Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Community

fantasy football in the Republican debate

Default fantasy football in the Republican debate

I liked the fact that Christie said we should leave people alone with fantasy football.

We should also leave people alone with online poker!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...he-transcript/ has the dfs transcript:
    QUINTANILLA: Governor Bush, daily fantasy sports has become a phenomenon in this country, will award billions of dollars in prize money this year. But to play you have to assess your odds, put money at risk, wait for an outcome that's out of your control. Isn't that the definition of gambling, and should the Federal Government treat it as such?

BUSH: Well, first of all, I'm 7 and 0 in my fantasy league.

QUINTANILLA: I had a feeling you were going to brag about that.

BUSH: Gronkowski is still going strong. I have Ryan Tannehill, Marco, as my quarterback, he was 18 for 19 last week. So I'm doing great. But we're not gambling.

And I think this has become something that needs to be looked at in terms of regulation. Effectively it is day trading without any regulation at all. And when you have insider information, which apparently has been the case, where people use that information and use big data to try to take advantage of it, there has to be some regulation.

If they can't regulate themselves, then the NFL needs to look at just, you know, moving away from them a little bit. And there should be some regulation. I have no clue whether the federal government is the proper place, my instinct is to say, hell no, just about everything about the federal government.

(CROSSTALK)

CHRISTIE: Carl, are we really talking about getting government involved in fantasy football?

(LAUGHTER)

We have -- wait a second, we have $19 trillion in debt. We have people out of work. We have ISIS and al Qaeda attacking us. And we're talking about fantasy football? Can we stop?

(APPLAUSE)

CHRISTIE: How about this? How about we get the government to do what they're supposed to be doing, secure our borders, protect our people, and support American values and American families. Enough on fantasy football. Let people play, who cares?
    Last edited by Eric; 10-29-2015 at 12:26 AM.
    Pretty much.

Christie's also probably still pissed about not getting sports betting in NJ.
    Yeah, it's too bad NJ doesn't have sports betting. Seems unfair that the UK has it everywhere and we can't even have it in NJ.
    People be saying that his fantasy football quote was the highlight of his camera time, and people are also saying that this means bush is done
    this was the most negative of all substantive positions bush has held since the campaign began. it's reasoning from electoral politics instead of from principle.