Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Community

Dark Tower Movie - actors revealed

Default Dark Tower Movie - actors revealed

So Idris Elba will be playing Roland Deschain. Not sure how I feel about that. I mean the guys a great actor, but I wanted someone who looked like the image I had in my mind, and Idris ain't it.

When I saw that he and Matthew McConaughey were going to be in the movie I initially assumed that McConaughey would be Roland, which I was quite happy with, but it turns out he will be plying the man in black.
    I'm the king of bongo, baby I'm the king of bongo bong.
    I would have quite liked Josh Brolin to play him.
    Yeah but he's black and goddamn it we need more black people getting nominated for Oscars.
    Yeah, this would 100% be DJ Qualls' gig if it wasn't for affirmative action. Wake up sheeple!
    Last edited by oskar; 03-03-2016 at 05:17 PM.
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
    My first thought was hmmmm, does his acting match Roland's persona? After some thought I think this casting could work really well. Idris has a brooding, calm, and collected acting style which could be perfect. We'll have to see.
    LOL OPERATIONS
    I wanted Idris to be the next bond so I'm guessing that won't happen now? Oh well
    LOL OPERATIONS
    To me, the scary part is the choice of director. Not much on his credentials to take on such a massive project. Granted the first installment is very contained and straight forward. The sequels are where directing will get interesting.
    LOL OPERATIONS
    Well it seems he isn't starting with the first book, I think the first movie will be the drawing of the three. I can see why, what with the mixing of our current world and the... whatever its called world. It should be an interesting enough concept to grab the attention of non-book readers as well as those who have read the series. I know nothing about the director at all.
    Haven't read it and know nothing about it except lots of fans are anti-fans due to how supposedly awful the ending is. Is there word that they're gonna fix the ending?
    I was ok with the ending. It fitted in with the world that was created. I can understand people feel it lacks closure maybe, but I thought it ws sufficient, if perhaps not 100% satisfying.
    Put my thoughts on ending in spoiler tags.

Spoiler:
    Ending was fine but slightly rushed imo. The buildup with the spider/prince kid guy wasn't as long as I would have liked.

I thought it hit a huge lull in the middle. That one part, half of one of the book's, with Roland's childhood and meeting his childhood love was the most boring read I've had in a long time.

I can't wait to see some of the director's vision on Blaine the Pain, the ZZ top anthem with the dilapidated city prior to the train, Cuthbert, the Kansas scenes, the bear guardian, etc, etc. So much cool stuff now that I think about it.

LOL OPERATIONS