impossible
    Like you alluded to, Trump would most likely get much more reward per dollar/hour spent by lobbying than by running and governing himself. Given how many people hate him*, Trump becoming a politician could be a net loss for him on this stuff.

*Remember how McCain voted no as a big fat fuck you to Trump (probs because he said he wasn't a war hero).

I estimate that a Rubio presidency would have gotten tax reform through by now. He and the GOP would have totally abandoned healthcare reform in part as a deal to make a deal with the Democrats on tax reform. If Trump wanted lower taxes, probs best to just stay out of politics and lobby. I keep recalling leftist media people telling me that lobbyists are getting some crazy thousands to one on their dollar, so the non-cognitive-dissonance analysis of this situation would be if they said that Trump probably isn't attempting to benefit his own tax position.
    I think the elite are lizards.
    Paging CNN
    Who the fuck pages anyone in 2017?
    ongies gonna ong
    Regarding the fake polls
    Hold the indoctrination for a second.

Assume the polls are polls. No need to keep calling fake for no reason; they do poll people, after all.

Cogito ergo sum

Hey, I'm in a movie!
    Regarding the fake polls that show Trump in not good land, other than them being garbage via methodological analysis, take into account these facts:

(3) Special elections with polls that showed D's winning in a landslide, that favored D's structurally due to place in election cycle, and that D's poured gargantuan amounts of capital into -- still resulted in D's losing.

Fake polls will be fake polls. Real facts are telling us the people are liking Trump more and more relative to Democrats.

Apparently the Democrats' strategy of "Russia Russia Russia" worked so well that they're doubling down on "Nazi Nazi Nazi". It's really bad for the nation that Democrats loathe Trump so much that they can't hold him accountable for real things because they're too focused on fake things.
    The D's are throwing the game at every facet by NOT listening to their constituents. They are literally throwing the game, black sox style. You keep talking about Democrats as if they are strong, good, whatever, that is a truly shitty party that helped getting a bonafide 3d-chess playing ignoramus elected.

The D's threw the game. They are positioning themselves to throw it again in 2018, 2020 etc. Special election losses? No need to look further than Ossoff's polls, and campaign ads to know that these assholes are completely out of touch and simply hellbent on losing. It's laughable that you look at them as enemies, when they are literally the best thing that could have happened to Trump by a long shot.

TL;DR: Fuck the dems.

*edit: , and
    Last edited by Jack Sawyer; 08-17-2017 at 03:50 PM.

Cogito ergo sum

Hey, I'm in a movie!
    Why are they doing this? Who knows? I think it's because it would spell the end of the leftist ideology. They have to talk nonsense because when they talk real sense it's revealed that what they believe is nonsense.
    And there we have the problem. It's not leftist ideology, not by a long shot. The democratic party should have been left-wing by definition, but here is the kicker:

In the USA, the D party is center-right. The R party is right to far-right. There is no left anymore over there.

The Russia coverage drives ratings. You would not believe that by looking at Maddow's average like bar on youtube, but whatever. That's all there is to it. Ratings.

There are the business ties to Russia though, but that came to light later.

Cogito ergo sum

Hey, I'm in a movie!
    Hold the indoctrination for a second.

Assume the polls are polls. No need to keep calling fake for no reason; they do poll people, after all.
    The data is real, the news is not real. The transition from real data to not real news happens in the translation process, where most pollsters (not all, some are good) use methodology that tends towards a favorable result instead of reflecting reality. Here's an example:

Most of the polls for 2016 used Obama turnout numbers with blacks. Everybody knew that was not going to happen. The pollsters and aggregators who were using that methodology previous said that would not happen. But they still published news based on it. The answer for why they did that is unknown. Some think it's because favorable poll results help sway elections; some think it's because they were caught up in a hallucination and acted incompetently because of it.
    The D's are throwing the game at every facet by NOT listening to their constituents. They are literally throwing the game, black sox style. You keep talking about Democrats as if they are strong, good, whatever, that is a truly shitty party that helped getting a bonafide 3d-chess playing ignoramus elected.

The D's threw the game. They are positioning themselves to throw it again in 2018, 2020 etc. Special election losses? No need to look further than Ossoff's polls, and campaign ads to know that these assholes are completely out of touch and simply hellbent on losing. It's laughable that you look at them as enemies, when they are literally the best thing that could have happened to Trump by a long shot.

TL;DR: Fuck the dems.
    I totally agree with you. I think Comrade Sanders would probably have won 2016. I think the Democrats are shooting themselves in the foot at every turn and are making life easier for Trump and conservatives.

Trump didn't win via beating Obama's numbers. He won because the Democrats cheated to put in Crooked, and then turnout fell off a cliff.

The Democrats hold on the media is strong, but that is changing due to social media. Granted, we are still seeing the Democrat-friendly hold on social media maintain. Lots of targeting of non-Democrats on Twitter and Facebook and others by the admins.
    I'm not getting where this "Bernie would have won" stuff is coming from.

Sure, I believe he would have generated higher turnout numbers than Hillary. However, getting bigger vote totals in NY and LA wouldn't have helped him win anymore than Hillary's vote totals helped her win. Electorally, I see the map filling in pretty much the same way as it did. Like Hillary, Bernie was weak on middle-class message

I'm not sure there are alot of people out there who's preference for president was Bernie > Trump > Hillary

Maybe Monica Lewinsky...but that's probably it.
    Last edited by BananaStand; 08-17-2017 at 04:16 PM.
    And there we have the problem. It's not leftist ideology, not by a long shot. The democratic party should have been left-wing by definition, but here is the kicker:In the USA, the D party is center-right. The R party is right to far-right. There is no left anymore over there.
    Obama furthered leftism to a degree not seen since FDR. Clinton was a continuation of Obama leftism and Sanders' public statements revealed even greater leftism.

Both parties are leaving the center. Believe me, each side thinks they are the centrist-ish side and the other is the far extreme. I saw it on the left when I was a lefty and I see it now on the right as a righty. What is happening is that the Democrats are leaving its rightist stuff and Republicans are leaving its leftist stuff. For the Republicans, this can be viewed as the conservative movement beginning with Goldwater, being actualized with Reagan, and coming back (but with great trepidation from *true* conservatives) with Trump. Trump is a slightly centrist push relative to what the conservative movement wants.

On the Democrats side, there isn't a movement so much as there is a return to form. The stray from form came in the 80s and 90s when they moved somewhat center. This is when they responded to the problems of legislating morality by the Religious Right and became popularly socially liberal. But now they are swifty returning to social puritanism and returning to the old Democrats ways: identity matters most and government is best used to solve for inequality of outcome. They are the party of slavery, of Jim Crow, of the urban plantation, of Stalin apologetics. The current return to form is a stronger adaptation of Marxism from class warfare to identity warfare than used in the past.

The Russia coverage drives ratings. You would not believe that by looking at Maddow's average like bar on youtube, but whatever. That's all there is to it. Ratings.
    Yep. They’re getting more views from those who fear Trump.
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaStand View Post
    I'm not getting where this "Bernie would have won" stuff is coming from.

Sure, I believe he would have generated higher turnout numbers than Hillary. However, getting bigger vote totals in NY and LA wouldn't have helped him win anymore than Hillary's vote totals helped her win. Electorally, I see the map filling in pretty much the same way as it did. Like Hillary, Bernie was weak on middle-class message

I'm not sure there are alot of people out there who's preference for president was Bernie > Trump > Hillary

Maybe Monica Lewinsky...but that's probably it.
    There were quite a few Sanders supporters who voted Trump. Trump's unique appeal to the Midwest was stuff that Sanders mostly also had. Hillary had none of it. The big mistake Hillary made was ignoring the Midwest and labor. Labor really likes Sanders (because labor is really good at getting the government to benefit them at the expense of everybody else).
    California, New York, and battlegrounds Virginia and Colorado are Hillary territory but not quite Sanders territory. This is because those places are big time open borders types excluding Virginia (which is big time establishment type). Sanders is Trump-like on immigration. Most media elites are not aware of this, but those who actually care about those issues are.
    You guys think I wear a tin foil hat?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cernovich
    The far left is in an unholy alliance with radical Islamic terror. Most Muslims and liberals good people, the alt-left is evil.
    Next fucking level.
    ongies gonna ong

Next fucking level.
    He's right, though. It's not even conspiracy theory. He's stating a fact. Now, if he were to get into why he thinks the alliance formed, then he'd be getting into conspiracy theory.

So, you read Cernovich?
    I follow him on Twitter.

He's stating a fact.
    Is he? I mean I'm not buying anything that involves Iran and Venezuela. Their alliance may be formed on a common enemy, but Chavez wasn't what we're now calling "alt-left", he was hardcore socialism. And Iran isn't Islamic terrorism. Saudi Fucking Arabia are.
    ongies gonna ong
    The left runs apologetics for Islamic terrorism constantly.
    I follow Cernovich too but I haven't spent much time reading his tweets lately. I was a big fan a few months ago, but he lost me when he began his own bout of fake news that began with his "inside information" that the military was asking Trump for some huge thousands quantity of soldiers (I forget the exact #) to invade Syria. Cernovich then went on a campaign against it and when it didn't happen, he claimed he got the President and his administration to not invade Syria.

Here's what actually happened: Cernovich's source was fed a barium meal. The claim in the leak was never real and Cernovich showed dumbness in thinking such a ridiculous # was real and also that Trump had eyes set on war. The MOAB musta rattled Cernovich's brain a wee bit.

Regardless, Cernovich has shown the ability to learn from his mistakes, unlike most others in media. Eventually he may return to my rotation, but he isn't in it now. His book Gorilla Mindset is great.
    The left runs apologetics for Islamic terrorism constantly.
    Well yeah.

I mean the left, not the hard left, the normal person left, their "apologetic" tone is because they fear discrimination against peaceful Muslims, they fear greater race problems. It's coming from the right place, it's hardly an alliance.

The media are mostly left wing, but they'll say it's Islamic terrorism. The BBC are quoting the Spanish leader as calling the Barcelona attackers "jihadists". That's hardly apologetic.

Allaince for me is acting together, sharing information, mutual planning etc. I'm not saying it's not what's happening, not by any stretch, just querying your assertion that it's fact.

This modern day hard left, I think to be honest it's 90% moron students who think they're on the right side of history, and 10% mercenaries.
    ongies gonna ong

Next fucking level.
    There is no alt-left. It's a condescending term used by establishment democrats to smear bernie people. It's right up there with bernie bros (alleging sexism). Joy-Ann Reid is the person you have to thank for this

I repeat: there is no such thing as alt-left. There is no lefty Pepe, or a left kekistan, or any other such parallel but left nonsense. It is now simply used as a pejorative term

I know you guys hate snopes, but here

http://www.snopes.com/2017/08/17/is-...-a-real-thing/

https://www.wired.com/story/what-is-alt-left/

Jesus H Christ, all it takes is for Trump to say something and people run with it. By now you all must know that he spouts serious amounts of horse shit. Mostly shit he saw on Fox

This is unbelievable

Cogito ergo sum

Hey, I'm in a movie!
    Regardless, Cernovich has shown the ability to learn from his mistakes, unlike most others in media. Eventually he may return to my rotation, but he isn't in it now. His book Gorilla Mindset is great.
    I don't really have an opinion on the guy yet, he's only recently been added. He definitely has some interesting opinions though.
    ongies gonna ong
    There is no alt-left.
    Sure there is. Alt-right is a recent term, alt-left is coming into use now and will have a clearer definition in due course.

At the moment, it means extreme left, like the commies we see kicking off with Nazis.
    ongies gonna ong
    There is no alt-left. It's a condescending term used by establishment democrats to smear bernie people. It's right up there with bernie bros (alleging sexism). Joy-Ann Reid is the person you have to thank for this

I repeat: there is no such thing as alt-left. There is no lefty Pepe, or a left kekistan, or any other such parallel but left nonsense. It is now simply used as a pejorative term

I know you guys hate snopes, but here

http://www.snopes.com/2017/08/17/is-...-a-real-thing/

https://www.wired.com/story/what-is-alt-left/

Jesus H Christ, all it takes is for Trump to say something and people run with it. By now you all must know that he spouts serious amounts of horse shit. Mostly shit he saw on Fox

This is unbelievable
    I agree with you. I'll add that I think this is Trump attempting to brand. "Alt-left" might actually become a thing now. It won't be much different than "alt-right" too. Do you know what the alt-right was back when the left decided to label what they didn't understand? It was nothing but a tiny handful of people who believe in white culture enough that they vocalized it. The vast majority of Trump supporters didn't even know what it was. The only legitimacy "alt-right" ever got was from the fabulous whore Milo Yiannapolous once saying he was alt-right. Outside of that, Trump supporters being thought of as alt-right was a creation of the leftist media.

What goes around comes around. Though, I totally agree that the leftist violence and bigotry is not alt.
    I do like how the term "alt-left" is annoying the shit out of the left.
    ongies gonna ong
    I don't really have an opinion on the guy yet, he's only recently been added. He definitely has some interesting opinions though.
    I definitely recommend him to provide perspective at least. He was one of the very few people who had his finger on the pulse of reality during the election cycle.
    Remarkable how it is democrats that invented the term. Speaks volumes about democrats not actually being left.

That whole party is just a farce

edit: yup, I'm not talking out of my ass here

https://shadowproof.com/2017/08/16/b...ides-alt-left/

Cogito ergo sum

Hey, I'm in a movie!
    It's a brilliant trap. The left spent countless hours demonizing the "alt-right" and now the chickens have come home to roost when they have to deal with the same being applied to them. I wonder if this rebranding will be as successful as Trump's total rebranding domination of Fake News. The media-Democrats just can't win.
    fabulous whore
    This description is enough, there is no need to name him.
    ongies gonna ong