Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumWerewolf Village

Congratz to the village of Vikings, Gods and Giants

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Wufs the best person on site at clearing himself as a villager, and no one is even 25% accurate with their reads at any stage of the game. The fact of the matter is that, even when wrong, conviction reveals information to the village.

@Ong: Lets be real, the shot was bad. The best case scenario is you live and get looked up at night (or viged, or forever being lynchbait) , and the worst case scenario is your entire team being found out (Hoopy and Gabe defending you woulda been a death knell for them, yet hoopy's post in support was still wolfy. Things coulda turned out terrible for them). The reward for such an action is just killing keith too, who you knew wasnt a seer/vig/etc.
    Last edited by JKDS; 01-26-2015 at 12:11 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMojoMonkey View Post

I'm just preemptively shaking my head on what you do for your counter-spew to pre-preempt your next massive wolf gambit.
    I cant stand that people do this. You're supposed to play towards your win condition, not intentionally be wolfy as a villager.
    MMM just think of me as Dark Helmet playing with his dolls

Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    I really did try to put strong logic to my votes.
    MMM just think of me as Dark Helmet playing with his dolls
    :/
    Ass.
    Too much drama rama in WW these days.

Carry on.

If it helps to deflect the direction of the drama rama, you can discuss how stupid I am.

I'm impenetrable.

UC wut I did ther?

UC wut I did ther?
    I think life is absurd. Too much seriousness and you become a joke. Too much levity and you lack gravitas. You're stuck in a middle spot where you're both the bees knees and a caricature playing with his dolls

UC wut I did ther?
    Something to do with feet?
    I'm unsure what's going on and why there's drama or something? I didn't see what MMM posted in the dead thread as I was getting drunk and watching the foosball.

That said, a major reason I came back to play WW was to play with Wuf, JKDS and Ong. JKDS was one of the orignals I played with and helped me understand how to lawyer shit up. Adding Wuf added a whole new element to the game (long-winded, spirited bouts). Also, he was a pioneer in ending day-one newb lynches (though I'd still like to see them be brought back). Adding Ong gave me someone to compete against. Anyway, the point is, this is a game. People are supposed to be bad at this game. People are supposed to be good at this game. The point is to have fun...and make fun of Wuf.
    That's how winners play; we convince the other guy he's making all the right moves.
    I love seeing flashes of the old hulkamania style wuf come through. My hungover ass was laughing when I read 'Luco you fartknocker wake up and lynch rascal'

dat old guns pumpin straight shootin trash talkin wife beatin all american hero style was amazing, but I know it also drew a lot of heat for ya wuf. You may or may not have noticed but there have been games where I've tried to emulate it, including the famous thought train 180s

A mere shadow of you though...
    Congratulations, you've won your dick's weight in sweets! Decode the message in the above post to find out how to claim your tic-tac
    Keith, mojo, baudib, wuf

This is, in fact, just a game. It's a game we all love, which makes it easy to get emotionally invested (btw sorry jkds for telling you to GFY). But it's all the different flavours that people bring that make it so awesome, even if you feel their actions are sometimes to the detriment of your side. We all still love bigred right?

Congratulations, you've won your dick's weight in sweets! Decode the message in the above post to find out how to claim your tic-tac
    Well done villagers, and well done JKDS you sneaky son of a god!
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    My keith shot was outstanding. I nearly got away with it. I'd done a good job convincing people it was stupider as a wolf than it was as villager. And when it backfired, we binked the seer and vig. I'm quite happy with my spew, tyvm! The only thing I'm annoyed about is losing, which is obviously hoopy's fault.
    Your shot would have been good if you'd just told baudib via the wolf thread to shoot keith.
    I'm still quite certain Ong is a villager.
    That's how winners play; we convince the other guy he's making all the right moves.
    Wtf happened in here?
    I'm the king of bongo, baby I'm the king of bongo bong.
    @Ong: Lets be real, the shot was bad. The best case scenario is you live and get looked up at night (or viged, or forever being lynchbait)
    The idea was that the seer and vig wouldn't waste their time with me because I'm either a lock villager, or lynchbait. monstr was thor... I wasn't getting shot by him... and drew was the seer, who was already on my case. As for being lynchbait... good, it gives me something to talk about.

I'm just on another level. I'm just unlucky that this village is too stupid to realise I only ever do that as a villager.
    ongies gonna ong
    I'm a bit late to the party, but mmm, wtf are you doing? Or was that post a joke?
    I'm not even reading anyone else's posts unless it's super short, or I can see "ong" somewhere. idk what's going on in this thread, all I know is it's dan's fault.
    ongies gonna ong
    The idea was that the seer and vig wouldn't waste their time with me because I'm either a lock villager, or lynchbait. monstr was thor... I wasn't getting shot by him... and drew was the seer, who was already on my case. As for being lynchbait... good, it gives me something to talk about.

I'm just on another level. I'm just unlucky that this village is too stupid to realise I only ever do that as a villager.
    Two levels ahead. That's where I live.
    Who's that not-very-pretty dyke poker player? I remember her throwing a tantrum at the table, saying something like "How can you call, I only ever have AQ there" as she mucks her air.

That's me. Except I'm not as ugly.
    ongies gonna ong
    Who's that not-very-pretty dyke poker player? I remember her throwing a tantrum at the table, saying something like "How can you call, I only ever have AQ there" as she mucks her air.

Can people call me ronk from now on, I quite like it.
    What was the point was switching to must lynch at the end?

Very good game baudib. Loved the story.
    GG, baud.

Hoopy was invisible to me. Except for that one brown-nosing post of his, I was not suspicious.

wuf for wolf MVP?
    That was my plan. Slipped along in the background while trying to screw the village anyway possible. Like not pointing out that BooG was just as cleared as Luco for lynching ong.
    lol Hoopy in the den #151:

Sad, but fair commentary on FTR's view of an obvious tryhard.
    We definitely need more players like rascal and monstr. The village lynching rascal on day 4 is frankly incredible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy View Post
    We definitely need more players like rascal and monstr. The village lynching rascal on day 4 is frankly incredible.
    We only had 4 villagers at that point though, and one of them was in absentia. Daven being unable to refute the idea he was the angel was a huge factor, and his slip of the word heavenly instead of heavily was really bad timing
    Last edited by Luco; 01-26-2015 at 08:08 AM.

Wp sir

excellent analogy
    I have slept on it.

I want to be an adult who handles his emotions with dignity and offers dignity to others in all cases.
    I want FTR to be full of fun, friendly people (whom may not always agree, but) whom always feel welcome and included.

I think (hope) I have not betrayed either of those principles in this thread.

@wuf: If you would just stop trying to suck your own cock, you might get offered BJ's.
    I may steal that last line for personal use.
    @wuf: If you would just stop trying to suck ronk's cock, he might offer you BJ's.
    I have a new sig coming soon.
    @wuf: If you would just stop trying to suck your own cock, you might get offered BJ's.
    You should see the shows he (?used to?) put(s) on in the commune.
    I am surprised the village ended up winning this. Night 1 was a total disaster for the village. I think Ong's move was ballsy but unnecessary; he could have kept quiet about it and been fine. He might get lynched anyway as Monstr probably still claims.

Wagoning Monstr was objectively bad IMO; he was quite villagery and very different from his wolf game. I can sorta get why Rascal got heat but lynching the un'cc'd angel who just saved Daven was terrible.

Kind of a classic Wuf game where he plays bad and gets there. Nah, he usually plays much better than this but his night actions were huge. If he doesn't target Hoopy, Loki's shot on him misses. And he tracked Hoopy that night and Gabe the next night, essentially breaking the game wide open.

JKDS played the best, I think. I intended for Loki to have some powers just to troll the village but he used it well. Gabe was probably as convincing a wolf as I've seen around here. His only real mistake was forgetting about his role block.

I would actually like to see this game run again (with a few small tweaks) because I think there are infinite variations on how this role set can play out.

The bonus powers did very little and I was disappointed that neither triple voter made an impact.
    Playing big pots at small stakes.
    If Ong keeps quiet about the shot, there's a good chance he isn't even a front-runner at EOD.

I keep forgetting that he didn't have to bold in game.

@ wuf: I should def. apologize for the "detestable specimen of humanity" comment.
    I'm sorry for that.
    I can find many examples that actually fit that bill in 2 seconds on a YouTube comment board.
    Whatever I can say about you, wuf, I don't think you're a maliciously minded person.
    as such... well... I was the detestable one for a while there.

You've got a good heart, wuf, and I'll try to focus on that when your actions make me want to throttle you.
    What more can a potential bro offer?
    Yeah but quietly killing keith doesn't get me any village cred, does it?

You guys just aren't on my level. This is just like getting crushed at 2nl by playing sick poker. Bunch of donks.
    ongies gonna ong
    gg guys nice job pulling out the win :thumb:

thanks to mods as well
    right this isn't PoG LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Luco View Post
    Key, I would argue that there's nothing wrong with my gabe vote if gabe is a wolf.
    pound it

@ wuf: I should def. apologize for the "detestable specimen of humanity" comment.
    I'm sorry for that.
    I can find many examples that actually fit that bill in 2 seconds on a YouTube comment board.
    Whatever I can say about you, wuf, I don't think you're a maliciously minded person.
    as such... well... I was the detestable one for a while there.

You've got a good heart, wuf, and I'll try to focus on that when your actions make me want to throttle you.
    What more can a potential bro offer?
    Thank you. That means a lot.
    Yeah but quietly killing keith doesn't get me any village cred, does it?

You guys just aren't on my level. This is just like getting crushed at 2nl by playing sick poker. Bunch of donks.
    You do realize that you have just said that I'm on your level? Because I was the main person saying you were never a wolf there
    Quote Originally Posted by Luco View Post
    pound it

"I don't tip. I don't believe in it. This tipping automatically, it's for the birds. As far as I'm concerned, they're just doing their job."
    You do realize that you have just said that I'm on your level? Because I was the main person saying you were never a wolf there
    ...YOU? YOU were the main person?
    Quote Originally Posted by BooG690 View Post
    ...YOU? YOU were the main person?
    Sorry now I remember. I probably thought I was because as the game progressed, several times perusing the thread for information I scrolled over my post that starts with "ong is not a wolf" and just shook my head
    thanks heaps to the mods, great game!
    i thought i had logged on in time to get a vote in on my last day - i got that wrong obviously... for the record, i wouldn't have lynched the angel but i would have happily have lynched any of wuf/jkds/gabe (in that order cos lol-me)
    i don't understand the angel lynch, but we won so hell yeah villa ftw
    Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    baud/keith its not a big deal

gg all and thanks for modding